Missing You

PocaGuri Tales_The Jung Family

Although Georgie felt happy playing with his cousins, when he found out his parents had to leave first to the studio he couldn’t help getting a little sad.

Jun ha noticed him get quiet and went to put his feet back in the pool next to Georgie on the ledge.

“You’re all grown up Georgie, how old are you now, 15? 21?” he .

“I’m about to be seven” Georgie replied smiling a little at his silly uncle.

“Seven, wow,” Jun ha repeated looking out at the water, “That makes your parents really old”

“Not old, uncle, Classic,” Georgie corrected automatically.

Jun ha smiled hearing him, “Classic, right” he nodded, “Are you excited about your Appa’s comeback?”

Georgie nodded, “Seeing appa on stage is cool…although I miss him sometimes when he’s working” he confessed quietly playing with the water.

Jun ha nodded as his wife, who was in ear shot, came towards them in the pool leaning against the edge next to Georgie, “When do you miss him most?” she asked.

Georgie thought for a second, “When omma cooks” he replied making the two adults laugh, “Everything is healthy food” Georgie said with a face, “…Until she starts missing appa and then she orders jajangmyeon” he told them.

Jun ha laughed again at this while Mong Kim smiled, “How do you know she misses him?”

“She usually orders jjamppong, but when appa’s not there to order jajangmyeon, she eats jajangmyeon. She sleeps in his favorite rock T-shirt, she practices her guitar, she orders a lot of things that have to be put together, she stares at her phone a lot” Georgie said thinking about the different signals, “and she listens to appa’s songs at night”

Jun ha and Mong kim considered this for a moment and Georgie continued, “She’s not as weird as when appa misses her though”

Jun ha looked at Georgie amused, “What does Andrew do?”

“He teases me and nags me a lot” Georgie told them, “He assembles all the things she ordered when he was gone that piled up in omma’s closet, while talking to his tools.” Georgie told him remembering his appa with the screwdriver, “He starts cooking a lot of food for his blog too, he stares at his phone, and he plays his guitar”

Jun ha nodded, “He writes a lot of songs when she’s away” he agreed.

Georgie’s aunt smiled imagining it, “Those two are cute” she said combing back Georgie’s hair, “What happens when they’re together again after a long time?” she asked him curiously.

“They say mean things to each other” Georgie said surprising them.

“They’ll say they didn’t miss each other, and they wished their work would of taken longer.” Georgie told them remembering the weird reaction, “And they keep ending everything with ujuju, ujuju” he said making a face.

Jun ha and Mong Kim looked at each other, smiling over his head at this.

“They sit really close to each other at dinner, appa goes back to normal and teases omma, omma smiles and laughs a lot, and then they send me to sleep early” Georgie finished letting his head fall back towards the water and floating.

Mong Kim and Jun ha watched him, wondering how he saw so much of what his parents were feeling.

“What do you do when you miss them Georgie?” his uncle asked him.

Georgie thought for a second, “I watch our family videos”

 
*Flashback*
 

Yoomi smiled big as she filmed her beautiful baby boy in Joon Young’s arms, “So we just got back from halmoni’s house, she has been helping us take care of you while omma got better,” she narrated, “and now we are back home. Say hi to the camera Georgie-“

“Say his full name” Joon Young urged.

“Smile at the camera Jung George” Yoomi started again.

“Aniya, his full name” Joon Young said.

Yoomi laughed rolling her eyes behind the camera, “Say hi George Roy Andrew Mercutio Cheng”

Joon Young lifted the baby up more on one arm and fiddled with Georgie’s tiny hand. Yoomi watched him for a second, “What are you doing?” she asked.

He lifted the baby’s hand, now forming a rock sign, so it could be seen on camera, “I’m teaching him how to say hello” he said grinning at the camera while Yoomi laughed in the background.

The camera took a tour of the house going towards the Georgie's room, “This is your room Georgie, omma and appa painted it ourselves” she said proudly.

“She wanted to paint it bright yellow” Joon Young said making a face at the camera.

“Your appa wanted black and gray” Yoomi chimmed in, “Black, for a baby's room” she said her voice still filled with wonder at the absurdity.

“It's an elegant color” Joon Young said, “Way better than yellow, would he be able to sleep with yello-”

“We settled on dark green” Yoomi interrupted not wanting to go back to the argument the two had had for months before, “This is your crib” Yoomi continued, showcasing the fine wood crib with the baby mobile of instruments hanging over it, “Your omma and appa put it together too and this is your first present from you appa”  she said focusing on the red guitar next to the changing table with a smile.

“This is omma's first present” Joon Young said, picking up a pair of baby running shoes on from the changing table, “It's clear who loves you more right Georgie” he teased.

Yoomi took the shoes away from him, “Your omma bought a baby gift, we had agreed on a baby gift” Yoomi reproached him again.

“It's a small guitar, he's my kid, it's probable he'll start playing it before he can use your shoes” Joon Young bluffed, “And how many newborns have you seen running marathons lately?” he returned.

“He's my kid too, he might” Yoomi said laughing sheepishly as she focused the camera on her nampeon and her son again.

“Omo,” Yoomi said behind the camera, “Guri, you’re going towards panda right now” Yoomi said zooming in on the eyebags teasingly.

“This,” Guri pointed as she zoomed out, “is from a parent that actually gets up at night to get you Georgie” he said looking at Yoomi with a pointed look.

“We took turns, whoever heard you first” Yoomi clarified, speaking up behind the camera.

“Pff” Joon Young snorted with an incredulous look, “Your omma pushed me out of the bed every time I 'heard you first' ” he said. Yoomi giggled guilty, zooming in on his eyebags again.

Guri’s eyes got a familiar evil twinkle as she zoomed out, “Should we do a self-cam so Georgie sees how omma looks?” he teased trying to get the camera.

The image blurred as the two wrestled a little with the camera, Yoomi yelling, “Aniya, aniya, don’t do it” and Guri simply laughed, shaking the view one last time before letting go.

Yoomi shot him a reproachful look as she straightened the camera again in time to capture Georgie’s big eyes quietly focused on observing his two new 4D parents.

Guri smiled at Yoomi next to Georgie in the shot and teased, “Ommas are supposed to be the prettiest to their sons when they’re little, shouldn't we confirm it?”

“You can confirm it for him” Yoomi urged him.

“She looks like a beauty pagent queen right now” Guri said into the camera, his eyes twinkling when Yoomi smiled, right before he turned to Georgie in his arms, “ujuju, ujuju” he cooed to him chuckling. Yoomi laughed too, giving up.

“You, however,” Joon Young addressed George lifting him higher again in his arms, “looked like an alien when you came out Georgie, you were so purple I thought you were wearing one of your omma’s paks” Joon Young told him with Yoomi laughing again in the background.

Baby Georgie pulled at his shirt, a tiny fist on his appa's chest, “Look at this, already reacts just like his omma” he joked, and Yoomi smiled zooming in on the closed fist and reproachful stare from Georgie.

“That’s right Georgie, we’re not going to take his teasing laying down” Yoomi chimed in in the background.

“How are you so sure he’s gonna be on your side?” Guri challenged.

“Because your omma thinks you’re the most beautiful baby she’s ever seen” Yoomi cooed with aegyo, making faces at Georgie behind the camera who in turn smiled adoringly at her.

“That's because he looks like me” Joon Young told her.

“Aniya, aniya...he looks like me too” Yoomi said looking hard.

Joon Young shook his head looking at Georgie, “His eyes, his nose, it's all like me, are you sure he's you're kid too? I don't see it.” he .

Yoomi pouted, “Pff, he's a sweet baby, that's like me” she said glaring.

Joon Young laughed, “Indeed, sweet words from your loving omma and my wife” he told Georgie.

“His hair color! that's like me” Yoomi claimed making Joon Young laugh harder.

“Mm, is that so” he said calming down, “I see now, with that hair he looks just like you” he said acting amazed.

“It doesn't matter who he looks like, he's unique, he looks like Georgie” Yoomi continued, “And we are going to record all the big moments in the story of Georgie”

“Is that so?” Joon Young said thinking for a moment then smiling, “Alright” he said walking Georgie towards his crib in the corner and putting him down.

“What are you doing?” Yoomi said following him. Joon Young turned with a flirty smile, “Well, if we're going to document his story shouldn't we start from how he was created?” he told her giving her a kiss behind the camera. The video cut off with Georgie kicking in his crib looking up at his mobile and the echo of Yoomi's laugh.