Bedtime Story

PocaGuri Tales_The Jung Family

“Yeobo, can you make sure that George takes his bath and goes to bed early? Please no late night gaming again, tomorrow he has school…”Yoomi said, fixing her hair using the skull mirror ornament by the door.
 

“Arraseyoong.. do you have your script? I packed you a lunch, it’s in the fridge” Joon Young said from the couch while still writing on the music sheets in from of him.
 

“Mmm, it’s all in my backpack, gomayo” Yumi said smiling at her cute nampeon so focused on his music.
 

“Do well, you’ve got to earn enough money to take your husband and son back to Game World” Guri said looking up suddenly, knowing he’d catch her staring, and smugly lifting his eyebrows. Yoomi laughed and rolled her eyes as she walked towards him. She gave him a quick kiss goodbye before calling George down.
 

“Omma’s leaving, bobo” she said as he came down the stairs. The six year old spread his arms reaching towards her to circle his pretty omma’s neck and smooched her cheek loudly. “Bye omma”


“Aigoo” Yoomi said kissing his forehead and ruffling his hair while she gazed down at her adorable baby boy in skull pajama pants and a neon shirt. His hair was starting to get long, it was almost as scruffy as his father's, and with his ridiculously small face and big eyes he looked a more like a girl than a boy.


“We need to get your hair cut Georgie, you look like a girl” Yoomi said adding it to her mental checklist for the weekend.


“So.. he is starting to look like your kid too now? I always wondered..” Guri teased Poca, “But you’re still not as pretty as her son” he said also teasing Georgie.


“Appa..” George protested from the stairs pouting cutely as Yoomi just laughed. “Behave” she said to both of them before walking out the door.


As soon as they heard Elizabeth ride off, George turned to his dad in full-fledged aegyo mode, “Can we play Monster Island 5 Appa?”


Joon Young smiled at his son’s attempt but shook his head, “Sorry kid, Omma said to get you to bed early, and if we start we won’t be able to stop and she’ll catch us again. You’ve got to wash, let’s go” he said standing up and walking towards him.


“Wash?” George said in disgust, “Appa I’m allergic to water”

 
Joon Young laughed at his son, “I’m allergic to neon but I still wear those neon family pajamas halmoni got for us last Christmas” he replied reaching him.

George started to frown then smiled up at him again suddenly and said, “Then after my bath can we have father son bonding time over a game of Monster Island? Omma always says family bonding is important” Joon Young laughed harder at his son in admiration. He knew he was going to end up sending his kid off to Harvard someday or maybe Georgetown; he was a genius just like his Appa. Luckily he got all the good stuff from him except for one thing..

 
“Hate to break it to you kid, but although you love the game as much as I do, you’re not as good at it. You’re more like your mother there” Guri told him in teasing mode again.


“Pff, I’m better than omma” the boy replied puffing out his little chest defensively and pouting.


“Almost everyone is better than omma” Guri replied smiling then, picking him up, he carried him towards the bathroom. “Gosh, you’re heavy like your omma too”

 
“Omma says she’s light as a feather and Uncle Roy says you’re not as good as you think Appa” George said remembering.
 

“Pff, then why do I always beat him?” Joon Young replied as he got his son ready for his bath, “Appa is a legend. We’ve got to get you a new babysitter if Uncle Roy is going to keep putting all these crazy ideas into your head” he told him.


After 45 minutes, and a lot of splashing around, both of them finally came out and headed towards George’s room.

“At least now we can change your pajamas to something more elegant” he said taking out a black shirt and some guns and roses bottoms. “Perfect” Joon Young said presenting them to him.

He got George changed but he refused to fall asleep, “I’m not tired, will you read me a bedtime story Appa?” he asked. Guri looked at the bright story books on the shelves Yoomi bought and then looked back at his son, “How about a rock lullaby instead?”

 
“Can I pick the chords like omma does?” George asked and Joon Young nodded picking up his son’s red mini guitar by the dresser.

 
George recited some letters at random and Joon Young smiled playing a song instantly. George listened intently while his dad played the song singing to him softly, and slowly felt his eyelids get heavy, “I’ve heard this one somewhere Appa…Is it in the OST you’re making for omma’s drama?” he asked half asleep when Joon Young finished.

 
Joon Young smiled shaking his head, “It’s the song I composed for your mom the first day we met” he told him. Tucking him in he put the guitar back and turned off the light. “Good night Georgie”