Odd Behavior

Seclusion

The car was filled with loud voices, going back and forth as her eyes continued to stare into deep oblivion. She wasn't paying attention at her surroundings, the loud laughs and shouts of her friends were mere echoes as if they were in a cave. She never blinked once, letting herself being enveloped by her own thoughts as she went deeper and deeper.

A voice reached out for her, slowly driving her back into the real world.

"Taeyeon."

She snapped out of her thoughts, blinking a few times before she turned towards the girl beside her who kept calling her name yet the latter didn't respond until now. "What?"

Tiffany sighed, looking at her friend with worried eyes. "You've been going in and out from the beginning. What's wrong?"

Truthfully, she doesn't now either. It was quite normal for Taeyeon to be wrapped up in her thoughts at times, but never too long until the point where Tiffany had to call her names more than once. In response, she shook her head. "I don't know."

"Come on, you promised me that you'll always tell me whatever that's in your mind," Tiffany said, taking a bottle of water near her and handing it towards the girl beside her, in which the girl took it with a silent nod. Taeyeon took her time drinking the water bottle in her hand, trying to remember why she spaced out moments ago.

"I don't know why, it's just," Taeyeon said after giving back the water bottle to Tiffany. "It's just that, I have this weird feeling. I have no idea how did I thought of this, but I kept thinking that something bad's going to happen." Taeyeon sighed, rubbing her temples. "Call me crazy and all, but it's just weird."

"Maybe you're just paranoid," Tiffany reassured. "Just because we were invited to a TV show we've never heard of, doesn't mean bad things are going to happen. I mean, the show could be popular but we've never get the chance to watch it somehow. Maybe it's nothing too serious and that you shouldn't be worried about it."

"Maybe," Taeyeon was still unsure, even the words of her own best friend didn't calm her troubled mind. "It's still maybe, Fany."

A slight nudge was felt on her shoulder, causing Taeyeon to turn her head towards the other girl beside her. "Will you stop being so paranoid?" Jessica said, her eyes rolling sideways. "It's just gonna be one of those shows where we're ask a bunch of questions and then go home by the end of the day. Just like usual."

"Yeah, but isn't it almost every time Taeyeon get paranoid about something, that thing actually happened?" Tiffany defended. "You know, she could be right. Maybe, there's a possibility something out of the ordinary will happen once we get there, who knows."

"I think we should stop talking about it," Taeyeon intruded, feeling the conversation not going anywhere. "Seriously guys, I think I'm just being paranoid. Tiffany's right, it's nothing too serious and that I shouldn't be worried about it. So can we please have a normal conversation about normal things, like, I don't know. Tiffany's relationship with Nickhun, for example. How are you guys been doing, by the way?"

Even thought the girl was still concerned about her friend's weird behavior, Tiffany managed to smile genuinely as Taeyeon mentioned her relationship with another group member. "We're doing fine."

Taeyeon nodded. "Alright. Okay, that's good. See, this is what I call a normal conversation. Us girls getting to talk about our feelings and , not giving a flying about the world and laughing out loud at the constant memories we recall together in the past."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down, Taeyeon," Sooyoung retorted. "Are you sure you're okay? You've been acting weird these past few days, and I do not have any idea what's going on."

A sigh escaped from the girl's lips. "If only you knew," She muttered.

"I heard that." Taeyeon's body froze as she heard the brown haired girl beside her unintentionally caught her whispered words. She glanced at Jessica, trying to catch a glimpse of her face, only to discover a sour expression on the latter's face. Eyes too busy focusing on what's on her phone, her thumb constantly scrolling down to whatever page she was reading. In her head, Taeyeon immediately regret saying her words. But with what happened a couple of days before, she probably deserved all the cold and sinister looks from the brunette.

Rubbing the bridge of her nose as she tried to regain her grip on reality, a silent vibration occured on her lap and her hand slowly reached down at her phone, unlocking the screen and noticed that she received a message by the devil herself.

Taengoo, are you seriously okay? I'm sorry if I was too harsh on you before

Taeyeon took in a deep breath before replying back.

Yeah, I'm fine. Feeling a little nauseatic, but I'm okay.

Okay. Just tell me if you want to talk about anything. I'm worried about you.

Jessi, it's fine. Don't worry about me. And um... About what happened last week...

Don't mention it. I'm not mad at you, remember? Just forget about it, and never tell anyone about it. Okay?

Okay.

A part of Taeyeon wanted to forget about what happened, but there's an annoying itch in the back of her head that didn't allow her to do so. And even though what she did was horribly wrong, she doesn't regret it. She wasn't drunk, stoned or out of her head. She was sober, and she remembered everything clearly.

Being sandwiched between two people who both has important roles in her life was already awkward as it was. But nonetheless, it could have been worse. Especially when the other person doesn't what's going on between her and Jessica.

She could only hope that no one would find out. Not Tiffany, and not the other members. No one deserves to know, but the devil and the sins she had commited in her short life.

Seohyun sighed, gently setting her book down on her lap. Boredom quickly consumed her, for she had been reading the same book for the past hour and she had already gotten sick of looking at the same words over and over again. With that, she decided to turn on the radio.

"... Please be aware to everyone who are in or outside of their homes, for we have been reported by the local police department that a mental patient has escaped from a psychiatric hosptial since two nights ago. We are advised to warn everyone from children to adults to stay calm, and be cautious, for this mental patient has years of back story which have gathered. The patient is a man, in his mid twenties, and he has been arrested for murder, , mutilation and holding up hostages for days or weeks-"

The car was met with dead silence, as one of the girls turned off the radio in order to stop listening to whatever it was showing. The sound of cars passing by were all that's left to be heard, the creeping sense of fear and paranoia slowly invading their head. The hair in the back of their neck stood up, as an unbelievable chill ran through all of their spines.

"Let's just pretend we never heard any of that," Yoona spoke up, trying to stabilize her already shaking voice.

With a nod from everyone, the silence in the vehicle continued.

Only it wasn't as comfortable as it was a few moments ago.