Closure

Seclusion

"You should go to sleep, Taeyeon."

"Yeah. Don't worry, I will. You go ahead, Sunkyu, I just need some time to myself."

"Here we go again with the use of my real name, didn't I tell you stop calling me that?"

"What? I feel like Sunkyu's a much personal name than Sunny. I kind of like how it sounds."

Sunny sighed, and smiled softly before patting her friend's shoulder. "Good night, Tae."

Taeyeon nodded, and watched her fellow group member walking towards Sooyoung and sat down comfortably next to the heavy eater. Laying her head against the girl, she closed her eyes as she drift into slumber while the tall girl made sure Sunny was in a comfortable position to sleep in.

Taeyeon slid down against the wall, feeling her arse making contact with the floor. She ran her hand through her hair, feeling her forehead a bit sweaty after the outburst an hour ago. She stared at her right knuckles, and acknowledged the fact of how red and numb they were after punching the walls several times. Though her frustration was at Tiffany, she would never try to hurt the girl.

Taeyeon will never forgive herself if she ever tried to hurt the girl in any way. But if irony currently wasn't being an , she wouldnt've yelled all those things at Tiffany.

She was stupid, she knows that. Getting angry at the person who has been with you through thick and thin for years is the very last thing she would do in her life. Her emotions got the better of her, that's what she would say if someone asked why she had done it. And she believed in that statement. Every single feeling she had tried to supress deep down inside somehow made its way out, leaving a nasty mark on both Tiffany and Taeyeon to deal with. Taeyeon gripped her hand tighter, having the urge to punch again but she quickly resisted.

Looking around the room, she noticed everyone was sound asleep since half an hour ago. Sunny was the last person she had talked to, Taeyeon thought. Not that it made any difference at all.

She searched through her pocket, having high hopes that she could feel her pack of cigarettes. To her dismay, she didn't. Taeyeon cursed silently, remembering that Tiffany had gotten rid of by burning it inside a trash bin. Sighing in defeat, she leaned her head back and slowly closed her eyes.

"Hey."

Taeyeon opened her eyes in shock as she heard a soft voice calling out her name. Her vision was dark for a moment due to the low lighting of the room, but eventually noticed the person kneeling down on front of her was Tiffany.

"Hey," Taeyeon said hoarsely before clearing . She looked into Tiffany's eyes, and thought of the true beauty of the American when it comes to her eyes. That it never stopped forming crescent moons whenever she smile, and how Taeyeon cherished any day Tiffany would share her special gift to everyone.

"Mind if I sit down?" Tiffany asked for permission, in which Taeyeon obliged, and sat down in front of the girl. Her gaze was onto the floor, and her hand started drawing patterns on it while the other hand rested underneath her chin. Taeyeon wanted to speak up, but she didn't know what to say.

Silence engulfed the remaining minutes as time continues to tick away, letting the two girls have their own little moment together. Even when they're not talking to each other, they knew that both of them wanted one thing; each other's company.

Taeyeon sighed, realizing that she wouldn't be getting sleep anytime soon. Tiffany noticed it, and started to go straight to the point. "You shouldn't have said all of that earlier, you know."

Taeyeon nodded. "And you shouldn't have burn all my cigarettes. You made me do it, Tiff."

"That doesn't mean you have to shout all the I've tried to keep secret from the girls," Tiffany snapped, keeping her voice low so that the other members won't wake up. She took her time to breathe deeply. "You promised, Tae."

"Alright, I get it, I broke your ing promise but guess what? Promises are meant to be broken, whether if it's intentional or not, it will be broken somehow. No one would keep that much of a secret for too long, Miyoung," Taeyeon fought back, letting out every last bit of her emotions into words. Tiffany flinched at the sound of her real name being used, and lowered in her head in silence as another round of silence soon hovered over them.

Taeyeon took her time to breathe, staring up at the ceiling with very heavy eyes. She tried to keep it together and not sleep soon, so that she could still talk to Tiffany and fix the situation.

"Whenever I look up at the ceiling, I kept imagining that it's the same one back at our dorm," Taeyeon spoke, causing Tiffany to raise her head. "I don't know, it just... reminds me how I miss the outside. Seeing other people, talking to them, being able to go to places. And then I kept thinking, 'if there's a will, there's a way'. But right now..."

"You're hopeless," Tiffany finished, and Taeyeon nodded. It was the truth that she couldn't lie to herself in order to deny it.

"Yeah," Taeyeon muttered. "Anyways... how's you and Nickhun?"

Tiffany grinned. "Jumping out of topics, don't you think?"

Taeyeon shrugged. "I like to keep the conversation going if that means we're going to end up dead tomorrow."

Tiffany giggled. "Alright. Um, well, we're doing good. Great, actually. He's such a sweet guy. I'm really lucky to have him as my boyfriend."

"And the ?" Taeyeon smirked as Tiffany covered to conceal her laughter.

"Well..." Tiffany tried hard not to start laughing. "It was alright."

"Just alright?" Taeyeon wondered. "We're talking about here, Fany, it's something you do on a weekly basis."

"I know, I know! It's just that..." Tiffany chuckled, shaking her head. "Why are we even talking about my life? Then, what about yours, selfless ahjumma?"

"God, another nickname for the SONEs to tease me about," Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "And to answer your question, no, I don't want to have yet if I'm also not in a serious relationship either."

"Oh, you and your white lies, Tae," Tiffany said, chuckling alongside Taeyeon who joined in on her laughter.

'You have no idea,' Taeyeon hid her thoughts with a smile.

:::

Hey guys! I'm actually very curious on why you like this fanfic so much, and what are your favorite things about this story that intrigues you. Y'all can comment your thoughts down below, and I will read and reply every single one of you if I can.

As for now, see you later in the next update!