Falling Down - Prologue

Seclusion

- An Important Author's Note -

Hey, guys. Before I say anything else, I just wanna deeply apologise about the long and unannounced hiatus. I've got nothing to lie here, so I'm just gonna say that the reason I never got the time to update this story was because of my doubts. Yes, doubts. For as long as I could remember, I started this completely fictional story to show a lot of people that fanfiction isn't all about fluffy romance stories filled with cheesy dialogue and plots that doesn't seem to be anywhere from 'original'. I'm not saying that EVERY fanfiction out there is like that, because I do love reading and writing romance fics and everyone writing these kinds of fanfictions is soooo crazy talented like oh, my God. I just wanted to prove that stories outside of the romance genre are also engrossing and worth the read.

And now, looking at all the people who've read and commented and subscribed this story, I wanna thank you guys so much for the love and feedback that you've given! You guys are the reason why I still make fanfics to this very day, even though I'm pretty much a ty author, no doubt about that. Your constructive critisms, your reactions to each chapter filled surprises and twists, I live for that sort of thing. Seriously, everyone has been so awesome and I can't help but feel grateful for y'all.

Buuut... there are also some downfalls. Due to the extremely graphic content and subject matter, some people will criticise me here and there for writing such a fanfic. Questions like, "Are you insane? Why are writing this?""Oh, my God, this is too much, I'm sorry.""Are you even a fan of SNSD? Why on earth did you write this?" sometimes pop up in the comment section and that kinda triggered me into thinking whether or not if this story was even a good idea in the first place.

So, my advice to guys: if ANYONE feels offended, hurt, disgusted, sick, or all of the above when reading this fanfic, it's really okay for you to judge and leave a comment about your true feelings. You can leave afterwards, therefore never reading this story ever again and you're off reading someone else's fanfic that is more 'family-friendly'. And if some of you unsubscribed to this fanfic because you couldn't take it any longer, it's completely fine! I'm not gonna hate on you, guys. It's your choice and I truly respect whatever choice you make. :)

For the people who are still onboard with the story and wants to know what's gonna happen in the end, thank you all so much for staying after over a YEAR of complete abandonment. But here I am now! And for the new readers... how you guys holding up? Hehehe.

Here's a short prologue chapter before the last couple of chapters that will lead to the conclusion of the story. Enjoy!


“It’s been a month. Wait, no. Two months. Or... is it three? Agh. .”

Taeyeon repeatedly cursed under her breath. The ability to know the time and date has long gone been forgotten due to her phone finally running out of battery. And it would’ve still been ‘alive’ if she hadn’t left it in the backseat of the car. Just the mere thought of her clumsiness made her feel a dozen times more ty, causing her to cursed slightly louder. “!”

Taeyeon closed shut. Peering to the side, she saw the two bodies of Jessica and Tiffany sleeping soundly next to one another. Both of their bodies were facing each other, with Tiffany beside Taeyeon on the right and Jessica lying on Tiffany’s right side. Taeyeon couldn’t get a good look of Tiffany’s face, but she could see Jessica’s.

The bags under her eyes were starting to grow a little darker, making it visible to see even if some of the lights around the studio were off. The trails of dried tears from all the countless time the girl had cried ever since they got here. Her messy, uneven hair that hasn’t been drenched by a single drop of water yet its strawberry-scented smell lingered fadingly.

Taeyeon tried to crack a smile, but she seemed to lost the energy to find joy in everything now that she’s been stuck in this horrible, horrible place for God knows how long. And this time, she literally doesn’t know.

Taeyeon slowly took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she pictured what it’s like to be at home with the rest of the girls. Images of the dorm flashed in her mind: the faint sounds of laughter and chatter resonates throughout the familiar place, the joyful faces of each members which are all in good shape and condition, the strong scent of the delicious gourmet food made by Taeyeon’s own hands, the warm feeling in her chest that everything and everyone was exactly where they should be.

But all of those hopeful thoughts immediately disappear when she opened her eyes. Back to the harsh, cruel reality.

Taeyeon felt herself getting more depressed and hopeless as the days go by. But after reminiscing what life was before it took a giant on her and the rest of the girls, she might went from ‘Depressed + Hopeless’ to ‘Suicidal, if I could even kill myself’.

“Oh, how I would kill for a quick smoke right now,” Taeyeon bitterly chuckled at her statement and sighed. “You are so lucky that Tiffany is asleep right now.”

Turning to the side, Taeyeon reached her hand out towards Tiffany’s hair and started softly it as she continued to ramble on.

So... what’s up, Taeyeon? How’s it going? You’re looking awfully skinny now, what happened? Going on a diet or something?” Taeyeon smiled at the conversation she was having with her own self. “I do, huh? Don’t worry, it’s nothing. I’m just, uh... not that hungry at the moment. Actually, more like for over a month.”

What? Are you serious? Then go eat, you idiot. Well, here’s the thing, I’m sorta trapped in this room with the girls ever since day one and I can’t really order good food here. Turns out the guy who put us here is a really, really bad cook,” Taeyeon began to laugh softly, trying not to wake the two Americans up beside her. “Oh, wow. First, he captured you guys, then he cooks terrible food? That sounds really ty. Oh, trust me. It really is.”

Taeyeon paused for a moment before saying, “But you wanna know something? Sure, go ahead.” Looking at the two girls sleeping beside her so peacefully as if everything’s just fine, Taeyeon felt the guilt rising up from the deepest pit of her stomach.

“I feel like this is it. This is how we’re gonna die. The world’s probably looking for us right now, wondering where the hell did the famous Girls’ Generation go, and the possibility of being saved is just... an old dream everyone wished for to come true. And now, that ‘everyone’ is three. The remaining four...” Taeyeon tried to cry so bad, just to release the heavy weight pressing down on her chest. But she was too tired, and even if she could cry, she knew it only would hurt herself even more. “Well, let’s just say there in a much better place now. Hopefully.”

Through the thick layer of hopelessness filling her heart and soul, there was still a small spark. A drying ember that’s faintly lit, a crack on an unbreakable wall - wishing that there is yet a chance to be rescued. To be saved. To go back to where everything and everyone was in the right place.

Taeyeon heard fatigue slowly lullabying her to sleep. She glanced at Tiffany and Jessica before letting her eyes close.

As soon as she was falling into slumber, she whispered her very last and final wish.

“Please keep them alive if I couldn’t.”