Chapter 9

We Will Escape Together

Taemin saw the whole thing.  He saw Minho getting ready to jump to him.  He saw Minho get hit by an arrow.  He saw Minho fall to ground.  He saw Minho land on his head.  It was terrifying, seeing the only person who could keep you safe lying unconscious on the ground.  The only thing more terrifying was the fact that this person was also the one he loved.

Taemin immediately crossed the short distance to Minho, but didn't touch him.  Once he had heard that movement could make head injuries worse, whether that was true or not, he didn't know, but being safe couldn't hurt.  But what was he going to do?  His Minho was lying in front of him, unconscious, with an arrow sticking out of his shoulder and a potentially fatal head injury.  He knew nothing about how to treat these wounds... Then he remembered. Key did.

Taemin looked around.  There were arrows still falling from the sky, but they missed the two boys by several meters.  There were many trees.  All of them seemed healthy and wildlife climbed around in their branches.  There were splotches of moonlight littering the ground.  There were many things,  but there was no Key.  Taemin turned around the face the wall.  It was covered with vines that crept all the way to the top.  A horrible thought hit him.  What if Jonghyun and Key never made it over?  He shivered at the idea of that happening and stopped thinking about it.  

Taemin convinced himself that Jonghyun and Key had made it over, and they were safe.  So he decided to find them.  He looked at Minho.  His face was peaceful.  Too peaceful.  Almost like he would never open his eyes again.  Taemin shook the frightening idea out of his head.  He was still breathing; therefore, he was alive.  

Taemin quickly bent down and placed a small kiss on his loved one's forehead.  "I'll be back,"  he whispered, squeezing Minho's limp hand.  It was warm and gave him hope.  "I'll bring help," he promised.  

Taemin let go of Minho's hand and stood up.  He dug through a small pack of supplies and pulled out a rope.  He tied one end to a tree nearby, the other end around his waist.  The last thing that he needed was to get lost.
 

 

Taemin assumed he had searched for about four hours.  Dawn was breaking and the birds were chirping happily.  But there was no sign of Key or Jonghyun, or any other human for that matter.  He untied the rope from the tree and his waist, rolling it up and stuffing it back into his bag.  It might prove to be useful later.  

He walked back to Minho.  He was in the same place and position.  Taemin kneeled next to the unconscious Minho and placed a hand on his cheek.  The tears he had been holding back for the past twelve hours finally spilled out.  How could his life have gone so wrong in such a short amount of time?  He now had no home.  Everyone in the village wanted him dead.  Both of his best friends were no where to be found, they might even be dead!  And lastly, the one he loved was laying right in front of him, in need of medical help.  And what could Taemin do?  Nothing.  He was worthless.

Tears poured from Taemin's eyes and rolled down his dirty face.  His breathing was heavy and uneven.  Sobs shook his small, weak body.  He hated this, hated being so weak and worthless.  All of this was his fault after all.

He cried until the sun was high in sky and he couldn't shed another tear.  His mind was clear now, he could think.  He had come to realize he needed to take action, because sitting around and crying wouldn't help their situation.  He looked at Minho once more, this time noticing that the arrow was still stuck in his shoulder.  The blood around the opening had dried and flies were swarming.  It needed to be removed.  Taemin nearly started to cry again.  How could he forget something so basic as this?  It could be infected by now.  He really hoped it wasn't.

Taemin grabbed hold of the arrow with sweaty hands.  He leaned down to kiss Minho on the forehead again.  "I'm sorry," he whispered.  "This is going to hurt."  
Taemin took a deep breathe in, then out.  He whispered sorry again before pulling arrow out of the flesh and laying it on the ground next to him.  Taemin was no medical expert, but he was positive that what he saw meant that the wound was healing.  It seemed to have stopped bleeding and was starting to scab.  Taemin sighed with relief.  At least there was one thing that didn't go horribly wrong.

 

 

A/N- I honestly don't know if deep wounds scab cause I have never had one, but I put it in there anyway, so please forgive me if im mistaken

also, sorry it's so short, I just wasn't very motivated.

people, you know what I love?

COMMENTS!