CH02 :: Fate Being Unfair

Snowy Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 02 :: Fate Being Unfair

 

 

 

ONE YEAR LATER

 

 

"Gyeoul-ah! I told you to help, not just sit right there and listen to music." Mom shouted from outside the house.


Today's the day where I'll be living alone. In one apartment. Noooo! I don't know how to cook, seriously. I asked mom why couldn't I just stay here at home and she always said it was too far from my colleg school.


I think my day would just end with me sighing. Gosh, why is this so.... Okay, so I'm on my first year of college! Yup, I'm not that excited though. 


"Gyeoul!" Mom shouted again. I started to feel mom is really getting annoyed. I have always been this stubborn.


So I went outside to carry out some boxes with my things in it. Clothes, picture frames. I put them inside the trunk of our car and made my way inside. But I stopped from walking when I was about to go inside. 


I'm staring at his window. Again. Never did I let a day pass without looking out through his window. Well, I already know he left, but without any source, I just felt that. I stopped from staring and just went inside the car.


My mom drove off and the atmosphere was so awkwardly quiet. I'm just here, listening to music on my phone, not even bother listening to what mom was saying.


"Hey! What's wrong with you? You keep on spacing out." She said, which made me just talk to her. Ugh. 


"I'm not spacing out." I said.


"Okay, okay. So what happened to that guy from last Christmas?" She asked. Great.


"I don't know. I don't know him, I don't know where he is right now, I don't know what he's doing, I don't know--" Mom cut me off.


"Okay, okay." Mom said laughing a bit. Good thing she cut me off. I seriously don't know what to say. 

 

From there, to when we reached my apartment, the trip was quiet. God, I want to shout. I don't really like it when it's so quiet. 


I got out of the car and helped mom bring out the box to my apartment. All the boxes are inside now, then mom asked me if I wanted to eat something. I said none and asked her to go home and rest. Just like that, she left but of course with saying goodbye and kissing my forehead. 


I'm all alone in my apartment. I seriously don't know what to do. Classes start until the next three days. I thought of inviting my cousins but I think they already started school too. I just thought of fixing my things, it was only 3 in the afternoon though. 


I fixed all my things. I didn't find it hard because there were already furnitures around. I started off from putting picture frames on the shelves to putting sheets on the couch and bed and all those stuff. 


I finished off at about 4:30. I still work so slow. I went upstairs to take a bath. Once I finished, I decided to go out for coffee. I don't know how to use the coffee maker though. 


*


The taxi dropped me in front of my favourite coffee shop. Good thing I could always go to this place. I went inside, there weren't that much people inside. Oh, I also brought my laptop with me, you know, free wifi connection. 


I went to a table and ordered a drink. I waited for my order, I tried not to bore myself by opening my laptop to play games and check my accounts. As I was typing, replying mails from my cousins, I felt someone behind me. 


Not a creeper, but I think that person is just going to sit behind be. Okay, never mind. 

 

:: LUHAN'S POV ::

 

I thought of going around the town for a while. It's been so long, but actually, it's only been a year. I missed Korea so much. 


I decided to go at a coffee shop just around the corner. I love this place. Me and my grandma already went here one time. I think it was Christmas that time. I grew up with my parents at China, but then I thought of visiting her. It's been years since I last saw her.


So I went inside the cafe and sat down. I swear a while ago there's only a few people, but how come it's almost full already? Either ways, I just searched for a vacant sit, luckily I saw one behind this girl. 


I walked to that table and grabbed the sit that was behind her. She didn't seem bothered although I kinda hit her from the back, she was just typing an e-mail? It's not my business, anyways. I just sat there and waited f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter