Family Fun

PocaGuri Tales_The Jung Family

"Hana, dul, set" Georgie said holding up the camera in different angles as he and his omma took selfies with the multishot. As the last flash sounded, Georgie brought the phone down to look at the pictures and noticed his appa's face in the background.

"Daddy doesn't look so good Omma", Georgie said looking up from the phone and turning toward his appa who sat still as a ghost in his seat as their airplane lifted up in the air roughly.

Yoomi giggled looking at the pictures, "He'll be fine as long as I hold his hand" she said winking at Georgie as she reached for her husband's hand.


Georgie continued to worry seeing his appa's face almost the same color green as when his omma put the smelly masks on his face at home, "Should I hold his hand too omma?" he asked innocently, "Does he need vitamins?"

Yoomi raised her eyebrows nodding and smiling encouragingly at this last conclusion, and Joon Young snapped out of his thoughts quickly, "Ani, ani, there will be no health concept on this trip" Joon Young said shaking his head seriously.

Yoomi ignored this and with aegyo, "But your son wants his appa healthy before his comeback, maybe a short visit to the goya farm would be go-"

Joon Young looked at her immediately in alarm and suspicion, "What are you planning?"

"Me?" Yoomi said innocently, "I just want a nice family vacation before you start your activities-"

"Define nice family vacation" Joon Young insisted his eyes narrowing in distrust, "Goya is not a fun family activity. I happen to love my kid, I won't let him suffer that"

Yoomi shook her head calmly, "You don't want our boy healthy? Goya has so many nutrients that are good for-"

"Ani, ani, he can have oranges instead" Guri interrupted, "No goya, no running, no 'relaxing activities'-"

"Are we adding those to the family rules appa?" Georgie interrupted, "What's goya?"

Yoomi laughed rubbing her husband's shoulder comfortingly with her left hand, Guri still holding on to the right one. Joon Young just shook his head still grimacing at the memory in his head. "Don't worry Georgie, I brought vitamin packs so we won't need to stop by the farm, I'll just buy some at the market if we need it later" Yoomi told Georgie, turning her attention back towards him and reaching to smooth his hair down.

Georgie leaned back away from his omma’s fussing hand, “Aniya, omma, aniya” he said shaking his head, his big eyes serious, “It’s not supposed to be neat, it has Edge” he informed her.

This statement finally relaxed Joon Young who laughed at the mortified Yoomi, “It's Rock” he with a smug expression on his face as he looked over his son with pride.

Yoomi sent him a warning glance then turned back to Georgie, “The Edge is supposed to be added after Georgie, you comb your hair first then make it look tousled acting like you didn’t do anything” Yoomi tried to persuade him.

“Rockers don’t act, omma, it’s all real” Georgie insisted and Joon Young started cackling again. After a second Yoomi couldn’t help joining him.

Two hours later, the three of them walked through the Tokyo airport cheerfully. The usual hub of cameras documented the cool fashion Joon Young and Yoomi were known for in airports. The pictures revealed Joon Young’s handsome face still small but now accompanied by a healthier build as a married man. Tall and chic in his characteristic black carefree outfit, he paid no attention to them and kept an eye on Georgie instead who walked in front of them and the bags.

Yoomi walked next to him beautiful and fit as ever. The flowing white shirt and dark skinny jeans she wore seemed tame enough, except that the shirt had a see-though cut of half of her back and she paired the jeans with dark red ankle boots. She left her auburn hair loose and straight, how her husband usually liked it. She had little jewelery except for her wedding ring, a few rock bracelets, black and red, on her wrists and a long, silver chained necklace holding a steel colored guitar pick around her neck. She also had her eyes focused on Georgie.

Seeing such a mix of his parents' good looks, coupled with his mom's poise and his dad's charisma, the people at the airport soon had their eyes fixed on Georgie as well. He was cute all over, with his "Lets Rock" gray t-shirt and carrying his violin case on his back. He walked cheerfully, close by his parents unaffected by the noise or the flashing lights behind the sunglasses his appa had given him on the plane. The three of them made their way through the airport until they met the company car in front.

Once inside, Georgie bounced on his seat looking out the window, as he had the entire plane ride, in barely contained excitement. "Are we going straight to the fest-" he started to ask before seeing Yoomi urgently put one finger over .

"The anime festival doesn't start until the day after tomorrow" Joon Young replied looking out the window, not even noticing their attempt to cover up their "surprise" for him.

Yoomi's face fell getting caught and Georgie looked up at her guilty and apologetic. Joon Young smiled.

"I knew before we came" Joon Young told them turning to look at their identical big eyes full of surprise, "Neither of you are good at surprises, I've told you to stop trying" Joon Young shrugged coolly.

"How did you know?" Yoomi asked wondering how he'd caught them, "I haven't even bought the costumes yet so you wouldn't see me pack them"

"But you bought the tickets for the festival, the charge went to my phone buin" Joon Young explained smiling at her chagrin, "Don't worry about the costumes, I have some ideas already" he said grinning.

"No way," Yoomi said seeing that grin and placing her hands over her son's ears, "I'm a mother Guri, your ideas of costumes for me are not appropriate for Georgie" she told him.

Joon Young laughed at this. "We'll just get one for you to wear at the festival and another one for home" Guri replied calmly lifting his eyebrows at her and giving her a mischievous smile. Yoomi shook her head hiding a smile as Georgie escaped from her grip.

"I want to be Kazuki from Corda d'Oro" Georgie told them wondering what they'd decided about the costumes.

"We will look for the costumes tomorrow", Yoomi told him, "Right now we have to check-in and freshen up before meeting your Uncle Pedro, your aunt, and your cousins" she said.

"Okay" Georgie said smiling, "Uncle Pedro promised to take us to the Electronic Town last time"

Yoomi made a face at her son's announcement,"Two game limit for both of you, and you can't buy them until the last day" Yoomi told them, "Last time we came you stayed up all night playing with your cousins and then couldn't keep your eyes open at the temple we visited the next day" Yoomi reminded him.

"That wasn't why he was falling asleep at the temple" Joon Young .

Yoomi tried not to laugh remembering the two's expressions after a few hours at the temple. "Your son needs culture too" she said.

"He traveled this whole summer with my parents, he knows Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and English better than I do" Joon Young argued.

"Uncle Pedro said he'd buy me lots of games too, it'd be rude to refuse them Omma" Georgie said also teaming up against her.

Yoomi looked from one to the other then covered Georgie's ears again, "Two against one isn't fair, and you're suppose to be on my side" she reproached Guri.

Joon Young smiled mischievously again, "If Georgie gets more time to play with his cousins, I get more time to go out and play with my wife" he said lifting his eyebrows suggestively.

Yoomi thought this over for a second her lips twitching then released Georgie, "Since we're on vacation, we'll just waive the rule, just this once" she told Georgie smiling at her nampeon.

Joon Young laughed as Georgie cheered her decision.