Mission: Getting-Famous-Again

Maid in Heaven

Yuri was tidying up the living room when manager park, kyuhyun, and an lady (who’s in her mid 40s) came. Yuri bowed to greet the three and excused herself.

 

“Kyuhyunsshi, I came up with an idea on how you can bounce back to the center stage,” Manager Park enthusiastically said.

 

“What do you want me to do?” Kyuhyun was not a bit interested.

 

“Kyuhyunsshi, you’re going to have a girlfriend,” Manager Park grinned.

 

“Bwo!? Don’t tell me this ajhumma you brought here is going to be my girlfriend!” Kyuhyun disapprovingly answered.

 

The lady raised her eyebrow.

 

“Aniyo. Kyuhyunsshi, this is Ms. Kim. She is going to be your publicist. She’ll be in charge of making write-ups and calling for paparazzi to take you and your date’s photos,” Manager Park explained.

 

“Too bad… all the girls I wanted are taken. Seohyun is already married to Yonghwa then Victoria is already engaged to Nickhun.” Kyuhyun thought harder. “Aish!!! I can’t think of any other ideal girl to ask favour from.”

 

From the corner of Kyuhyun’s eye he can see that his hyung already has the answer.

 

“Actually, we were thinking of someone not in the entertainment circle so it would be more mysterious” Ms. Kim blurted out.

 

“Actually we were thinking of her,” as Manager Park pointed to the window. Through it was Yuri joyfully watering the plants in the backyard, not knowing what’s going on.

 

“Hyung, why her of all people!??? You know we can’t stand each other!” Kyuhyun argued.

 

“You can’t STAND each other but you can literally SLEEP BESIDE EACH OTHER,” Manager Park teased.

 

“How do you…” but Kyuhyun wasn’t able to finish his sentence when Manager Park answered.

 

“Ne! ne! I know EVERYTHING!” Manager Park then explained how he knew about it – he went to Kyuhyun’s house unannounced with the fear that Kyuhyun might have committed suicide already. Kyuhyun blushed as Manager Park refresh his memory.

 

“Why her? She’s just a maid!” Kyuhyun negated.

 

_____

 

- Yuri’s POV –

 

“Hyung, why her of all people!??? You know we can’t stand each other!” Kyuhyun argued.

 

“Aish these people! They talk as if I cannot hear them,” she thought as she shook her head.

 

“You can’t STAND each other but you can literally SLEEP BESIDE EACH OTHER,” Manager Park teased. “Ne! ne! I know EVERYTHING!” Manager Park continued.

 

“Omo… omo… What should I do? Manager Park knows it already! Will he fire me? Will he think of me as a very ambitious person? Aish! How will I ever look at him straight in the eyes again? Waaaah!” I felt my face turned red and hot in embarrassment.

 

“Why her? She’s just a maid!” Kyuhyun negated.

 

With these words, my heart broke. “Yeah right. I’m just a maid. I was very stupid to think that he’d even treat me as a friend.” I left without even finishing my garden work because I don’t want to hear any of Kyuhyun’s crappy words anymore.

 

_____

 

- Kyuhyun’s POV -

 

“Admit it, Kyuhyunsshi. She’s beautiful and I think you look good together. Maybe we need to work a little on your chemistry because you clash a lot. Perhaps that’s because you’re both mischievously smart” hyung convinced me.

 

I kept quiet and thought “Yeah she is indeed smart and beautiful. Even though I always think of our status, she has a power to make me sweat and my heart thump faster.” I didn’t realize I was smiling as I imagine how we look like together. “Araso” he finally answered.

 

_____

 

Manager Park found Yuri in the kitchen preparing dinner for Kyuhyun. “Yuriah! Can we have a favour with you? Can you be Kyuhyun’s date for maybe a month?”

 

“Why me I’m just a maid?” she answered with angst.

 

“Well we need someone not famous. So can you do it?” he tried using his puppy eyes aegyo.

 

“Just admit that you’ve already decided without my consent. Even if I say no, you wouldn’t hear me out because I’m just a maid right? Don’t worry, I’ll do this because I owe the two of you my life!” then Yuri walked out.