Lessons

PocaGuri Tales_The Jung Family

Yoomi shivered as she and Joon Young stepped out into the cold, dark street outside the studio. She crossed her arms in front of her to ward off the cold and looked about for the manager’s car but Joon Young grabbed her hand and pulled her along the alley towards the side street before she could find it.

“Where are we going?” Yoomi asked him as he put their hands in his pocket, “Shouldn't we hurry back to Georgie? I'm worried we've imposed on brother-in-law too much” she told him.

“I checked with him a few hours ago, he said Georgie and his cousins fell asleep after playing all day at the water park. He also mentioned something about him and noona borrowing our video camera” Joon Young told her, “They're obviously fine”.

“Okay, but where are we going?” Yoomi asked again.

“Dinner, I know a good place,” Joon Young told her mysteriously, “it’s quiet at night and we can go by ourselves. People won’t bother us there” he told her.

Yoomi stared at him with raised eyebrows, “You planned a date for me?” she asked with a sweet smile.

“Stop imagining whatever your imagining, it’s just food, nothing fancy” Joon Young told her, recognizing her overexcited expression filled with expectation, “Since we didn’t get to eat properly while I was working” he explained simply.

“Oh” Yoomi nodded still smiling, “Where is it? Is it far? My husband is so cool in these moments” she told him still full of aegyo.

Joon Young didn’t answer her and just kept walking knowing there would be no way to stop her from fantasizing romantic events.

“I love this album's songs best” Yoomi told him as they walked.

“They should be the best,” Joon Young said quietly, “it took so much longer to produce this one”

“Your fans are going to be really happy to see you back on the stage again singing instead of just on the weekend varieties” Yoomi said reassuringly.

“Who knows, they may of forgotten I'm a singer, I took so long making this one” Joon Young said his sincere thoughts surfacing since his guard was down with her.

“Aniya, it's going to be worth it,” Yoomi told him, looking him in the eyes, and giving him strength quietly “I just wish I could be there to see you” Yoomi said a little sad, holding onto his arm.

They walked a few blocks more before coming to a foreign style bar.

Joon Young smiled seeing it and turned to her pulling their hands from his pocket, “Wait for me in there” he instructed letting go, “I’m going to get something, I’ll be right back. Have a drink while I go get it” he told her.

Yoomi looked at the relatively quiet bar in the middle of the unusually quiet street, “Here?” she said confused, “Aniya, I’ll go with you” she insisted.

“Aniya, that will ruin the surprise” Joon Young said with a mischievous smile.

Yoomi recognized it well, “What are you planning?” she asked suspicious.

“Buin, just follow along” Joon Young said firmly, pushing her towards the bar door.

Yoomi looked back at him and then at the door, “Chincha…Hurry” she told him before going in.

The inside was mostly deserted, the style of the place somewhat intimidating, with an attitude of carelessness that reminded her of her husband. Despite her wariness towards the place, Yoomi walked straight up to the bar confidently and ordered like she was a regular.

She sat on a stool, far away from the two or three other people in the back and on the other side of the room; although no one seemed to notice her, she tried to keep her head down. She sipped her drink quietly wondering what her husband was up to and watching the door.

“Is this seat free?” a man said in Japanese, coming up behind her all of a sudden.

Yoomi was careful to hide her face, and turned away from the stranger as she nodded, wishing her husband would hurry.

She heard him call for the bartender but kept her eyes fixed on the door, “Are you alone miss? Would you like me buy you a drink?” he asked, making Yoomi uncomfortable as she continued to ignore him.

“I'm sorry, I don't speak Japanese” she said in Chinese to avoid further conversation with the stranger, but to her surprise she heard him reply to her in mandarin.

“Ah, you're Chinese?” he said in a somewhat teasing tone, “would you like a drink, pretty miss?” he repeated in mandarin.

“I'm married” she said plainly, still refusing to look at the forward man, “I'm waiting for my husband”

“Ah” he said, “Is your husband a very cool, handsome man?” he asked.

Yoomi frowned, thinking the question was somewhat odd and finally turned to see Joon Young smiling at her, his eyes twinkling playfully.

“Is he as handsome as me?” he continued in Chinese before she could say anything.

“What is wrong with you?” Yoomi said normally, hitting him lightly on the forearm, but relieved to see him.

“Omo, miss you're somewhat aggressive, we barely know each other, please try to control your excitement,” Joon Young said smiling at her, “You speak Korean too? It's a shame you've forgotten your Japanese” Joon Young , “But tell me more about this handsome husband of yours?”

“I never said he was handsome” Yoomi teased back.

“Pff” Joon Young slipped at the comment, then carried on leaning towards her again and speaking in a quiet tone, “Then maybe I can steal you away?”

Yoomi smiled coyly at this and turned back to her drink coolly, “You sure seem full of confidence, but who's to say you're good enough to steal me away?”

“I have many talents” Joon Young told her leaning even closer and raising his eyebrows suggestively.

Yoomi laughed at his expression then thought of something, “Wait, was this something you use to do before to pick up girls?”

“Oh” Joon Young said falling out of character, flustered.

Yoomi looked around, her eyes narrowing suddenly, “Was this a common place you brought girls to before?” she asked leaning back away from him, “how long have you known this place?” she interrogated him, suddenly jealous as she imagined him bringing women there.

Joon Young laughed nervously, standing off the stool and shaking his head, “Aniya, that's not-”

“Pff” Yoomi said, “You'd flirt with them and buy them drinks, then what?” Yoomi said working herself up.

“Aniya, buin, aniya” Joon Young said looking her in the eye calmly,“Jun ha told me about this place this morning, I've never been here before” Joon Young confessed quickly Yoomi still looking at him with suspicion, “I tell you it's a misunderstanding, I haven't even been to Tokyo without you in years. And what women? Aren't you my first love?” he tried slowly bringing her back.

“Pff” Yoomi pouted, looking away from him.

“If your husband is not even that handsome why react like this? Who could he pick up like that?” he , putting one arm around her shoulders and massaging the tension in her arms.

Yoomi smiled a little, actually comforted easily by his touch and starting to feel embarrassed by her emotional outburst, “True”

Feeling her relax again, Joon Young settled back into the stool next to her and continued teasing,“I guess to you he must be very handsome”

Yoomi smirked and leaned in until she was only inches away from him, face to face, “He is not that good at picking up women though, so I guess I have nothing to worry about” she back laughing a little again.

Joon Young laughed too, “Between the two of us, how did we get a son then?”

“Maybe you're right, maybe I seduced you” Yoomi said making Joon Young smile as she fell into his trap.

“Is that so? Let's confirm this” he said pulling her off the stool and placing her a few feet away, “Cue, take 2” he said walking back to his seat, “Action” he said.

Yoomi only laughed at him as he acted cool drinking from his glass as if she wasn't there. She stayed where she was for a moment, trying to decide whether or not to play along with him. The silence forced Joon Young to say action again, and Yoomi made up her mind. She walked up to him and brushed by his side with her body slightly to sit on the stool again.

“Pardon me mister” she said in Japanese.

“Sorry I don't understand Japanese” he said in Chinese drinking handsomely and staring straight ahead. Yoomi wanted to laugh at his expression playing hard to get but kept going in character.

Yoomi thought of her next move and stepped off the stool on his side again. She grabbed his hand to pull him off facing her, the two of them standing inches from each other. She looked up at him her hands playing with his fingers, “Should we communicate through body language then?” she said in Japanese smiling flirtatiously.

Joon Young looked at her for a long minute keeping a straight face, then stepped to the side, forcing her back against the bar. He placed both his hands on the bar on either side of her body and leaned in towards her.

Yoomi's eyes grew big and she stood still waiting for him to kiss her, but he just kept staring at her quietly, “What does that mean?” he asked confused by her Japanese, “Body what?” he asked trying to repeat the new word, “And why are you just holding my hand?” he asked lifting it, “You call this seducing buin?” he said teasing her again. He reached for the drink behind her, hiding a smile, before standing normally again and finishing the drink off as if frustrated with her.

Yoomi laughed shaking her head embarrassed again.

“Aren't you an actress? How are we going to send our kid to Georgetown with this lack of commitment?” Joon Young reproached playfully, “Ah, chincha, it's a good thing I was testing you. Maybe you've gotten rusty” Joon Young said shaking his head dramatically, “Let's go again. You have to do well buin, if you can't seduce your husband what hope is there for them giving you another good role?”

Yoomi felt her competitiveness flare up. She grabbed his coat collar and pulled him down close to her, Joon Young grabbing a hold of the bar again for balance, “Shh” she whispered one finger on his lips, “Stay still” she said in a low sultry voice.

Joon Young stood still obediently, watching her as she slowly crept her hands up around his neck, her lips inching closer to his slowly.

Before they touched though, Joon Young spoke again in a soulless tone, “Is this how you use to pick up men before?”

Yoomi let go, pushing his chest when he laughed at her, a dry laugh of her own echoing his but out of frustration.

“How long have you known this place?” Joon Young continued teasing, “So did you just grab them by the collar and kiss them at the bar, like this?” he asked.

Yoomi gave him a look, “Annoying”, she said pushing him back away from her, “Why is there no reaction when I'm seducing?” she reproached.

Joon Young laughed, “We're in a public place buin” he reminded her, “And it's more fun if I don't react, this way I motivate you to work harder” he with a devilish grin, “Fighting buin” he said finishing off with aegyo.

Yoomi laughed in spite of herself, knowing she could never win against him like this.

“There is hope for you yet buin, don't worry, I'll give you lessons when we get back to our room, maybe with some practice we can get you ready for another movie” Joon Young said giving her a quick kiss, “But let's eat first so you gather strength” he told her.

Yoomi simply rolled her eyes laughing at him while he placed some yen on the bar and grabbed her hand again pulling her along with him. They stepped out of the bar together and into the street, walking back along it towards a nearby noddle place.

“Wait a second, didn't you say you were going to get something? Where is it?” Yoomi asked him curiously.

“Oh” Joon Young remembered, “I was just buying time so that I could enter through the other entrance of the bar and surprise you” he said, “I already had this in my pocket” he said pulling out a small box.

“Since you'll be back in Korea by then, happy early anniversary buin” he said.

Yoomi looked at the small box touched, “Thank you” she said smiling, “Ah, I don't have yours with me” she said wishing she'd known to bring it.

“It's okay” he told her, “Open it”

Yoomi unwrapped the box, excited, then blinked as soon as she saw what was inside.

“It’s funny we’ve been talking about Paris lately” Joon Young told her smiling at her expression, “Remember that?”

Yoomi looked up at him laughing.