Kyuhyun's Tactics

Maid in Heaven

Chapter 12 – Kyuhyun’s Tactics

 

“Yuriah! Yuriah! Kyuhyun called as he knocked on the guest room. After a few more knocks, there was still no reply so he decided to go inside. “Maybe she’s in the kitchen or in the garden,” he shrugged. He sat on Yuri’s bed where her backpack lays.

 

Kyuhyun got curious so he locked the door and poured out all the contents of her bag on the bed. He saw comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, worn-out gloves and bonnet (which he threw afterwards). He returned Yuri’s belongings inside her bag and started to check the side pockets. On the left pocket, he saw a cardholder with wallet-size photos of Yuri and her family. “She’s pretty even when she’s still in elementary,” he commented while taking 2 solo photos of Yuri and mischievously putting it in his pocket. He then checked the right pocket and found an A4 size calendar folded into a small square. Aside from marking the public holidays, Yuri also encircled other important dates of her life and made remarks below it like - her family member’s birthday, their death anniversary, the day of the accident, uncle and aunty’s birthday, and her birthday. “Omo! December 9!” then he counted. “That’s five days away from now.

 

Kyuhyun panicked so he immediately called Manager Park, “Hyung! Yuri is celebrating her birthday soon. Shall I give her a necklace or bracelet?” he asked.

 

“Hmmm. I don’t think Yuri is that kind of girl. I think she is not materialistic so give her something she can have and cannot forget for the rest of her life. You could take her to ice skating or watch a concert together. You could also go to the beach or theme park,” the list by Manager Park went on.

 

“Hyung, you’re the best! Gomawa. See you later at the recording studio,” and the two hanged up.

 

_____

 

“I chose the best place to bring a girl on her birthday,” Kyuhyun thought as he and Yuri walks towards the entrance of the theme park.

 

Kyuhyun is excited about this day. He made arrangements in advance to have candlelit dinner in a restaurant, just the two of them. He also imagined and planned various scenarios to make Yuri’s birthday celebration fun-filled and romantic. (1) He thought of entering a horror house. “All girls would are frightened of it or at least they pretend to be,” he thought. “I’m sure she’ll beg me to hold her tight,” he grinned. “Bwo! Oppa! You look creepy. Why are you smiling like that? Are you planning something mean to me?” Yuri suspiciously asked. “Aniyo… aniyo,” he denied; (2) He also thought of riding a roller coaster with Yuri. Kyuhyun was so sure that she will cry non-stop and he’ll be his knight in shining armor, comforting her after the ride; (3) For his finale, he thought of letting Yuri ride on a merry-go-round while he runs after her tirelessly. He imagined the two of them calling each other’s name while staring at each other, just like what he saw in romantic movies.

 

“Oppa, where shall we go first?” Yuri asked.

 

“Let’s start this day with a bang! Why don’t we go to the horror house? Unless you’re scared…” Kyuhyun teased.

 

“Aniyo. Let’s go!” Yuri enthusiastically pulled Kyuhyun inside.

 

The horror house is covered with fake spider webs here and there and once in a while, creepy creatures and bleeding parts of the body would appear from the ceiling or from the sides, but it doesn’t affect them both. Kyuhyun noticed Yuri just laughing. He scratched his head, “Me and  my dates used to be scared in this place. How come Yuri isn’t? Perhaps she’s feeling bored already,” Kyuhyun thought as he was expecting for more skin ship. So he grabbed his mobile phone, pressed it to light it up, and placed it below his chin to amplify his “scary face.” Then he paused so that Yuri would look his way.

 

“Bwoyah!” Yuri slap him in his arms. “Oppa, why did you do that? You frightened me to death,” she scowled. “It worked,” Kyuhyun evilly laughed in his head that he didn’t notice Yuri was missing. “Yuriah! Yuriah!” he called while looking left and right. Kyuhyun walked backward thinking that he might have lost her along the way. Kyuhyun bumped into something. When he turned, he saw a woman showing giving him a fierce look and her face was covered her hair. “Yah!” Kyuhyun yelled in surprise. “Don’t do that! You’re giving me heart attack!” Yuri laughed at him hardly for a long time then she suddenly stopped and looked afraid.

 

“Bwo! What is it this time!?” Kyuhyun asked angrily.

 

Yuri swallowed, “Oppa…” as she pointed on Kyuhyun’s shoulders.

 

“What!? Do you still think I’d believe you after what you did?”

 

“Oppa…” This time Yuri’s face turned pale.

 

Kyuhyun then felt something that’s starting to crawl on his neck. He grabbed it so he could take a look at it. In his surprise, it was a eight-legged creature whose legs are almost as long as his fingers. “Waaaaah! Aigoo aigoo aigoo…” he screamed as he brushed his neck and clothes repeatedly with his hands. He wasn’t contented with that. In his fright, he ran towards the nearest exit while taking of his jacket and his shirt.

 

Yuri went out after a while and Kyuhyun was there outside still brushing off his neck and arms. “Oppa! I never knew you’re afraid of spiders,” then she added, “and oppa, I never knew you are that fair though I think you have to work out a bit.” Kyuhyun then realized that he is topless. “Aish! Tactic number one: fail!” he thought disappointingly.

 

_____

 

“Oppa! Let’s ride the roller coaster. I haven’t ridden one in my entire life” Yuri excitedly invited. “Bwahahaha! Just in time for my second skinship strategy,” he thought and then he answered, “Araso! Can you handle it? Later, I don’t want you crying or backing out when we’re there already. That would ruin my image.”

 

After the long queue, it’s Kyuhyun and Yuri’s turn to ride in the roller coaster. Yuri was pulling him to the middle cart when he said, “Aish Yuriah! Let’s sit in front. They said it’s the best seats since you’ll see where the roller coaster is going which will make the ride more exciting!” he challenged. “Araso,” she meekly replied.

 

As the coaster is being pulled up backwards into a great height Yuri asked , “Oppa, when was the last time you rode a roller coaster?” “Back when I was in my early 20s, Super Junior loved going here during Christmas season. We would dare each other to ride here that’s why got used to the ride up to the point that it became boring for us,” he boasted. “I think she’s chickening out already,” Kyuhyun laughed again in his mind. To make Yuri less nervous, he suggested, “They say you should put your hands up so….” even before he finished what he wanted to say, the roller coaster started speeding and turning upside down. Yuri screamed her heart out. “Put your hands up!” Kyuhyun yelled. Yuri followed, so he did, too! But as soon as he lifted his arms, he put it down quickly to hold the safety bar. Kyuhyun’s stomach started turning over and so is his vision. Beads of sweat started falling down from his forehead. He closed his eyes tightly and kept on mumbling to himself, “Let this be over soon. Let this be over soon.”

 

The roller coaster finally stopped (to Kyuhyun’s relief). “Woooh! That was so much fun, Oppa!” as Yuri turned to Kyuhyun. To her surprise, he turned pale as a ghost and he was almost sitting at the base of the coaster, as if he melted. She helped him up while he was still in shock. “Oppa, I thought you said this is boring. What happened to you?” Yuri worried. After a few steps from, Kyuhyun held his mouth and ran as fast as he can towards the nearest trash bin. He put his head on the hole and started vomiting his breakfast. Yuri patted his back. He lifted his head and told himself, “This is not the kind of skinship I like. Tactic number 2: fail!”

 

_____

 

“Yuriah, would you like to ride the merry-go-round?” he asked. “Only me? Oppa, wouldn’t it be more romantic if it’s the two of us?” Yuri showed me her puppy eyes but I knew better. “Oppa is still dizzy of the roller coaster ride so you go ahead. Don’t worry what I’m thinking is more romantic that that!” he assured her and he gave him his killer winked. She pinched Kyuhyun’s cheeks and answered, “Araso. Oppa, you’re simply irresistible.” As Yuri walk towards the line, Kyuhyun smirked and said “She fell for my trap.”

 

Yuri looked so happy that it’s finally her turn to ride. Her pink winter outfit complimented the pink pony she rode. “She looks like a princess, a very pretty one,” Kyuhyun thought then the ponies started moving slowly into a circle. Kyuhyun followed the pony from the outside of the merry-go-round. “Yuriah!” he called then he put his hands over his head to make a heart sign. “Kyuhyunah Oppa!” Yuri shouted back then she gave him a flying kiss which he caught.

 

4 rounds… Kyuhyun is going, exchanging aegyos with Yuri. 8 rounds… still going… 12 rounds… he started to slow down already. He soon stopped and panted realizing he’s running out of breath. He held the railings that surround the merry-go-round to support his weight. “Aigoo… Aigoo.” By the 15thround, Kyuhyun was out of Yuri’s sight already.

 

When Yuri finished the ride he saw Kyuhyun still squatting with his hands on the railing. “Oppa, I was worried about you. I thought a fan girl kidnapped you already.” “Aniyo Yuriah. I think age is catching up.”

 

_____

 

After the dinner, the two rode the car. “I’m an epic fail,” Kyuhyun thought sadly. He sat quietly and far away from Yuri thinking about his failures. He then looks at Yuri, who’s sitting near the door with her head leaning on the window. He watched her in her slumber and he was very ecstatic about the fact that she sticks her tongue out when she sleeps. Kyuhyun brought out his mobile phone and took a picture of her. “I’m sorry, Yuriah but this is something worth blackmailing you for.”

 

The car passed by a hump which made Yuri bump her head on the window. Kyuhyun quickly hid his phone because he knows he’s dead if she finds out. “Aish!!!” Yuri grunted as she rubbed the side of her forehead. Kyuhyun took advantage of the sleepy and tired Yuri. He sat closer to her and put his arm around her shoulders. He had her head lean on his shoulder. “Ajusshi, drive slowly and try to take longer routes,” Kyuhyun commanded the driver in a soft voice. He then kissed Yuri’s forehead and said, “Yuriah, saeng-il chukahae.”

 

author's note: I'd like to thank my fan girl friend, nikko, for giving me ideas for this chapter. I really had difficulty doing this :) For those who subscribed and gave comments... thank you. much appreciated! You motivate me a lot!