Faith in Us

PocaGuri Tales_The Jung Family

*flashback*

Yoomi finished fixing her hair with a final brush and turned to see Guri still fast asleep on the bed. She shook her head at her new kid husband, then smiled thinking of a way to wake him up. She put the brush down and ran towards the bed jumping on it as she reached it.

In the end the bed was too firm for her weight to make much of an impact, so after one last jump she got down and crawled over towards him whispering in his ear, “Wake up Guri”

Through all the noise of her jumping and the movement, her husband remained dead asleep and unresponsive. Yoomi sat back thinking for a minute of how to wake him before she smiled again. She kissed two of her fingers and put them to his cheek waiting to see if he’d react. He moved away from her fingers, stirring a bit, but still trying to hide away from the task of opening her eyes. Use to the behavior, Yoomi shook him cutely, blowing in his ear, and messing up his hair.

Guri, also use to these methods in some part of his unconscious mind, grabbed at her hands trying to disable her.

“Omo” Yoomi said surprised to have him fighting her so quickly. She tried avoiding him, but somehow he knew her well even with his eyes closed. Within a few seconds he managed to pin her effectively.

Yoomi struggled under his control, “Nampeon, wake up, we’re on our honeymoon we need to enjoy the day”.

Guri stirred again, his eyes still closed, “Honeymoon is about the nights, lets sleep now and enjoy later” he mumbled.

“Wake up” she begged, “I’m hungry, let’s go find breakfast, hurry”

She struggled again to no avail, only managing to pull herself back towards the edge of the bed. Thinking for a minute she changed her strategy and pulled him with her, hoping the fall would wake him. Somehow Joon Young sensed the danger however, and let go in time to send her falling by herself.

“Ow” Yoomi said, hitting the carpet with a thud.

Joon Young’s eyes finally squinted open hearing the fall, he looked down to see her in a mess of sheets glaring at him.

He scrunched his face grimacing silently but obediently stopped trying to go back to sleep with that look. “Are you okay? What time is it?”

“It already 8:30 here” Yoomi reproached him.

Joon Young moaned, “Omma” he muttered rubbing his closed eyes with one hand, “It’s too early” he whined.

“Aniya” she said rubbing his arm tucked under his head at the edge of the bed, “There’s still so many things we can do here, we have to make the most of it. We also have to take pictures and get gifts”

Joon Young frowned opening his eyes slowly like a kid and looking at her with suspicion, “Did you make a list again?” he asked.

Yoomi laughed shaking her head, “Aniya, no list, I promise. I just want to walk around today without a plan and have fun wherever we end up” she told him smiling excited.

“This woman wouldn't let me sleep last night and now she doesn't let me sleep in the morning”, Joon Young muttered sitting up, “She wonders why my dark circles won't fade”.

Yoomi laughed, “Poor nampeon, was it just me not letting you sleep last night?” She said looking at him amused,“Is that right? But somehow I got some sleep and I don't remember you complaining yesterday” she teased.

“I didn't have anything to complain about until you fell asleep and started snoring”

Yoomi hit him lightly with a pillow, making Joon Young laugh, “I don't snore” Yoomi denied.

Joon Young gave her a look, “Do they let elephants loose at night in Paris then?” he said ducking the second hit with the pillow,  “They called us from the front desk, they said you were disturbing other guests” he continued teasing her.

Yoomi got on the bed and went at him. He caught the pillow in her hand, trying to pull it away from her, but she held on trying to take it back.

While they struggled Yoomi managed to grab another pillow and threw it in his direction with one hand. Joon Young ducked again and it hit the lamp on the bedside table sending it crashing towards the floor. At the same time there was a rip beneath their hands and feathers flew everywhere.

Yoomi looked from the broken lamp to the feathers and the sheets with a guilty look while Joon Young simply cackled on the bed.

“Making noise, jumping on the bed, trashing hotel rooms, is that what you were taught at home Buin?” Guri shaking his head with mock disappointment, “You told me you were raised well, and now that we're married all the bad habits come out” he said.

Yoomi laughed in spite of herself,  “I married you didn't I? This is rock” she told him making him laugh gleefully.

“Should we break the other lamp too then?” he joked lifting another pillow, but Yoomi shook her head immediately putting her hand out to stop him.

While Joon Young showered and got ready Yoomi tried to pick up the feathers and mess around the room. Joon Young laughed when he saw her trying to collect the feathers, her hair still holding onto some stray ones.

“You don't understand Paris buin” Joon Young told her, taking the pillow away and throwing casually back on the bed much to her protest, “we are on our honeymoon, if we didn't mess up the room somehow, they'd think we didn't have a happy one. Leave it, lets go” he told her pulling her towards the door.

Because they were hungry they decided to eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant over looking for another place. Yoomi didn't expect to see many people since it was so late but they found it crawling with couples.

“See, we woke up too early, the full crowd isn't even here yet” Joon Young told her, “In Paris people have busy night lives, buin, this city eats more brunch than breakfast” he told her casually.

“How do you know the nightlife so well?” she said raising one eyebrow.

Joon Young laughed at her cute suspicion, “I lived in France buin, remember? I was a kid, but I still remember the rules”

Yoomi nodded and suddenly took a greater interest in her menu under Joon Young's amused glance. They gave the waiter their order and within minutes he returned with crepes, waffles, eggs, and fruit. They ate happily until Yoomi noticed all the other couples feeding each other across the small tables.

She speared some fruit and held it up to Joon Young too. Joon Young was confused at first then noticed the couples too and hid a smile, taking the food without comment.

Yoomi feed him a couple more times hoping he'd get the hint but Joon Young just kept eating without comment. Finally she dropped her fork on her plate and opened waiting. Joon Young kept eating with an innocent expression on his face for a minute until Yoomi glared at him and he obediently cut a huge piece of waffle for her, amused.

“Buin, ah” he said putting the whole piece in , Yoomi blinked and got busy trying to chew it. Before she could finish though he had a chunk of fruit and followed that with a big spoonful of egg.

Annoyed Yoomi grabbed a couple grapes to throw at him, the first meeting it's target and the second catching the returning waiter by surprise. Joon Young laughed so hard, he started coughing on the food in his mouth while Yoomi swallowed roughly and apologized profusely.

As soon as the waiter left their table, Joon Young looked at her with a serious expression, “I can't take you anywhere buin, how many times have I told you not to play with your food?” Joon Young .

Yoomi put her face in her hands but after a minute managed to laugh, amused by what had just happened too.

After that they finished the rest of their brunch peacefully and walked out into the streets again, this time much more prepared for the heat of Paris.

Yoomi put her hand out towards Joon Young but he shook his head at her, “It's too hot” he signaled at his already sweaty palms, but Yoomi grabbed an ice cube from the ice water she'd brought with her from breakfast and grabbed his hand.

“Girls” Joon Young scoffed, “Why do you like holding my hand so much?”

Yoomi looked at him quietly then smiled walking along with him, “Because you don't let me do it that often and we never get to be out in public just walking like this”

Joon Young observed her quietly thinking about this, then pulled her a little closer, holding her hand a bit more firmly after that. Yoomi smiled understanding his mind but didn't comment.

“Oh, there is that place,” she told him, shaking their hands to get his attention, “The Wall of Love, do you know it? I want to write something on it and ja jang!” she exclaimed pulling out a lock from her bag, “I brought one for the Love Lock bridge here” Yoomi said smiling.

Joon Young sighed looking at her get going again, “Chincha...no plan, huh?” he mocked, “Women always have plans. Especially this woman, always planning.” he said looking forward and shaking his head, “Why do people always want to chain their loved ones? Love is suppose to be free” Joon Young ranted.

“What do you mean free?” Yoomi countered, stopping in her tracks immediately, “Free to love who else?” she reproached.

“Aniya,” Joon Young stopped her, “Free to live out without guarantees” Joon Young clarified pointing at the lock seriously, “See, the people wanting to use a lock don't have enough faith they can make it without it. Does a lock really make a difference when people don't work hard to understand each other? There is no sincerity in simply chaining someone to the other so they stay, they need to work to make them want to without it” Joon Young ranted, “Who are all these locksmiths making money out of couples with these legends anyway? There are locks all over the place, in Japan, in Korea, in China, in Europe...no one has any faith in their couple anymore and marriages crumble all over the place, lock or no lock” Joon Young finished annoyed and walking forward again.

Yoomi kept up with him thinking about what he said quietly, “So...your saying you have faith in us without the lock?”

Joon Young looked at her, “Just trust me”

Yoomi let go of his hand and threw the lock towards the trashcan without saying anything else. Joon Young smiled again in spite of himself when she missed, “Your aim has been perfect today” he said soullessly.

“It was slippery” Yoomi claimed gesturing towards her wet hand, “I really don't have plans, I just thought in case we happen to walk by today” Yoomi continued, grabbing another ice cube and his hand again.

Joon Young pulled her towards the trash can and stopped to grab the lock again. Yoomi stared at him bewildered, “Just because we're not hanging it on a bridge it's worthless to you? We can still use this, or we can return it, why are you throwing money away?” he reproached looking down at her.

Yoomi laughed, “Arraso” she said putting it in her bag again as they walked, “But aren't you happy? We haven't been stopped once since we got here, no one has recognized us” she pointed out excited.

“Doesn't that bode badly for our careers?” Joon Young replied, the two of them laughing sheepishly as they thought about it, “We need to work harder buin, this is not the time to be happy about such things” he told her as she laughed against his shoulder nodding.
 
They took pictures here and there with the scenery for a while, then slowly they started to notice couples all around them in different stages of passionate PDA, making them slightly self conscious.

“Pff” Guri scoffed when they passed another couple on top of each other in a nearby bench.

“This must be the baby making capital of the world” Yoomi said without thinking, “Is the population always rising here?” Yoomi wondered distracted.

Joon Young stopped in his tracks at the word, “Baby? Aniya, it's too soon for baby” he remarked surprised.

Yoomi didn't notice his expression until she felt the pull of his unmoving hand drag her back.

“Huh?” Yoomi said focusing in on his panic, “What's wrong?”

Joon Young looked at her stomach pointedly, and Yoomi shook her head embarrassed once she put the pieces together, “Aniya, no baby” she said making Joon Young relax again.

“Right, we've been careful” he said walking again reasurred.

Yoomi nodded walking again with him but something about his reaction bothered her after a bit and she pouted a little finally asking, “Would it be such horrible news to have a baby with me?” she said sad.

Joon Young turned to see her face and noticed the looming danger quickly, “Aniya, aniya, it's just too soon right now, we're too young, we haven't been married long” he said calmly.

Yoomi looked at him a little unsure, “We've been together for a while though. I'm older than you... Would you really be happy if we have a baby in the future?" she questioned observing him, "You haven't thought of it before have you? I know you like kids, but you haven't imagined having one with me” she concluded.

“Aniya, I've imagined it” Joon Young said quickly, “Wouldn't our kids be cute” he said soullessly.

Yoomi looked away, still unconvinced, and Joon Young thought about how to fix the mood.

They walked in silence, the two lost in their own thoughts for a while before Joon Young spoke up again.

“A girl would be nice” he said quietly “With your eyes and your hair” he said making Yoomi glance at him again.

“But I don't know if I could handle chasing after her if she had your energy” he remarked, making Yoomi smile.

Yoomi thought about the picture he'd put in her head, also thinking about kids with him for the first time seriously.

“A boy then?” Yoomi said, “He'd have his appa's voice and he'd be obsessed with following after his cool rocker appa”

Joon Young shook his head, “A boy would fall too quickly on your side, a girl I can get on mine” he said seriously.

Yoomi laughed at this, “Are you not on my side?” she asked amused.

“Exactly, even I have a hard time, I need a girl to defend my interests” he said making her laugh again.