CH01 :: Snowy Wish

Snowy Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 01 :: Snowy Wish

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


:: GYEOUL'S POV ::

 

 

I woke up hearing the birds' chirping sounds. The wind blowing through my open window. Mom must have opened it. I'm awake, but still not moving or bother washing up. I'm so lazy. But at the same time I felt like going out. What's with me?


And so I decided to stand up, finally, and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Of course, I'm not going to take a bath this early, it's damn cold. For heaven's sake it's Christmas. And yeah, so excited, I'm going to meet my cousins for such a long time.


I went to get a towel and dried my face up. I put on a little bit of powder on my face and went downstairs, just to see my mom already preparing. Why this early? It's still 10:30 in the morning. Is there something special? 


I shook that thought off and just went to the kitchen where mom was and started distracting her while cooking, what I always do. I'm now beside mom. I saw the spaghetti pasta, but without sauce. I grabbed some with my bare hands, not caring if mom would get mad.


The truth is, she never gets. She knew how I loved spaghetti without sauce. Is that weird? Never mind. So, I keep on eating it without knowing mom was talking to me.


"Hey, are you listening?" She asked, but not in a cold manner.


"What? Huh?" I asked, confused.


"I said, go to the grocery store and buy more tomato sauce." She said. Me? Why me? It's so early. My brother's older, why not him? All he does is sleep.


"Mom, why me? It's so early. Do you want something bad to happen to your favorite princess?" I whined. Although I'm already at that right age to go anywhere by myself, I still think that way.


"God, Gyeoul. You're 17. I'm sure you know what to do." She said. I sighed, knowing there's nothing to change her mind when she always says those words. 


"Okay, okay. Money?" 

 

*

 

I'm now walking around the grocery store, wondering where the tomato sauce are. Ugh. I'm so not going to do the groceries, I swear. I don't even know how to pay at the cashier. Now, I'm all nervous. 

 

I kept on strolling my cart around, luckily, I found the tomato sauce. God, it was here all along. I knew I should've gotten in this station in the first place. I grabbed about 5 packs, since that was mom told me. 


I went to the cashier to pay for the tomato sauce. 


"That would be 15,000 won, ma'am." The cashier girl said. 


I nervously handed the money to her, and it was obvious, she saw how nervous I was. It's very rare for me to get nervous, since at school, I'm kinda a 'bad-' student. But yes, I still have good grades. It's just, at school, I don't really like the students there. That's all. 


I walked out of the grocery store and immediately felt the cold breeze. Aish. Why?! The coat I was wearing wasn't thick enough. I better go home, I'm so tired. Yes, just about 30 minutes in the grocery store, makes me freakin tired. 


*

 

"That was fast." Mom said, exactly when I opened the door. 


"Yes, it was. It was freakin cold." I said still cold.


"That's not what I said." I mentally face palmed. Mom didn't catch up on my sarcasm. I just handed her the tomato sauce and went upstairs to my room. 


Why am I so cold, I mean that manner way, in this time of the year? It's Christmas, for godsake. Okay, I'm still not het done wrapping gifts for my cousins. Ugh. Why do I have to do this? Can't we just give them money instead? 


I rolled to the other side of my bed and grabbed the last one gift that was still not rapped. It was for my baby cousin. She was born just 2 months ago. My gift is a bunch of cutesy baby clothes. 


Oh my god. Will I have a baby girl? Or a baby boy. Whether I hate talking about this, I'm kind of excited to have a baby. But of course, I just wish you don't have to do it with a guy. I just wish that it would just suddenly pop out from somewhere. Weird and impossible right? 


I rapped the clothes carefully and put it back on the table once I was finish. I'm so excited. I just wish time would fly by and make it dinner time already. I miss my cousins so much.


I may be a bit of a cold person, but I have a soft side. Everybody has right? 


I decided to take a short nap again. It's only 11:30 in the morning. Well, I'm not sure. When I plan to take a short nap, I end up sleeping for like 3-4 hours. Guess I won't be eating lunch today. 


*

 

I woke up, woah. It's already 3:30 in the afternoon. See? Told you. I decided to go down and help my mom prepare for the dinner tonight. You know, like set the table. Decorate the Christmas tree and stuff. 


I saw my mom already decorating. The walls, the Christmas tree. I offered to help her but she said it was okay. Either ways, I still helped. 


As me and mom finished decorating, it was already Quarter to 5. Did we really take that long? And oh, the Christmas tree still wasn't decorated. Great. Now, where the hell is my brother? 


And for those of you who're wondering where my dad is, he's already up there. You know where. He died 5 years ago, due to Stage 3 cancer. I'm not gonna continue, it . I don't want to tear up again. 


I started decorating the Christmas tree, and when I finished, it was already 5:30. God. I take my wish back for saying I wished time would fly by so quickly. I still have to get ready. My cousins are so high-classed, they hated it when I only wear skinny jeans. But I still love those crazy gals. Yup, they're all girls. I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter