Quiet Ones

Seclusion

"I just want to have fun with my mine favorite girls."

 

Logical thinking never helped anything from the very start, and when the mind is too busy trying to avoid panicking, your body will do the opposite. In fear, you can only be consumed by it until there's nothing left.

 

Hyoyeon wasn't capable at a time like this, especially when it involved being held captived by a crazed lunatic. From the very beginning, she was silent, already knowing that she and the other girls would be in a dangerous situation. Her calm demeanor being her only mask conceiling her true emotions, but as the time goes by, that mask slowly goes off.

 

"What does he mean?" Hyoyeon asked frantically, looking around at her friend trying to find an answer. "Guys, what does he mean by that?"

 

"Isn't it easy?" The man's voice came up again, following with a chuckle that left an impersonation of something being planned. "You girls have been living in a messed up world, trying so hard to appeal others by the way you perform, sing and talk. Think of this as a little vacation, out from the busy schedules and noisy crowds of adoration from people around you."

 

The girls stayed silent, listening at the careful words the man lingered out of his mouth. It doesn't help with the questions running through their heads, developing the ongoing confusion growing since the moment they were locked inside a studio. It bugged them that the man wasn't giving them an easy time, causing one of them to voice out their frustration.

 

"Enough with the bull. I know that you have a reason why we're all trapped here," Jessica said, her voice piercing through the ears of the other eight girls as they felt the coldness in her tone. "Just tell us."

 

“Why would I tell you that?” The man voiced back. “Why would I give you the rights to know the possible reason of your entrapment? I just wanted to play. A good, old game won’t hurt anyone, right? Unless if any of you it up, then I’ll rethink about it otherwise. So, behave. Especially you, Jessica.”

 

A few seconds of silence passed, a silent clock continued to click in the back of their head. The voice intervene the silence in the room, a deep voice bouncing off the studio walls.

 

"What I write are sins," the man said. “Not tragedies.”

 

There was a click, indicating that the man turned off the microphone.

 

It was unbearable. A day where they will be held captive by a man out of their own knowledge in designated area, away from the populated city had never crossed any of their minds. They kept believing that they were safe, protected by the company and security keeping them away from harm and whatever danger lurking out in the world. Though they knew they weren’t near the word ‘safe’, they would never think of falling into a treacherous trap for as long as they stick together as one group. But given the circumstances, it doesn’t mean they are going to be unharmed forever, as it means that someday, they will be pulled into a certain situation in which their fears, and physical and mental state will be put to the test.

 

A whimper as soft as a whisper caught the attention of Yoona, turning her head towards a certain corner where she saw the figure of a curled up girl, knees pulled up to her chest and her face covered by the black strains of hair. The girl’s body trembled silently as she shakily cried in the comfort of no one, not wanting to be looked at by the older girls.

 

Yoona scurried towards the innocent girl, knowing how badly damaged she was because of what was happening. The girl doesn’t deserve to be broken, neither being a part of the mind games the captivator has planned. Kneeling down next to the crying figure, Yoona carefully wrapped her arm around the fragile girl, pulling her closer in order to find some comfort in any way when the word doesn’t seem to fit in her vocabulary anymore.

 

“I want to go home…” Seohyun choked out, her voice shaking in a way someone would do when they are emotionally distressed. “I just want to go home…”

 

It pained Yoona that in this very moment, they weren’t going home. In the back of her mind, she knew the man responsible for their seclusion isn’t planning to release any time soon, or better yet for the next couple of days. Maybe weeks, or months they will be spending time locked up as prisoners, suffering from the closure of the outside world and the unknown ‘games’ they must play along with. Yoona doesn’t want to go too far on thinking such things, but the possibility of it was a mere ninety percent. The other ten would be her paranoid thoughts.

 

Yoona didn’t reply, instead she held the younger girl tightly, trying to give off comfort by whispering encouraging words like, ‘it’s okay’ and ‘everything’s going to be fine’, but of course, anyone with a right mind knew that everything’s not entirely okay.

 

“Guys,” Yoona called the girls for their attention, not letting herself part from Seohyun’s weak body as the latter continued to stream down silent tears from her eyes. “Let’s just take a break first. No use screaming our lungs out to call the guy’s attention.”

 

“What?” Jessica snapped, not believing the words coming out of the other girl’s mouth. “Yoona, I’m not sure if you noticed, but we have been sitting around in this studio for hours, not having a single clue on what is going on or why we are here, listening to some in front of a microphone who couldn’t, no, wouldn’t tell us the reason behind all of this. And you’re telling us to rest and do nothing?”

 

“For God’s sake, Jessica, look at her!” Yoona screamed back, pointing her finger towards the silent girl clinging onto her body as if her life counted on it. “We all know the situation’s ed up and everything, but we’re tired. We all are, and I don’t even know what’s going to happen to Seohyun if she was the one screaming and crying for help. All I am asking is for everyone to sit down, and think-“

 

“I am thinking, Yoona,” Jessica took a step forward, raising her voice while Taeyeon tried to calm the girl down but only to be ignored. “I’m thinking very thoroughly, and for once, I will not sit my lazy down on the ground and go cry in the ing corner while thinking about what I’ve done in my life as if I’m being preached at a church on a goddamn Sunday morning!”

 

“Shut up!” Seohyun finally let go of herself, releasing her inner emotions that has been boiling up to the point where it needed to be voiced out. The room immediately went silent, the loud breaths of the young girl was the only sound that was heard. They looked at her in shock, never expecting that the maknae would explode in front of anyone in all her innocent life. Neither of them were brave enough to speak, as if the only person stopping them from doing so was Seohyun.

 

“Now… all I want, is for all of you to sit down,” Seohyun said, her voice soft yet sharp, letting her words slowly went out of . “And be quiet…”

 

“Seohyun, I-“ Jessica didn’t had the chance to speak before Seohyun cut her off.

 

“Sit down,” Seohyun said firmly, looking at the girl’s eyes with enough depth to send chills down Jessica’s spine. “Now.”

 

Everyone obeyed after a few seconds, terrified at the young girl’s sudden change. As if she wasn’t the Seohyun everybody knew.

 

If there was one thing most people should know, is that it’s the quiet ones that they look out for.

 


A/N: A short update, sorry if it isn't as intriguing as it should be, but the next chapter would definitely be promising!