Dinner Date

PocaGuri Tales_The Jung Family

As soon as they reached their room, Georgie moved from one end of their suite to the other. Even though they were tired from the late flight he explored the traditional Japanese resort with excitement.

“I thought you liked contemporary hotel style,” Joon Young said to Yoomi looking around too, “..with nice beds” he added not as excited as his son at the thought of having to sleep on the floor for the week.

“Here Georgie gets a garden and we get our own private hot spring” Yoomi told him wheeling the luggage towards the ir room.

Joon Young cheered up immediately, “As expected, good job Poca” he nodded satisfied.

“Besides,” Yoomi said pouting slightly at the door of their bedroom,“You’re going to have your fill of sleeping on a nice bed at your company dorm once we leave” she pointed out as she disappeared behind the sliding door.

Joon Young smiled as soon as the door closed behind her, noticing his wife’s sulky mood. “Women” he muttered wanting to laugh.

“Appa” Georgie called running back towards him, “the room is so wide, and there aren’t that many things I can break here...can we use the skateboard?” he asked.

Joon Young looked around the room, “we better ask omma,” he said bending down to talk to Georgie, “we have to be extra nice to omma during this vacation, and when you go back you have to take good care of her” he told him, “Play her the song we practiced whenever she gets sad or mad”

Georgie nodded, “We’re still going to miss you appa” Georgie said a little sad at the thought.

Joon Young ruffled his hair, “But we’ll get to do online gaming more often now, omma lifts that rule when I’m away” Joon Young reminded him, trying to cheer him up.

Being away from his family weeks and months at a time during promotion was always hard on them. Joon Young was happy playing again but he wished he could have them by him. Sometimes when Yoomi could manage it she'd come with him, but this time they'd be apart for a month before she was finished filming.

“Whenever she gets sulky, call me, and then get her to play too. After a few rounds of me beating her online she’ll miss me less and she’ll get out all of her frustration trying to catch me or attempting to kill my avatar” Joon Young said laughing as he pictured Yoomi’s cute scowl at the computer screen in his head.

Yoomi came back into the room hearing the evil laughter. She looked at the two of them suspiciously, “What now? What are you two planning?” she asked.

Georgie walked over to her, hugging her legs, and looking up at her with aegyo, “Can we skateboard inside omma, please?”

Yoomi looked around the room taking stock of the number of danger areas, “Okay, but first go change for dinner. I pulled a nice outfit for the restaurant we'll meet your cousins at”

Georgie could already image the suit she wanted him to wear but he obeyed without comment. Yoomi smiled at this, feeling a little better, and turned to Joon Young.

“I think I'll go change too” he told her before she could say anything and she looked after him surprised, now wondering if she'd missed something.

A few hours later the three waited in a private room for Joon Ha's family to arrive.

Georgie played with his omma's hair leaning against her side, “You look pretty omma” he told her.

Joon Young grinned seeing Yoomi light up at the compliment. He was admiring his pretty wife in that red dress he liked too when he heard a noise at his side.

“Uncle Andrew!” his nephew and niece greeted him with a smile followed closely by their pretty omma and his brother.

Joon ha smiled, “Finally made it” he greeted his brother, then turned to smile and bow at Yoomi mischievously “Sister-in-law”

 Yoomi smiled back cautious now that the two brothers were together again, “Brother-in-law”

Joon ha smiled widely seeing that familiar wary look in his sister-in-law's eyes. His wife smiled warmly at Yoomi also greeting them but with her eyes simultaneously watching over her kids.

“Is that George Roy Andrew Mercutio Cheng?” he greeted his nephew over the chatter of his two kids who were already at Georgie’s side conspiring.

George looked up from his cousins towards his uncle “Anyeonghaseyo Aunty, Uncle Pedro” he greeted  them smiling.

Uncle Pedro smiled back as they all sat down around the table, “I wish we could just go for some regular sushi and saké at that little whole in the wall” he said rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt.

Joon Young nodded “Or maybe some jajangmyeon” he added.

“But then they wouldn't dress up so pretty if we took them for jajangmyeon” Joon ha continued smiling at his wife.

“Poca would still look pretty” Joon Young said.

Yoomi looked at the two of them then turned to her sister-in-law, “Do you know these two?”

“I think I'm married to one of them” she replied looking at Joon ha with a teasing glint in her eye.

“This one looks familiar too but he's acting strange” Yoomi said looking at Joon Young.

“They must be planning something” they said together as the servers came in with the food.

“Sister-in-law is still so suspicious” Joon ha once they left and everybody started eating.

“She has a very cool husband she has to take care of” Joon Young told him smiling smugly.

Joon ha and Joon Young spent the entire dinner talking a lot, teasing both wives, as the children played and ate and eventually started to nod off by their mothers' sides.

“Glad to finally be getting rid of this one for a while sister-in-law?” Joon ha asked Yoomi as the adults ordered some wine.

“She's already missing me” Joon Young informed him when Yoomi just smiled weakly at Joon ha's words.

“It must be hard on her since you're always surrounded by adoring fans.” his sister-in-law said sympathetic.

“This one really likes you though,” Joon ha told Yoomi, “I told you the first time we met, and didn't he even take you to Paris?”

“I bet he was really sweet to you in Paris” his wife added.

Yoomi laughed remembering, “We fought on the Eiffel Tower our first night in Paris” she told them.

Her sister-in-law looked at both of them surprised while Joon ha just laughed.

Joon Young smiled awkwardly as his wife revealed his crimes in Paris “She dragged me back to all the boring museums she didn't get to see her first visit, then we went on a tour all over the city, then she made me climb that tower with her” Joon Young explained, “it took hours and once we reached the top it started to rain”

“And he immediately looked for a roof to save his guitar first” Yoomi accused.

“It was an expensive guitar and we hadn't brought an umbrella since they said it be nice in Paris” Joon Young reasoned, “But she started yelling that the guitar was more important than her again and that she could never have a nice romantic moment with me. I thought she was going to push me off the top” he told them.

Joon ha kept chuckling and his wife looked at Joon Young, “What did you respond?”

“He told me to stop trying to make us into a cheesy couple. That we were never going to be that way. I wanted to cry” Yoomi told her.

Georgie's aunt looked at her brother-in-law accusingly, but Joon ha just smiled knowingly, “Then?”

“I kissed her in the rain, pulled her towards the elevator, and we went for a drink” Joon Young said. Yoomi smiled remembering that moment.

“9 months later we got a nephew” Joon ha finished grinning.

Everyone looked at Georgie, now asleep in his mother's lap.

“Should we take you to Tokyo Skytree, and start the second honeymoon?” Joon ha teased them.

Yoomi shook her head embarrassed but Joon Young considered this seriously.

“Just take George with you a few days this week, I'll take care of the rest” Joon Young told him making his wife blush as his family laughed.