The Forgotten Truth

Maid in Heaven

For three months... Yuri was clueless why he had Kyuhyun worked for her for that long. She doesn’t know how he made her day just by hearing him sing while he cleans the car. She doesn’t know why glances from him made her heart jump in glee. She doesn’t know why not seeing him on some days made her feel lethargic as if she had already lost him for a lifetime. Today, Yuri decided, she will find out the answer.

 

Yuri locked herself in her bedroom and closed all the windows. She took out the DVD of Kyuhyun’s World Tour she brought from the record store the other day from her bedside drawer. She carefully laid the cover on her bed and inserted the disc in the player. She braced herself on the comfort of her couch, intending to see what Kyuhyun left her for. “If he really loved me, how come he never looked for me?” She watched and patiently waited song after song, wondering if what she’s doing will really resolve her questions.

 

_____

 

Kyuhyun's memory two years ago...

 

Kyuhyun was down with the last song for the entire tour. He was dead tired. Worse of all, He has been trying to look for Yuri but no one has come to him yet to tell him where she is. Kyuhyun got down from the riser. He waved to my fans and began his farewell.

 

“Gomawa. Unlike any other concert, I’d like to end mine differently. I wanted to conclude this tour by telling you a personal experience. Even before the world tour began, I met this girl whom I was totally annoyed with. I’m sure she feels the same way towards me. I hired her to pretend to be my girlfriend. I hired her make me famous and it worked perfectly as planned. Just as I was starting to get back on my feet again, I dumped her like rubbish. After that, I didn’t talk to her for a long time until a day come that a man came into her life and liked her so much. I felt my place in her was threatened and I felt so scared of losing her. I never thought I felt strongly for her and yet I didn’t say or show a thing. We fought about it and we ended up in a car accident. I was rescued but I am not sure if she was. This is my last chance of finding her. Yuriah, if you’re watching right now, don’t shut me off just yet. Please listen to me because I have been doing this for so many times already every time I end my tour in a foreign country. You know I don’t like repeating myself... Yuriah, saranghae.”

 

As the introduction of the song started playing, Kyuhyun and Yuri’s photos were flashed into the big screen, one after another, each shot becoming a part of a bigger picture.

“We used to love during the many days we were together
We used to hurt together- making each other’s pain our own

Where are you? Can’t you hear my voice?
My pained heart is looking for you
Is calling out to you- crazily

My heart, my tears, my memories of you
Drop by drop, they are falling against my chest
Though I cry and I cry, the memories won’t erase
And again today, I drench my empty heart

We used to like each other- you laughed at my smile
We used to cry together- you were pained by my tears

Where are you? Can’t you see my tired body?
My pained heart is looking for you
Is calling out to you – crazily

My heart, my tears, my memories of you
Drop by drop, they are falling against my chest
Though I cry and I cry, the memories won’t erase
And again today, I drench my empty heart

Please come back to me- I call out your name every night
And in my exhausted waiting, I wander around and look for you

My love, my tears, our memories
Drop by drop, they are falling against my chest
Though I cry and I cry, the memories won’t erase
And again today, I drench my empty heart.”

The last photo was shown and the collage changed its hue revealing a mosaic of Kyuhyun’s favourite photo of her. “Yuriah, let’s go home,” he broke down.

 

Credits: Memories by Super Junior