Kyuhyun Overload

Maid in Heaven

Yuri was face-to-face with this man “again.” She held the man’s smooth hands and looked deeply in his dark sincere eyes. He closed his eyes and moved his face closer and closer to her. Yuri cannot help but move her face closer to him too.

 

Yuri woke up from her sleep, panting. She had been dreaming of this man ever since she woke up from the accident. She doesn’t know who he is and what past they shared but even how much she wonders, she will never find out the answer because she’s too scared of the truth. “What matters is who I am now, who I am with now,” she shook her head and repeatedly mumbled the thought to herself.

 

As she dressed herself to jog, she recalled the weird man in her dreams whom she met outside the comfort room during the party for Yunho. She can neither remember how she froze at the sight of him nor can she explain how her heart thumped when he wrapped his arms around her and cry in front of her… “Kyuhyun” she whispered when she reached the bottom of her stairs. Saying Kyuhyun’s name made Yuri feel that there’s an empty space in her heart. “Aish! Yuriah! What are you thinking? You’re getting married soon not only to just any man but to Jung Yunho, how can you think and dream of someone else,” she annoyingly knocked her head with her knuckles to shake the thought off her head.      

 

Yuri headed to the kitchen and took ice cubes and fruits from the fridge. She dumped the berries and ice together in the blender and the T.V. to MTV K for some entertainment while waiting for her power shake. From the kitchen, she heard a familiar voice from the television.

“yeongwonhi idaero jamdeulgil baraedo yeojeonhi geunyeoro ggaeonado…”Though it was a sad song, it made Yuri feel relaxed… at home. She can’t even believe she hummed and sang to the song as if she knows it by heart. She smiled thinking that this maybe a part of her past, that her body at least remembered bits of it. “I must have really liked the song and the voice of the singer,” Yuri thought. She turned off the blender and poured her juice in a glass. She turned the tv's volume even louder and comfortably sat on the couch right in front of it. Yuri closed her eyes and sang on top of her lungs “uhje kkoomesuhchuruhm oneul nage wayo ijeneun honja  jamdeulji anke…” When she opened her eyes, she was astounded to see Kyuhyun’s sad face on the music video of In My Dreams.

 

Yuri suddenly pressed the remote control’s red button and let go off it as if it’s a carrier of a deadly disease. She gave a loud sigh and rolled her eyes, “This is not funny anymore.” Without touching her shake, Yuri her put her iPod Nano on her wrist and put on some loud dance music in preparation for her morning jog. She put on her rubber shoes and closed the door behind her. Yuri was already near the driveway when her peripheral vision caught something important lying on the swing. She jogged back to the porch and found the cardboard she and Yunho made the other night. Both of them have decided to hire someone who can help Yuri with the chores while the both of them attend to their appointments to different wedding suppliers. She took it and sat in front of her flowerbed. “Annyeong! Don’t worry. I’ll find someone to take care of you as well as the house while me and oppa is busy with the wedding preparations,” she talked to them like she always does when she waters the flowers. She hanged the cardboard on one of the fences and read the text aloud: WANTED: Part-time Maid.

 

Unlike her usual morning routine, Yuri can’t seem to relax and free her mind. “I have to get him off my head,” she thought. She forced herself to list down the things in her mind the things she still need to accomplish for her wedding which is just 6 months away. “We need to meet our videographer for the brainstorming for the pre-nuptial video. Oppa and I need to go to the wedding designer for our fitting. We need to choose our ring. We need to start sending out our invitations,” she panted as she enumerated the list that goes on and on.

 

After three 3 lapse in 30 minutes, Yuri headed back to her house. She was surprised to see her fence that has the ad missing on it. “Now, who’s the idiot who took out my wanted ad?” she raised her eye brow and her walk turned into angry stomps. She marched furiously towards the entrance door and was surprised to see a man sitting on her swing.

 

“Yah! What are you doing here? Are you a stalker or something? Didn’t I say I don’t know you? Now scram or I’ll call the police?” Yuri yelled.

 

“Chill. Where are your manners? Aren’t you supposed to say ‘good morning’ first,” Kyuhyun gave Yuri a childish smirk. “Are you upset about something? Are you mad because of this?” he teased as he waved the signboard that says 'WANTED: Part-time Maid' back and forth. Yuri stormed towards Kyuhyun and grabbed the signboard from him. “Go away!” she shouted as she repeatedly hit Kyuhyun’s arms with the signboard.

 

“Yah! Stop that! As if I’m stealing something from you! Have you lost your common sense together with your memories? Can’t you see, I’m applying to be your maid!” Kyuhyun yelled back.

 

Yuri was stunned with Kyuhyun’s remark. “Bwo!? After harassing me during the party and trespassing here, you still have the guts to apply for the job. Even if you’re famous or even if you’re the president, I wouldn’t have a criminal for a maid!”

 

“Even if it’s for free?” Kyuhyun offered.

 

“Ne,” Yuri rejected.

 

“Araso. If you don’t give me this job, I’ll just bother you every day of your life until you go nuts,” Kyuhyun warned as he started to walk away.

 

“Wait!” Yuri stopped Kyuhyun from taking another step and thought for a moment. “Araso. Work for me in the morning for free. In three conditions: first, you have to work for me in complete secrecy. Second: you’ll only work for me for free in the morning. Lastly: I don’t want to see you while you’re here. Be sure to work like a magical elf. You may start tomorrow,” She then stomped her way inside the house and locked the door behind her. Yuri leaned by the door and exhaled laboriously. Yuri put her hand on her heart and felt it was beating faster. “Am I feeling relieved or am I feeling guilty towards Yunho? Aish!” she gritted her teeth in confusion. She faced the door and lightly knocked her forehead on it. “Yuriah, what’s wrong with you today?”  

 

_____

 

- Kyuhyun’s POV -

 

“Araso. Work for me in the morning for free. In three conditions: first, you have to work for me in complete secrecy. Second: you’ll only work for me for free in the morning. Lastly: I don’t want to see you while you’re here. Be sure to work like a magical elf. You may start tomorrow.” Yuri said before she stormed her way inside her house. Rather than feeling sorry for my pride and my heart for being hired as a maid by Yuri, her conditions made me smile in hope and contentment. Fate has its own way of bringing us back. Yuriah, don’t you remember? Those are the same conditions I gave in the contract when we first met.