Breakdown

Seclusion

"How many fingers do I have?"

"Oh God, here we go again."

"No, seriously, how many fingers do I have?"

"Sooyoung, we've gone through this already. It's ten, five on each hand." Sunny was clearly annoyed at the girl's odd question, making her think if she needs to go see a psychologist once they are freed.

"And how long have we been here?" Sooyoung asked again, scratching her head for being itchy. All of the members doesn't seem to remember when was the last time they took a shower.

"I don't know," Sunny sighed. "Probably a week, or something."

"Actually, it's two," Jessica walked in on the conversation after staring up at the ceiling due to boredom. The man who captured them didn't bother to give them any form of entertainment, not even a TV or radio. The days always went by as the usual; wake up, talk, eat lunch, talk, taking naps, eat dinner, talk some more, sleep. This process periodically repeats in a cycle that leaves all the girls nearly questioning the purpose of life. "We got here at the 20th of October, and now it's like November 9th or 10th."

"Jesus Christ, that long?" Sooyoung uttered, leaning her head against the wall behind her. Sunny shook her head, in a mixture of disbelief and believing in the facts, and slapped her neck when she felt a fly buzzing near her.

"If this thing last a month, I would probably commit suicide," Sunny said, scratching her legs through her ripped jeans. "What does the guy ing want from us? Is he playing God or some ?"

"Well, by the looks of it, he's already been playing that role since the very beginning," Jessica said, sighing to her left when she heard a couple of groans and shifts from the girl sleeping a couple of feet away.

Sunny followed her vision, and frowned. "She's still having nightmares?" Jessica could only nod in response to her question. "Must've been hard for her."

"It was hard for all of us, but I think she took it the worse," Jessica gave a concern look when Yuri started punching the wall while spitting out the names of the last three members who died due to the unforgivable torture acts from their captor himself. "I still can't believe they're gone."

"We're sure about Yoona and Seohyun, but what about Hyoyeon?" Sunny thought out loud, earning a shrug from Jessica.

"Probably dead, too. She was the first one to be taken away, that's for sure, but for her condition," Jessica trailed off, praying that the dancing queen to be safe and sound. "I don't know. We all don't know."

"I keep... hearing their voices when I sleep," Sooyoung faintly said, her eyes staring into something but they weren't exactly there to be called 'staring' since her mind was at another place of its own. "They all sounded so happy, unharmed and... peaceful."

Their converasation had to end immediately when they heard Yuri started screaming hysterically. The other two members, Taeyeon and Tiffany who were taking a nap, had to be woken up abruptly to the sound of their friend shouting three familiar names.

Jessica was the first who act quick, rushing towards Yuri's side and grabbing a hold onto her while trying her best to wake the girl up.

"Yuri. Yuri, wake up, it's a dream. Kwon Yul, wake up, it's not real," Jessica exclaimed, the other members surrounding her as she shook the girl furiously while holding the urge to slap the girl awake. "Yuri, wake up!"

Yuri's eyes shot open, her eyes already b with tears as it trickled down her cheeks. She took deep and slow breaths as her eyes focused onto Jessica's warm ones, the latter caressing her hair gently in order to keep the distressed girl in a calm state. It was only a matter of seconds before Yuri started crying again, and embracing Jessica tightly as she hid her face against the girl's shirt.

"Ssh, ssh. It's alright, baby. It's okay. No more crying," Jessica softly whispered, welcoming the girl with a more gentle hug while rubbing Yuri's back for reassurance. She felt her shirt getting wet from the tears, but she didn't mind. Kissing the girl's forehead, she gave a short squeeze before letting go from the embrace and wiping the tears from Yuri's already wet eyes.

"I-I saw them..." Jessica frowned as Yuri started to stutter in her sentence, sensing that the girl would start crying again. "They were... they were s-safe, and I could... t-talk to them..."

Jessica sighed. "Seobang."

"Then they said... that t-they have to g-go, but I-I didn't want them to go and they said they n-needed to go but I still don't w-want them to go..." Yuri's eyes started to tear up again, causing her to let out a painful groan which then followed a series of cries. "I don't want them to..."

Jessica could only stay in silence, pulling the girl into another hug as she tried to contain her own tears that were trying hard to break her walls. She looked around at the members desperately, unable to talk when Yuri was starting to have her emotional breakdown.

"Jess," Tiffany spoke in English. "Let me comfort her. You can go fix yourself up first." The American knew that her friend was also about to cry as well, and she didn't want to see all of her members surrounding themselves with tears and sadness.

Jessica nodded, and waited for Tiffany to kneel down beside the crying member, allowing the girl to exchange positions as Yuri leaned her body against Tiffany's. Jessica got up as she watched how Tiffany embraced the fragile girl in her arms, singing her a soft lullaby of Yuri's favorite song. After a while, she excused herself from the scene.

Taeyeon couldn't help but to eye Jessica as the latter walked away from everyone else and stood as far as the back of the room. Following her quietly, she was nearly taken aback when she heard soft sniffs from the girl. Taeyeon placed her hand softly onto Jessica's shoulder, alarming the girl.

"Sooyeon." Jessica turned her head around, and immediately hid her head against Taeyeon's neck as she hugged the leader tightly. She let out soft cries, trying not to start bawl loudly while she felt Taeyeon wrapping her arms around her.

"I wanted to call Soojung..." Jessica said quietly, her head still on Taeyeon's neck. "I really want to... I just need to hear her voice, to make sure she's okay... but my phone's ing low on battery."

Taeyeon wanted to chuckle, but she couldn't. She would probably say the same thing if she was being Jessica.

And so, she stayed silent, wondering what the world's been up to after their disapperance.

:::

Thanks so much for the comments from the last chapter, it really makes me happy to hear that you're enjoying this twisted story of mine! I will try to reply all of you, like I promised!

Now, I want to know what are the advantages and disadvantages of this story, and how shall I improve it. Not only it will make the story even better, but it'll also help me as a writer who strives to appeal to many audiences. So, if you want to comment about that, feel free to do so!

See you in the next chapter, peeps~