Love Beyond Expectation

Love Beyond Expectation

Chapter 25

 

“Fany, you have got to go to the hospital. You bumped your head pretty hard when I tackled you down.” Hyukjae said, while looking closely to her head. Tiffany had fainted when she saw the blood from Jessica & Sehun’s wound. Alarmed, Hyukjae had taken her in his arms & ran outside to the ambulance, yelling for help. The sting of alcohol on her cuts woke her up. Not keen on entering the house, Hyukjae had taken Tiffany to a park not far from the house.

 

Tiffany stubbornly shook her head, “I’m okay. Are you hurt?”

 

Hyukjae shook his head & grinned, “My head is harder than yours.”

 

“Don’t I know it.” Tiffany mumbled, & smiled at him. Their eyes locked & slowly the smiles died down. As if pulled by invisible, yet sturdy thread, their head moved closer & closer together. A half-inch from touching her reddish pink lips, Hyukjae asked huskily, “You forgive me?”


“You are willing to accept a bullet for me. How should I hold a grudge?” Tiffany smiled & put her arms around his neck & brought him even closer. The kiss was bittersweet; it’s been so long. They didn’t know how long it had lasted before suddenly a giggle brought them back to reality. Tiffany blushed & smiled & hid her face in Hyukjae’s shoulder, “Marry me?” He asked softly. She could hear his heart thudding against her cheek from the aftermath of their kiss & waiting for her answer. Closing her eyes in blissful surrender, she nodded. Hyukjae, feeling her movement, laughed joyously. His freedom had come back to him. He was free once again.

 

‘Yuri,

 

When you read this letter, I will already be in Guatemala. As you know, the medical condition here is very poor & I want to do something for them. I don’t know where I will be a week from now so it’s pointless to give you my address. I will send you a letter now & again.

 

Yuri, I know now that Jesscia’s gone, you & Jaejoong could finally be together again. I’m very happy for you as I know how much you love him & how much he loves you. I wish you happiness. Always & now that I’m sure you are going to be happy, I could start living my life. Don’t feel guilty, Yuri. It was my decision to see your happiness first before I could start thinking about my own.

 

Please tell Dohyun his uncle Leeteuk would come back one day & bring him many toys from the countries I have visit? Lastly, please take good care of yourself & tell Jaejoong I will never forgive him if he ever hurts you again.

 

Always,

 

Leeteuk’

 

Yuri wiped the tears from her eyes away & folded the letter. She looked around her new house. It seemed so empty now without Tiffany & Yoona. Yoona had got an offer from Gucci in New York & had grabbed the once in a lifetime chance with both hands. She had left the day before.

 

Tiffany would be in Kenya by now, in her honeymoon with Hyukjae. They had gotten married a week before in a small intimate ceremony with only eighty people in attendance. Yuri still remembered the way Tiffany looked in a ivory angelic tulle wedding gown highlighted with lace applique & fancy train, with her hair put up & laced with diamonds. The way her eyes were sparkling with joy. The expression on Hyukjae’s face when he saw his bride for the first time. The way they swore to love each other for life.

 

She was startled when the doorbell rang. It was Jaejoong. He smiled & a thick book at her, “Read it. Please?”

 

Puzzled, Yuri walked to the couch & started to read it. After a while, she looked up at Jaejoong & saw him looking at her closely, “What are you thinking? You hate her?”

 

Yuri pursed her light pink lips for a moment & then shook her head, “These eight years had taught me so much. It taught me to appreciate what I have. It taught me there are more things to hold onto than a petty grudge. No, I don’t hate her. She loved you; it’s not her fault. Sure she did some horrible things but she saved you. She kept you alive for me.”

 

Jaejoong smiled in admiration, “I’m crazy about you, princess.” He whispered reverently. She only smiled & crooked her eyebrow. He grinned & took her hand to tug her closer. Smiling, he brought his soft, round, pink plump lips to hers. The kiss after eight long years was awkward at best. He paused & lifted his thick eyebrow, “Let’s see if I can do better. It seems like I’m out of practice.” Yuri laughed & smacked his lips playfully, “What do you think you are doing to my daughter, you bastard?! I told you not to get near her again.” As soon as they heard the voice, they jumped apart with red faces like little kids caught with their hands in a cookie jar. Mr. Kwon stood there, glowering at Jaejoong with anger & disgusts. Dohyun was standing on the doorway grinning with Mrs. Kwon at his side.


“Dad.” Yuri’s words died down as his father stared at her in disappointment.


“Let me have a minute with your father, Yul.” Jaejoong said, his eyes still on Mr. Kwon.

 

Yuri sighed & nodded reluctantly. She extended her arm out to Dohyun & they walked out of the house, “Please don’t let dad kill him, mom? He’s the only man that I have ever loved & he’s Dohyun’s father.” Yuri whispered, as she walked past her mother. Mrs. Kwon nodded & patted her arm in assurance.

 

Yuri was whispering to Dohyun on a bench near the house when suddenly a grinning Jaejoong appeared in front of her. She looked at him in question. Jaejoong’s grin got wider & he nodded enthusiastically, “I showed him Jessica’s diary & he still remembered how heroic I was, shielding you from the bullet with my body so no more resentment from that direction.” He laughed in joy & swiftly, scooped Yuri up & twirled her around then he brought her closer for a kiss but small hands pushed them apart. Dohyun looked up at him with confusion, “You are really my daddy?”

 

Jaejoong’s grin froze on his lips. His grip on Yuri loosened as he looked at Dohyun, flabbergasted. Yuri smiled beamingly & touched his arm. Not trusting himself to speak, Jaejoong nodded like a robot. Dohyun pursed his lips & asked, “How come you left me & mommy alone? Don’t you love us anymore?”

 

Jaejoong looked at Yuri, asking for some help but she just smiled & shrugged, meaning he’s on his own. Jaejoong swallowed hard & croaked, “I...ehm, I have never left you or your mother & of course, I...I love you both.” Dohyun pouted & looked down, playing with his fingers. Jaejoong squared his shoulders & took in a deep breath.


“Dohyun, look at me.” Reluctantly, he looked up. Seeing the eyes he loved in his son’s face, Jaejoong felt his nervousness eased a bit. He cupped his son’s face & said softly, “I love you. I really do & I love your mommy, too. Very much so. If I could turn back the clock, I swear I would never leave your mommy nor you but I can’t so I’m going to make it up to you & I’m so sorry that you got bullied because you didn’t have a father beside you but you have one now. I know it would take some time for you to accept me. You don’t have to call me daddy if you don’t want to. I will wait.”

 

Dohyun’s lips trembled & with tears in his eyes, he ripped his father’s heart with a, “You don’t want to be my daddy?”

 

Jaejoong bit his lips & smiled watery, “Of course I do. How about a hug?”

 

Dohyun’s smile slowly bloomed & shrieking, he leaped into his father’s arms. He was engulfed in a bear hug & sighing, he put his head on his father’s shoulder, “Daddy.” He whispered. Yuri smiled seeing the two guys she loved & wiped her tears away. She kneel down & joined in the hug.


The sun was setting down & night was coming soon but to the happy family, the warmth of the day would never fade away. Jaejoong looked at Yuri who was cuddling their son tenderly. He knew the road ahead was still long & maybe bumpy but he also knew that Yuri would always be there to love him. To be with him. All the way.