Termination of Contract

Maid in Heaven

Kyuhyun treated Yuri coldly after the incident with the media. He doesn’t know whether it’s because he was jealous that he wasn’t able to do anything to save her or because he’s scared that they’d get busted and lose everything he and Manager Park worked hard for. He was so confused with how he felt about Yuri that he ignored and pretended that she doesn’t exist again even if they lived in the same roof.

 

“Oppa, do you want to go ice skating? Many couples do that during Christmas season,” Yuri asked enthusiastically. “Aniyo, I have rehearsals for my Jeju concert. Maybe next week.” he’d reply without even looking at her.

 

After a week Yuri asked, “Kyuhyunah! Do you want to set up and decorate the Christmas tree with me?” “Aniyo. I will not celebrate Christmas here anyway, and so does New Year. You’d better go home too on those days and make sure you shut down all power source. Close all the doors and windows properly,” Kyuhyun answered then he left.

 

“Oppa, do you want to go on a date? My treat! I saved a little money since I started working here, we can use that,” Yuri tried to use her aegyo which obviously didn’t work as well. “Next time, I wanted to catch some sleep. Me and hyung have a meeting with the production team. We’re preparing for my world tour after my successful concert in Jeju.” “Araso. Congratulations, oppa,” she weakly replied.

 

The list of invitations from Yuri and alibis from Kyuhyunh went on.

 

_____

 

- Yuri’s POV –

 

It’s February already and Yuri giggled with the thought. It almost Kyuhyun’s birthday and it’s almost Valentine’s day. I wonder what can I do for him? Aish! This is very difficult. He’s more than an idol to me so he definitely deserves more. Besides, he must be very busy that he wouldn’t be able to think of it anymore. I wonder if SM or his fan girls will prepare something for him. Aha! I’ll make it short but sweet. “Yuri ah! Fighting!!!” I yelled as I day dream in the garden.

 

My much-awaited date arrived already. I woke up early to make Kyuhyun’s favorite breakfast before leaving. I rented a pink mountain bike with a basket in front. I know he likes it when I’m in pink or when I’m using pink. I also passed by my favorite bake shop and pleaded the owner if I could be the one to decorate his cake. I’m lucky that I’m a frequent customer that’s why he allowed me.

 

I’d pick him up during lunch time, maybe he wouldn’t mind because we’re just going to have a short picnic together. I hope that my plan works!

 

_____

 

Kyuhyun just finished his rehearsal in the studio so he went down to the lobby to wait for the driver. He wanted to go home and take a rest for even less than an hour before the rehearsals begin again. “Aish! Such a tiring day! When I was younger, I still have time to play Star Craft during my free time now I just want to devote all my free time for sleeping.”

 

Suddenly, a girl in bike stopped at the building entrance. She shouted, “Oppa, what are you waiting for? We have something important to do!” Thinking it was very urgent, Kyuhyun rode with her. “Where are we going?” he asked infuriatingly. “You’ll know when we get there.” Kyuhyun stepped on the bike’s peg behind then Yuri stepped on the pedals and drove.

 

The two reached the park and Yuri stopped the bike beside a tree surrounded with neatly trimmed grass. The view of the park overlooking the lake was spectacular but Kyuhyun didn’t care. Meanwhile, Yuri was happily laying down a picnic mat and brought out food from her bike’s basket. Yuri brought his favorite food - pork chops, seafood pasta, bread, wine, and fruits. But rather than feeling touched for the effort or at least being thankful, Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow.

 

“Why did you bring me all the way here?”

 

“Oppa, I would like us to have lunch together. This day is very important to me,” Yuri replied cheerfully.

 

 “You asked me to go here just for this damn lunch. Do you even call this decent lunch? Do you know that I’m so busy and I don’t have time for your personal agendas?”

 

Yuri kept her hopes up even her tears wanted to fall badly. “Oppa, if you don’t like the food just at least accept this,” Yuri forced a smile. She then handed him a small plain white box with a small light blue envelope on top. Kyuhyun took it and said, “Can I leave now?” Without even waiting for Yuri’s reply, he started walking away and took out his mobile phone using his free hand. After making a call to his driver, he paused and looked at her, “By the way, stop calling me oppa. It’s giving me goose bumps.” Yuri watched Kyuhyun walk away until he was out of her sight already. The tears that she held back started gushing from her eyes endlessly.

 

That night, Kyuhyun reached home after an exhausting day. As kyuhyun is about to open the door the driver rushed to him and say, “Kyuhyun, you forgot your box.” “Gomawa,” Kyuhyun lazily replied. He opened the lights, sat on the couch, and closed his eyes. He wondered if Yuri was upstairs. Realizing that he was thinking of her again, he shook his head and tried to clear his mind with thoughts of her. “Kyuhyun, focus… focus. The world tour is coming up very soon” he convinced himself.  When he finally had the energy to open his eyes, he stared at the white box which he laid on the coffee table. He took it and slowly opened it. It was a small heart-shaped cake with one tiny candle in the middle. He then opened the envelope and read the note inside:

 

“Oppa! Saeng il chook ha hamnida! You’re one year older but you’re a dozen times hotter *wink wink.* This day is very important to me because this is the day I was given a purpose. I often ask God for the reason why I have escaped death several times twice already. And every time I look at your face, God tells me the answer. Oppa! Live a long and happy life! Fighting!”

 

Kyuhyun was so occupied with work that he forgot his own birthday. Kyuhyun was so occupied with work that he forgot about Yuri. Now he couldn’t resist the temptation of thinking of her.

_____

 

Yuri didn’t bother going home that night. She was scared that Kyuhyun might still be mad at her so she spent the night by the lake crying her heart out. When she arrived at 6 in the morning to work, she found Manager Park’s car outside. She bowed to greet him good morning.

 

“Bwoya! What happened to your eyes? Are you sick?” Manager Park was surprised to see how red and swollen Yuri’s eyes were.

 

“Aniyo. I just ate something bad that caused my eyes to have this reaction,” Yuri lied. “Anyway, why are you here so early? Have you eaten your breakfast already? Do you want me to wake Kyuhyun for you?”

 

“No need, Yuriah. Actually I just came here to see you and have a talk with you,” Manager Park said with a serious tone. Yuri swallowed in fear.

 

“Actually, it’s about the contract,” Manager Park started his speech while Yuri thought “Is this it?”  I wanted to terminate your contract with us already. Kyuhyun’s back in the limelight and I’m scared that you and the around rumors about the two of you might get in his way to the top. I know you know how much Kyuhyun waited for his comeback. I can pay you with any amount you want in exchange for not disclosing the truth about the accident and about acting out as his girlfriend. Also, don’t ever come show yourself again because some people are doing everything to find loopholes to ruin Kyuhyun so I’m scared they’d find you,” he said.

 

“So I’m just a loophole,” Yuri grimly thought. She expected this day with great apprehension. She realized that she no longer has any tears to shed so she just gave Manager Park an I-knew-it smile. Yuri then bowed her head and say “Aniyo, Manager Park. I’m a simple person and I don’t have any use for the money anyway. Don’t worry I’ll forget everything that has happened and will not mention anything to anybody. I promise to keep my word. Gomawa… What I did for you and Kyuhyun is not even enough for how many times my life was saved by the two of you. Please let me get my things and I’ll take my leave as soon as I can.”  

 

_____

 

“Kyuhyunah! Wake up! We have a press conference to attend to!” Manager Park yelled as he repeatedly slapped the newspaper on Kyuhyun’s leg.

 

Kyuhyun was so tired that he didn’t realize that he fell asleep in the living room. His first thought was Yuri. “Hyung, I’ll go look for Yuri and we’ll have breakfast together.”

 

Manager Park got nervous. “Kyuhyunah, Yuri… I terminated the contract already because she’ll be a nuisance to us in the future. We don’t want that, right?”

 

“Bwo??? How can you do that to her when we owe her everything we’re enjoying now!” Kyuhyun argued as he was holding his hyung by his collar.

 

“Admit it, Kyuhyun. We just used her. Let her go now,” Manager Park firmly said.

 

Kyuhyun left the room and slammed the door behind him. He hurriedly ran towards the guest room where Yuri stays, or where she used to stay. When he opened the room, there were no signs of her. Only left were the clothes he and Manager Park bought for her. The clothes were neatly folded. On top of it he found a note that says “Master Kyuhyun, Gomawa. My dream with you is the sweetest and the best I had that I didn’t want to wake up from it. Annyeonggi gyeseyo.”

 

_____

 

 

Yuri sat on the gutter in front of the old karaoke bar. She took out the a.m. radio from her backpack and turned it on. She hugged her knees and waited for the next song. Coincidentally it is one of Kyuhyun’s songs, Storm. In her rage, which she herself is to blame, she threw her old radio friend and look at the heaven to ask why.

 

 

____

 

Storm - Lyrics

 

Stop talking
I hate myself for knowing everything
Before you even opened your mouth

I wanted to lie and run away but
Your two eyes are telling me goodbye

I finally set my heart to leave
And it came to me like a harsh storm
It might be a fate that will wash away like the rain
Because it was more painful than a fate shattered like glass
At the end of this walk, I let you know but you wouldn’t know

Stop crying
I hate myself for knowing everything
Before I get wet with your tears

I tried to lie and avoid it but
Your two eyes are telling me goodbye

I finally set my heart to leave
And it came to me like a harsh storm
It might be a fate that will wash away like the rain
I was sick with a love fever
The meaning of these tears trickling to my dried lips- you’ll never know

Don’t try too hard to get far away
My body has already broken into pieces just like you wanted
I can’t go a step closer to you

I finally set my heart to leave
And it came to me like a harsh storm
It might be a fate that will wash away like the rain
Because it was more painful than a fate shattered like glass
At the end of this walk, I let you know but you wouldn’t know

I was sick with a love fever
The meaning of these tears trickling to my dried lips- you’ll never know

- credits to Super Junior