I Like Your Valentine's Date, Hyung!

Maid in Heaven

- Kyuhyun’s POV -

 

Few days after the press conference, my phone rang… it was from Yunho.

 

“Yoboseyo! Kyuhyunsshi! How are you?”

 

“I’m fine. I’m doing great. Is there anything you need hyung?” I answered in a sleepy voice.

 

“Actually, yeah. Let me ask you something first before I tell you the favor I’ll be asking from you. Just between the two of us, are you really dating the girl in the photos?”

 

I did not expect to hear this question so I was not prepared to answer. I paused for a long time and thought of Yuri, her cheery attitude and her nice smile. I took a deep breath and answered “Aniyo.”

 

 “I knew it! I knew it was just for publicity. I’ve been following the news about the two of you and I can see that you’re not wearing couple’s ring or any accessories that those in a relationship wear.” (Imagine Yunho punching the air gleefully)

 

I was puzzled with what he said so I asked, “So what is the favor, hyung?”

 

“Oh that! I actually wanted to ask her out. I think it was love at first sight. The first time I saw her in newspaper, I liked her already. Our first meeting wasn’t very pleasant so I wanted to make it up to her. Can I have her number?”

 

“She doesn’t have a mobile phone. Don’t worry, hyung, I can call her for you. I am offering myself as the chaperone so she will not feel uneasy” I lied. I just really wanted an excuse to see Yuri. “What day do you want to meet her?

 

“On February 14. I’ll just meet you guys in front of The Shilla Hotel at 7 p.m.”

 

“Araso.” and I hanged up.

 

The truth is I don’t even know her number. So I just gave my driver the instructions on how to get to Yuri’s place to deliver the message. I also asked the driver to tell her not to worry about the outfit for the date because Manager Park’s wife, Taeyon, will choose it for her.

 

I sat in the living room and thought… this is where it all began. I remember how much I disliked her and soon how much I enjoyed her company. I wonder how she is. I already miss her smile, her laughs, her glares, and her aegyo. Now this is house is just an empty structure, quiet and cold. Is she thinking of me too? Has she forgiven me already? I made a loud sigh realizing I haven’t apologized yet.

 

_____

 

Kyuhyun arrived at 6:30 in front of the hotel. After a while, a black Audi stopped in the driveway. It was Yunho. He stepped out of his car and coolly threw his keys to the valet driver. Yunho is in his usual elegant attire: fit black coat, slim black pants which emphasizes his long sporty legs, and white ankle-high dance shoes that compliments his polo. Yunho approached Kyuhyun and said, “I’ll go inside to make sure all arrangements I’ve asked for is done. This is my first date with her so I don’t want anything spoiled.” “Araso. I’ll usher her in later,” he replied as he put his hand up to hint see you later. “I hope Yuri behaves well tonight and not disappoint hyung,” he thought.

 

Kyuhyun looked at his watch to check how much longer he has to wait for Yuri. Soon after that, his black Mercedes arrived. The driver went down and hurriedly opened the door for Yuri. Kyuhyun felt his heart skipped several beats with the sight of her. She is wearing a fit cream tube dress lined with lace. Her dress was mid-thigh high and her shoes are white contrast pumps. “Taeyon noona, why did you choose this dress for her?” as he scratched his head. He stared at Yuri again and noticed that her hair is worn down long and straight with curls at the end.

 

_____

 

- Kyuhyun’s POV –

 

 

Everything seemed to be in slow motion. It also felt that it was just me and Yuri, no one else. I stared at her and she stared back at me (I thought) with her pretty smile. Omo, she’s getting closer! What should I do? Shall I kiss her on the cheeks? Shall I hold her hand and bring her in. No… shall I date her myself? She’s 5 paces away from me… 4 paces… 3 paces… 2 paces… and 1. But she just passed by me as if I was not there. Oh. So she wasn’t staring at me. She’s staring at someone behind me. I turned and saw Yunho waiting for her. Perhaps, I didn’t notice him as I was too mesmerized at her beauty. Yunho reaches for her hand and kissed it. He then takes her inside the restaurant. Shish, too suave!

 

I was planning to just play games while waiting for their date to be finished so I made sure my mobile phone is fully charged and I also brought my PSP just in case. But I was wrong. I don’t need them at all because it bothers me not knowing what’s going on inside. So I looked around for a souvenir shop. I bought a jacket and a cap to disguise myself. I sat at the back of the restaurant, far enough for them not to see. As I peeked from afar, I can see that they were having a good time talking to each other. They look good together, that I cannot deny. But WE looked better together! I tried to have bionic eyes to see how Yuri is reacting and I can see her doing a shy yet still captivating smile. Have I seen that smile before? Or I cannot really bring out that smile in her? I then stole a glance at Yunho and he was staring at Yuri with so much interest and passion, listening to every word she is saying. Did I ever look at her that way? I wondered.

 

After eating dinner, Yunho snapped his fingers and the waiter dimmed the lights. Aish! This guy really prepared. How can he be such a show off. He held Yuri’s hand and brought her to the dance floor. Don’t dance with him! Don’t dance with him! I begged all the gods as I crossed my fingers and closed my eyes. But my prayers failed me. I saw the two standing face to face. Yunho put his hand on Yuri’s waist and drew her closer to him. Now their face is inch away from each other.

 

I stood up from my seat in disbelief. "Hoooo!" I covered my mouth with the back of my hand. Why am I feeling this way? I shouldn’t be feeling this. Kyuhyunah! She was nothing! You just used her, remember? She was just your maid, I painfully thought. I wasn’t able to take it anymore that I had to walk out of the restaurant. I kept on checking the time as I walked back and forth impatiently. When is this agony going to end? When I turned to look at the restaurant’s glass window, the sight shattered my heart into pieces I could not count – Yuri leaned her head on Yunho’s shoulders with her eyes closed.

 

I wasn’t able to control the tears dropping from my eyes... "Hyung, I like your Valentine's Date."

 

- Yuri’s POV -

 

My first impression of Yunho (during the escape from the media) was similar to who he was as I got to know him in this date. He is not only handsome but also a gentleman. He is funny and witty. He has a lot of stories to share and he asked for mine too. He easily made me feel at ease. After eating our dinner, the lights grew dimmer.

 

“Omo! Are they going to close the restaurant without informing us?” I innocently asked him. “Aniyo,” he replied as the white lights were replaced with candle lights.

 

“Wow! You prepared so much for this. I’m a bit embarrassed because I can never replace your kindness to me.”

 

“Yuriah, being in the presence of a goddess this Valentine’s Day is more than enough. It’s an honor to be on a date with a woman like you.” My face suddenly felt hot and I'm sure he saw me blushing. He then reached out his hand and took me to the dance floor.

 

“Yunhosshi, it’s my first time to be doing a slow dance,” I resisted at first. But then he drew me closer to him and now I’m an inch away from his face. It’s seems that I was hypnotized by this person’s sharp eyes and cassanova smile that my feet started doing a slow dance on its own.

 

“It’s ok. Didn’t Kyuhyun mention to you that I’m a good dancer? Don't worry, so far you my toes are still complete,” he joked.

 

With the mention of Kyuhyun’s name, I can’t help but think of him. Aish Yuriah! Don’t think of him you’re on a date with someone else... an idol more handsome and romantic than Kyuhyunah! I stared back at Yunho and studied his face. Even though he gives off a play boy aura, he seemed to me that he’s a warm-hearted and loyal person. I’m sure any girl would die tonight to be in my place right now… but I wouldn’t. If he is Kyuhyun I would definitely die just to get in this place. I looked at Yunho and imagined it was Kyuhyun who was standing in front of me, the one who’s holding me. I felt that tears are starting to blur my vision so I smiled at Yunho and leaned my head on his shoulder to hide the longing that is not meant for him. I closed my eyes and whispered to his ear, “Oppa, I don’t want to wake up from this dream.” I felt my tears staining his coat.

 

_____

 

Kyuhyun’s song to Yuri in this chapter: In My Dreams by KRY