Fatigue

Seclusion

Sooyoung blankly stared at the piece of food being hold up with chopsticks. "I'm not eating that."

A sigh exited from the parted lips that belonged to Sunny, clicking her tongue over the roof of . "Sooyoung, you have to eat. You barely eaten anything the whole day except breakfast, at least get something in your stomach."

The tall girl only shook her head, her eyes never leaving the dumpling that made her lost her appettite, and the sudden fear of eating the food itself. "I'm not eating that ."

"I checked the rest of the dumplings, they aren't filled with human fingers," Sunny reassured. "You just take took the wrong box earlier, so the other ones are fine-"

"For 's sake, I'm not gonna eat that!" Sooyoung exclaimed, slapping away the chopsticks with her hand as the utensils skid across the floor until it stopped a few feet away. The short girl was left speechless at the action, earning looks from the other members. "Do you know how hard it is to forget the taste of a ing finger? I can still taste blood in my mouth, and believe me, you don't even want to try to taste it."

In the midst of another heated situation, one of them decided that enough is enough and sat up from the floor, signaling Tiffany that she will be right back which earned a nod from the latter, who was busy softly Jessica's head as the injured girl remained silent after the fiasco of getting answers from the masked man a while ago.

"Why did I tell you of 'no more fighting', Sooyoung?" Taeyeon said, walking towards the two girls sitting in one corner, the tall girl still looking at Sunny dead in the eyes. "Everyone's already tired, and we're not going to waste another round of our energy bickering at each other."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Taeyeon," Sooyoung said, sarcasm audible in her voice as she brought her attention towards the leader. "I wouldn't be here cursing my lungs out in front of everybody if only Sunny hasn't been annoying me the whole time to eat that crap." Sooyoung pointed at the dumpling that was left untreated on the floor.

"I was trying to help you eat!" Sunny raised her voice so suddenly, alarming the other members when they were off doing their own things, trying to ignore whatever's going on between the two girls. "Everyone had already taken a bite out of their food except you, I even had to check every single dumpling just for you to eat them, dammit!"

Taeyeon had enough of these two bickering, their voices have grated ito her ears and was only giving her headaches. "Alright, that's ENOUGH!"

The room went dead silent. The previous two girls who were arguing sealed off their mouths almost instantly once they heard the loud voice of their short leader. They knew Taeyeon very well, and they knew whenever the short girl raise her voice in front of the members, it isn't something to joke about. Once the pin drops, it was the only sound emitted in the room. They feared far worse if they ever try to speak up.

Breathing in and out slowly while trying to calm down as she felt her blood pressure increased, Taeyeon sighed deeply and rubbed her forehead in order to sieze the dizziness in her head. "If you two want to keep arguing like little kids, be my guest," Taeyeon said softly, but the icy tone in her voice was still heard. "But everyone is tired, including me. I would reconsider arguing about something stupid like dumplings that have some guy's finger if I were you two."

The short leader went back to her usual spot, not forgetting to add another statement. "We should get some sleep. No use wasting our energy for screaming and bickering the entire night."

Everyone in the room obliged towards the girl's suggestion, and they slowly position themselves for a good night's sleep. Though, they doubt they're going to get any peace in their slumber.

Seeing that everyone was already lying their backs on the floor rather comfortably, Sunny too decided to sleep with the rest of the girls. Just as she was about to stand up, she suddenly felt a hand grabbing her by the wrist, and when she turned around, she noticed it was Sooyoung.

"What?" Sunny said, her voice as soft as whisper.

Sooyoung shook her head. "Don't go. Stay."

Sunny noticed how vulnerable the shikshin looked now, her eyes reflecting loneliness and fear. Knewing that the girl was in a state where she doesn't want to be alone, it took a heavy sigh and a few seconds for the short girl to sit beside Sooyoung. She patted her lap, signaling the other girl to lay her head down, and slowly, Sooyoung rested her head softly on the soft thighs.

But she wasn't sleeping. She was looking at Sunny with guilt, regretting what she had treated the girl few moments ago.

"I'm sorry about earlier," Sooyoung whispered.

Sunny shook her head, giving the girl a warm smile. "It's okay. Just go to sleep, now."

Sooyoung nodded, and she let her eyes closed, drifting into slumber along with Sunny.

-

It was the hundrenth sheep, and sleep hasn't fallen over Taeyeon yet.

The ceiling was the only thing accompanying her in another restless night, even when she was laying down scrunched up in the middle between Tiffany and Jessica, Taeyeon still felt alone. Whether if it's the silence that seemed deafening for her, or the milions upon milions of thoughts running around in her mind like a marathon, she knew that she wouldn't get any sleep tonight. Because of that, she decided to stand up.

Slowly sitting up, she took a glance at the two girls sleeping beside her before carefully getting up from the cold floor that she covered with her jacket. Thinking the coast was clear, she took tiny steps trying to get away from the sleeping group, until she heard a low groan that caused her to freeze on the spot. She looked down, and noticed one of the Jung sisters rubbing her eyes from drowsiness.

"Taeyeon..." Jessica yawned softly, scratching the top of her head. "Where are you going?"

Taeyeon smiled at the cute sight, a rare situation like always seemed to make her feel better than before. "Just going to have some alone time."

"Can I come with you?" Jessica asked, getting ready to get up when Taeyeon stopped her.

"No, no, no. It's fine. It wouldn't be called an 'alone time' if you come," Taeyeon chuckled.

"Oh..." Jessica muttered, looking down in embarassment. "Right."

Taeyeon wondered about the condition of the other girl, softly touching Jessica's crown to see if the girl wince the contact or not. "How's your head?"

A small smiled appeared on Jessica's face. "A lot better. ing 's going to pay for it once we get out," She said, muttering the last part.

Taeyeon chuckled once again, ruffling Jessica's hair playfully. "Cute. Now, go back to sleep. I won't be long."

Jessica nodded, laying back down on the floor and resume her sleeping position. Seeing that the girl has fallen asleep, she knew that the coast was finally clear and made her way silently towards the corner. Her back made contact with the wall, sliding down until her bottom touched the floor.

Taeyeon's hands started to search through the fabric of her jeans, and when she felt the lump on her pocket, she quickly fished the object out. Her lips twitched a little when she took a cigarette from the packet and lit it with a small lighter. And she took a drag. And exhaled, staring at the trail of smoke escaping her lips.

No one knew this habit. What the girls don't know won't kill them. It's better this way.

Taeyeon let out a shaky breath, before letting the tears that had been waiting to be released flow out of her eyes, her quiet sobs echoing the silence of the studio.


A short update that will be leading up to the very chapter that I had been dying to write. It's a bit disturbing, weird and slightly dark, so I'll give an M-rating for that chapter. So be ready!

Make sure to follow me on Twitter! See you later, readers, and thank you all so much for commenting, subscribing and upvoting this fanfic. It really, really, really means a lot to me. And I hope you guys will stick to the story 'til the end!

Ciao~