The First Meeting

Maid in Heaven

“Oppa, where are you going?” Yuri asked in an aegyo manner. “I’m going to meet hyung in the studio. You want to come with me?” Kyuhyun, who cannot resist her cuteness, invited her knowing that there’ll be few people (therefore few paparazzi) in the building since it’s Sunday and most of the workers are off. Apparently, he was wrong.

 

As soon as they two walked into the building, people carrying video cameras, voice recorders, and microphones swarmed the couple, separating them. Kyuhyun dodged the questions fine since he has been doing this since he debuted. But as for Yuri, she doesn’t know what to say or if she has to say anything. She didn't even think about covering her face with anything or running away. She thought that these people are not the ones called by their publicist but the curious media who has been wanting to know what’s the real score between them. Yuri just froze there in shock.

 

____

 

An idol just finished rehearsing his dance routine for his new MV went out of the practice room. He wore his jacket and cap over his sweaty white shirt and jogging pants. He decided to just take a shower home since he doesn’t have any appointment or plan for the night anyway. He rode the elevator and pressed the G button. As soon as the door opened, he found media all over the place. One group was surrounding Kyuhyun and the other group was surrounding a girl… no… “the girl from the newspaper,” he thought. But her radiant face he usually sees in the newspaper has turned pale in fear. The man who was watching from afar grew worried as the girl was being pushed and forced to answer. Her eyes… her beautiful eyes were shed tears and the man wasn’t able to resist himself in doing nothing.

 

He ran towards the girl, held her wrist, and ran away with her.

 

_____

 

- Yuri’s POV -

 

I didn’t know how to react. I just stood there… frozen and speechless. Suddenly, what my mouth cannot express in words unconsciously became tears. What should I do? I’m scared that I’ll make a mistake and ruin Kyuhyun’s reputation after he worked hard to rise on top again. Out from nowhere, a hand grabbed me and shoved the cameras out of my face. He dragged me to run as I was still in shock.

 

We ran as fast as our feet could take us and reached a big room that looks more like an auditorium. We went up to the back of the stage and went out the door that says exit. Behind that door, he took of his jacket and put it on me. Again, we ran as fast and as far as we could until we reached a dark alley a black car was parked. He took out his key from his bag and opened the door for me. He maneuvered his car to exit the dark alley and into the dimmed-lit streets.

 

Inside the car, I thought only of Kyuhyun. How was he? Is the truth known already? Then, the man who was driving the car reached out his hand and gave me a box tissue. “Gomawa,” I softly said.  Maybe Kyuhyun is clever enough to prepare for worse scenarios and sent this man to rescue me.

 

The car stopped in front of an old convenient store. He must have noticed that I haven’t wiped any of my tears since I rode his car so he held my chin a foot away from his face so he can see and wipe my face. “There you go… here, wear this also,” as he put his cap on my head. He opened the door for me and ushered me inside the store. He bought an instant coffee and held my shoulder to signal me to the sit down. He then brought out his phone to make a call.

 

“Kyuhyunsshi, she’s with me. Remember the convenient store near our dorm during our trainee days. We’re here. I’ll accompany her while waiting for you,” then he hanged up.

 

Did Kyuhyun look for me? Did he worry about me?

 

“Are you ok? Well obviously you’re not. What a stupid question,” the man said. I just blinked.

 

“Sorry if I scared you by dragging you all the way here. I didn’t expect our first meeting is going to be like this. By the way my name is Yunho… Jung Yunho.”