Some Truths About My Fake Girlfriend

Maid in Heaven

Before Kyuhyun officially started his fake dates with Yuri, he decided to stalk her for a week. He has been following her for 6 days already and so far he hasn’t found anything unusual except for the shops where she frequently stops by but she never went inside.

 

“Today is the last day of following her but this time, I’ll follow her all the way home. Is she really rich and just pretending to be poor? Did she just run away from home? Does she sleep on streets?” I wondered.

 

As soon as Yuri left the house, I put on my ball cap, shades, and mask. I also put on a shirt that she hasn’t laundry or seen me wear so she won’t recognize me. I trailed her from afar as she walks from my house, to the bus stop, to the alley. I thought that she must be very feet because she walks this far. She stopped by the first shop along the market alley. She took out something from her pocket but and shook her head disappointedly. But she kept on staring on whatever it is that’s in the store and then she turned around while holding her shabby skirt as if she’s a princess. She stopped and shook her head again and gloomily walks to the second shop. She stood affix to whatever is in it. She took a step to her left and closed her eyes. “Aigoo! This person, always do day dreaming.” Then I saw her drag herself slowly away from the store. Nothing in her routine is different from what I saw her do for the past 6 days except taking out something from her pocket when she stopped on the first shop and stepping away from her usual spot then closing her eyes on the second shop.

 

As Yuri exited the market place, I finally get a chance to see what’s in the store. I stopped by the first shop and stood in the exact place where she stands every day. It’s just an ordinary clothing store. Right in front of me, is a mannequin wearing short black lacy dress and black high heels. “She must have fancied this for a long time already but she doesn’t have enough money.” Kyuhyun entered the store and checked it out. 100,000 won - stated in the price tag. No wonder she’s disappointed. It’s impossible for her to buy this with the little money she asks from us for her cleaning job. What she has is not even enough for her to buy a subway ticket. So Kyuhyun instinctively asked the lady to take out a new stock and wrap it up.

 

After a block, I saw the second shop where she often stops by. There I was standing in front of an old record store. The funny thing was I saw a life size picture of myself holding hands with a mystery girl. “Oh yeah! This was back when we were promoting our 6thalbum. This is the win-a-date with a super junior member promo if they buy the album. Each of us has this life-size standee. Good thing it was Sungminah who was chosen by the winner or else I’ll be stuck on a date with a stranger,” I happily recalled. But why does she like stopping by here. “Aish! That girl! She must hate me that much that she stops by here to curse me every day.”

 

_____

 

- Yuri’s POV –

 

I passed by the clothing boutique and stepped on my favorite spot. For a long time I was glad that no one else has bought the dress that I like and they haven’t replaced it either. “This is the moment,” I told myself. So I counted the all the money I have in the pocket just to find out it’s not enough. “Perhaps on Christmas it will be,” I comforted herself. So as usual, I just held on to my skirt and turned. I imagined how does it feels like to wear pretty clothes again.

 

I stopped by the record store and stepped on my favorite spot as well. Actually I don’t plan on buying any CDs because first I don’t have money and second, my a.m. radio is still doing fine. Every day I just seem to enjoy looking at Kyuhyun’s life-size standee. Today is different because I promised myself that this is the last time I’ll go here. “She’s just a maid,” it keeps on echoing on my mind. I took a step to the left (away from Kyuhyun and in front of the mystery girl). I closed my eyes and dreamed of holding his hand again. “Aish! Pabo Yuri-ah! Pabo… Pabo.” as I knocked my head several times with my knuckle.

 

_____

 

Yuri entered an old karaoke bar. The rooms are empty and the facilities seem to be passé though well-maintained. The main hall is interesting though in a sense that all the people who are there are old – few customers, the bartender, the waitress and even the cook peeking out from the kitchen window. Kyuhyun followed and sat beside the dark bar.

 

“Don’t tell me she works here.” he thought.

 

Kyuhyun saw Yuri took time chatting with each one of them.

 

“Ajusshi, have you eaten already?”

 

“Ajhumma, that hairstyle looks good on you. Where did you have your hair permed?”

 

“Ajusshi, order something other than nuts. Later your son will scold us again if your uric acid attacks.”

 

Yuri then approached the bartender so Kyuhyun turned. “Uncle, have you eaten already? Did you drink your meds? Leave all the hard work to me. I'll clean everything before I go to bed. Araso?” she smiled.

 

"So she lives here," "Kyuhyun wondered how comfortable she must have felt when Yuri slept on his bed.

 

Yuri then turned to the waitress who happens to be in front of Kyuhyun. She hugged the waitress tightly and the girl who greeted every one cheerfully suddenly broke down. Even if she’s on front of Kyuhyun, she will not be able to see him because she is blinded by her own tears. “Aunty, I don’t know why I’m so sad. I just feel like crying all night. I suddenly miss my family. I just suddenly feel bad because I’m just an orphan and just a maid. It just dawn me that life is so hard on me and worst I passed by this world unnoticed. No one cares for me and I’m scared to die without even one person crying in front of my grave. I try not to complain because I know I’ve been given 2 chances to live, but why is it like this?” she ranted and cried harder.

 

The waitress must have been astounded too but she just listened and pat her back until her crying was down to sobbing. “Yuri-ah, don't worry. We love you. Stop thinking of dying because I’m sure you have more lives than a cat. Why don’t you sing like you always do when your sad,” she suggested and Yuri nodded.

 

Yuri wiped of her tears, sip some water, took the microphone and wore her pretty smile again. “Annyeong! Are you all feeling good tonight? I know all of us has its own burden to take but some of us are lucky enough to be surrounded with people who will make you feel everything will be alright. But what if you don't have that somebody? What if you're just always dreaming?” People murmered perhaps they are wondering what she's talking about. She then the number on the machine and started singing even though her voice is still breaking because of her sobs.

 

She sang…

 

"It seems as though the accumulated time is being greedy
Seeing as it hurts more today than yesterday
It was after I realized that I couldn’t be totally happy with that smile towards me
That there was nothing special, baby

 

What if
It seems like you’re going to love me
Because it seems like you’re going to come to me if I wait just a little
With these anticipations
I can’t leave you
Even though I know that as time accumulates
It becomes pain

 

Even though I wanted to believe that that smile was just for me
It probably isn’t, right?
But still
Just maybe

What if
I met you first
No, if I didn’t know you
These thoughts are useless
For I’m already living in the deeply set times of you

Even though love increases as much as time’s weight
Even though pain is heavy
Still, I feel like you’ll love me
Because it seems like you’re going to come to me if I wait just a little
With these anticipations
I can’t leave you
Even though I know that the accumulated time has made today"
 

The moment she finished the song, I cried a tear. Now, I know how lonely her life is and how I become a part of that lonely life as well.

 

_____

Credits to super junior

_____

 

author's note: sorry if this chapter is a bit dragging. I just felt a need to fill in some blindspots. Don't worry, kyuri's dates will start next chapter!