Hot and Cold

Maid in Heaven

After 4 cycles of CPR, Yuri started to breathe though her eyes were still tightly shut. I touched her forehead and realized that she’s scorching hot. So I took off her sweater, dirty gloves and her boots to make her feel more comfortable.

 

Soon after that the doctor arrived. He checked her temperature, blood pressure, and breathing.

 

“What does this girl do?” he asked

 

“She’s a maid so she cleans all day long.” Kyuhyun answered.

 

“What does she eat?”

 

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen her eat ever since she worked here.”

 

“Then this must be over fatigue and malnutrition. There isn’t enough energy source to meet her the demands of her work. If her fever doesn’t come down in three days you need to take her to the ER to check for infection” the doctor suggested while writing down a prescription.

 

“Ok. Here are the meds and vitamins you need to buy for her. Just follow the instructions.”

 

“Araso. But what will I do with her aside from giving her meds?”

 

“Aigoo Kyuhyun! No wonder you don’t have a girlfriend yet. You don’t know how to take care of one. Of course make her feel warm if she’s chilling and make her feel cool if her fever is very high. Make sure her clothes are always dry because she might get complications.”

 

“Thanks a lot.” Kyuhyun said as the doctor leaves.

 

“Yah! Get well soon. I’ll try to be good when you wake up,” Kyuhyun promised.

_____

 

- Kyuhyun’s POV -

I took Yuri to my bed and wondered were to begin. I took a towel and a basin of cold water to bring her temperature down. Shoot! I have to take off her clothes. She’s  been sweating profusely since she was gardening.

 

“Yuriah! Don’t be angry. This is for your own good. Promise I will not peek” I smiled sheepishly.

 

I took the smallest shirt and PJs from my closet. I sat beside her and put my hands on her back (as if carrying a baby). I pulled her up into a sitting position with her body close to me and her head leaning on my shoulder. “This is it, Yuriah. So help  me God.” I closed my eyes and took of her shirt. “Aish! Now I’m the one who’s sweating. I’m so nervous about this.” My eyes are still shut as I reached for the shirt. I gently put the shirt on her head and her hands through the arm hole. “One down.”

 

I laid her down again in bed and closed my eyes again. I pulled her pants down and I reached out for the pajama. I put her cold feet through the hole and slid it up on her slim waist. The friction between my skin and hers gave me chills. I’ve never been close and intimate to anyone before.

 

After wiping her body with cold water, I grounded some paracetamol and slid it in followed by a few drops of water. “Yuriah, I’ll just leave you for a while. I’ll just buy your meds. I’ll come back as soon as I can.”

 

_____

 

- Kyuhyun’s POV –

 

I drove like I’ve never driven before. Usually I drive carefully because I’m scared of being involved in an accident again. When I came back, Yuri was chilling. I hurriedly cover her with comforterd. I also slipped some socks and gloves on her hands and feet to warm her but she’s still shaking badly. I held her hands and rubbed them on my face. “Yuriah, what should I do now?”

 

“Desperate times need desperate measures.” So I put myself under the thick layers of sheets that covered Yuri. I hugged her tightly and I said whispered to her “Please let this one work too.”