Love Beyond Expectation

Love Beyond Expectation

Chapter 16

 

The doctor shook Jaejoong’s hand & congratulated him. His blood test result was extremely good. He grinned broadly all the way to the parking garage.

 

Tucking in his result paper in his pocket, he walked past the children wing towards the parking garage. He suddenly remembered the child who was screaming & got comforted by his mother the last time he passed this corridor. Occupied by his thought, he didn’t pay any attention to a toy car moving towards him. A boy shouted in warning & trying to avoid the toy, Jaejoong lost his balance & fell onto his . He looked up & saw a boy about eight with big almond-shaped eyes & engaging quick grin looked at him. He looked somewhat familiar to him; he felt like he had seen those eyes somewhere. The boy suddenly grinned wider & clapped his hands, happy that his toy wasn’t squashed like a bug. Jaejoong, on the other hand, wasn’t that pleased. He grimaced a little, more from bruised pride than bruised backside & started to tell the boy about the danger of playing in the hospital corridor but his words got stuck in his throat when he saw Yoona walking out of the boy’s room. He blinked his eyes, trying to clear the apparition from his sight, “Dohyun, don’t play anymore. Come here, you said you wanted to go home. I have packed all your toys & we could go now.” Dohyun picked up his toy, ran & held Yoona’s hand, babbling all the way, “I wasn’t playing; I was only chasing after my car. I was putting it in my bag but it slipped from my hand & slide outside. Luckily, it wasn’t broken. Look.” He flapped the car up & down, trying to catch Yoona’s attention but Yoona’s attention was directed somewhere else. She put her hand on , trying to keep from squealing in shock. Feeling the tug on her peace linen long sleeve boatneck shirt, she looked down & saw Dohyun grinning up at her. Instinctively, she grabbed Dohyun & all their belongings & ran towards the hospital entrance, escaping from the past. Seeing Yoona running snapped Jaejoong out from his astonishment. He stood up & started to chase after Yoona, despite his abused posterior, shouting at her to wait, not caring about the scowling nurses & people staring at them. His mind was filled with surprises, anticipation & lots of questions.

 

Yoona kept watching behind her as she waved her hand to stop a cab. Just as she was about to step into the cab, her arm was pulled back & she saw a determined & out-of-breath Jaejoong looking at her. She groaned inwardly & waved the taxi away. Dohyun, feeling the tension between the adults, grabbed hold of Yoona’s hand & tugged. Not even looking at him, Yoona pushed him behind her body as if to protect him from any harm. Warily, she looked at Jaejoong & tried to smile, “Jaejoong Oppa. What a surprises?”

 

“Yeah, what a surprises?” He replied sarcastically.

 

Yoona took a careful breath & asked casually, while her mind was working in the speed of light, trying to get out of this situation, “How are you? It’s been quite a while. What are you doing here?”

 

Not having an interests for chit chat, he asked directly, “So, you are back in town. That means Yuri’s back too, right? How is she? Where is she?”

 

Yoona didn’t have a chance to answer because suddenly, Dohyun let go of her hand & ran to the entrance, “Daddy.”

 

Jaejoong followed the boy with his eyes & then they widened in disbelief. Leeteuk was walking out from the hospital with a wide toothy grin with Dohyun settled comfortably in his arms.

 

It was summer in Seoul. Outside, the sun shines brightly, bringing a little heat in Seoul cool climate but inside the cafeteria, it was very cold, especially around a particular table in the corner. Jaejoong was looking at Yoona & Leeteuk in shock while Yoona & Leeteuk fidgeted, uncomfortable being stared at. Only Dohyun happily his oreo fudge ice cream, noticing the tension but still carefree as only child could be.

 

“Is he your son, Yoona? Cause I find his face very familiar.” Jaejoong started the conversation. He planned to steer the conversation to find out more about Yuri’s whereabouts.

 

Yoona nodded absently, not really listening to Jaejoong. Her mind was busy praying that Yuri, for once, would be late.

 

“You married Teuk?” Jaejoong asked again, holding his breath & waited for her answer.

 

Seeing Yoona not paying attention & not going to answer Jaejoong, Leeteuk was opening his mouth to answer when suddenly Dohyun gave out a squeal & shouted, “Mommy! I’m here! I thought you weren’t coming!” He slid from his seat & went running to a stunning young woman standing at the doorway with a big grin on her pale pink lips.

 

Yoona & Leeteuk closed their eyes & prepared themselves for an explosion. It didn't come as expected. Instead, Jaejoong got a confused look on his face & as if a thunder blaring in his ear, he turned his head as quickly as his neck muscles allowed & he reminded himself that he would go through a complete checkup as soon as he could clear his schedule. His eyes must be checked thoroughly because they gave him a vision of Yuri entering the cafeteria, smiling & lifting the boy up in her arms. His ears must be broken because he heard the boy calling her mommy when Yoona’s supposed to be his mom. His brain must be taking a leave because otherwise, he couldn’t have this hallucination. His legs & arms should be checked because he had sudden difficulty moving them. His heart must be examined because such erratic beatings couldn’t be a good sign. His sweat glands were suddenly on strike because he suddenly felt cold all over.

 

Noting Jaejoong’s reaction, Yoona hurriedly stood up & walked towards Yuri. At the same time, Leeteuk stood up & tried to block Yuri’s view. Unaware of the shock she gave everyone, Yuri grinned at Yoona, “Thanks, Yoon. I thought you had left when I saw Dohyun’s room was empty. Luckily, I got hungry & came in here.” Yoona nodded stiffly. Yuri turned back at Dohyun & grinned, “Are you hungry? Want to go for a bite? The doctor said you could only eat porridge so we will put your burger aside for now & go somewhere else.” Dohyun wheedled for a moment but seeing his mommy’s face, he accepted the inevitable. Satisfied, Yuri turned to Yoona & Leeteuk, “Are you coming with us? Hurry up because I’m starving.” Yoona forced herself to act normal & pushed Yuri playfully, yet firmly from the cafeteria.

 

When Jaejoong stirred up from his frozen state, Yuri was already gone. He was left all alone in the cafeteria. He slumped back on his seat, still stunned by the fact that Yuri had a son.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i'm sorry i wasn't able to update yesterday since i was cutting some long a** fabric for my mom the whole day -_-

but i will try to update as much as i can tomorrow since starting tomorrow through friday, i will be able to update one chapter for each other my fanfic because of work *sighs*

btw, i started a new fanfic starring kwon yuri & jung yunho so if you guys are interest, please check it out ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/776891/wondering-about-her-friendship-sad-yunho-yunri-yuri-love

- butt3rflyl0v3r