Chapter 4

We Will Escape Together

Taemin had been right.  Minho and Jonghyun got along very nicely, though not quite as well as Minho and Taemin were.  It had been three months since Taemin had broken his leg, and the doctor had finally told him his leg was healed.  As soon as the prince took the heavy cast off his leg, he was running around everywhere.  Minho was happy that Taemin was happy, but he liked when Taemin needed him.  He liked to help Taemin wherever he wanted to go. But seeing Taemin so happy and energetic he quickly got over it.


    "Goodnight, Taemin," he said, brushing Taemin's hair out of his eyes.


    "Goodnight, Minho," the boy said, closing his eyes and smiling.


    Minho stood up from the side of the prince's bed and walked to the door, turning around as he opened it.  He looked at the boy once more, his peaceful sleeping face, his relaxed position, and smiled to himself.  He closed the door gently and entered his room.  After closing the door to his own room, he leaned against it and sighed.  


    About two months ago Minho had come to the conclusion that he liked Taemin.  He liked Taemin a lot.  He knew Taemin liked him too, from the way he acted it was hard not to come to that conclusion.  Taemin always prefered to be around Minho rather than Key or Jonghyun, and he would smile and blush a lot around Minho.  Minho thought it was the cutest thing ever, but he still didn't tell Taemin about his feelings.  If he made one wrong move, the Queen could easily kick him out of the castle, banish him from the land, or behead him, and he would never seen Taemin again.  He, of course, wasn't sure this would be her reaction, but he didn't want to take the chances.


    He knew why Taemin hadn't confessed to him too.  Minho was good at hiding his feelings.  When he was around Taemin he wouldn't allow himself to blush or giggle or anything that showed that he had feelings for the boy.  He knew Taemin didn't know he liked him, and he wanted it to stay that way.  If Taemin ever told Minho how he felt, there would be no way Minho would be able to turn him down, so it was just better this way.  Atleast that's what Minho would tell himself.


    He pushed off the door and propelled himself onto his bed, face down.  He took off all but his boxers and rolled onto his back, leaving himself uncovered, and eventually his mind slipped into the land of dreams.
    
  

 

 

   Minho woke up, once again, to the warm sunshine caressing his face.  He smiled and sat up, yawning while his arms reached for the ceiling.  He slid on his commoner clothes, since it was Sunday and all, and made his way down stairs where he found the prince chewing on a piece of toast and the maid washing dishes.  Taemin looked up when he heard Minho comming down the stairs.  


    "Goodmorning," he greeted Taemin, bowing his head slightly.


    "Goodmorning!" Taemin replied happily, his mouth full of toast.  Minho resisted the urge to laugh.  He grabbed a peice of toast and nodded farewell to both Taemin and Key and walked out the door to meet Onew.

    Minho found Onew at the usual place, the bakery.  Onew's family had a thing for pasteries, therefore every Sunday Onew would be sent there to pick out their favorites.  Pasteries were so expensive that even Onew could only buy a few a week, and Onew was a noble.  


    "Hello," Minho greeted his friend, who was munching on some sort of bread.  Onew nodded at towards the seat directly across from him, telling Minho to take a seat.  Minho did so.  


    "Anything I need to know about that happened this week?" Minho asked, his elbow on the table between then, leaning his head on his hand.  


    Onew shook his head.  "It has been unusually uneventful around here, things are starting to get boring," Onew spoke while frowning.  "Anyway, how are things with prince charming?"  His frown turned into a smirk.


    Minho had told his best friend his feelings for Taemin as soon as he had figured it out for himself.  Onew was suprised, but took it well, like best friends do.  But also like best friends do, he teased Minho constantly about it.


    "He finally got his cast off."


    "Well, that's good!  Now he doesn't need you to take him everwhere he goes."


    Minho sighed, running his fingers through his long hair.  He closed his eyes momentarily before turning to look inside of the bakery where a little boy was helping a women set out delicious desserts.  "I'm not sure how I feel about that, though.  I liked the excuse for touching him.  Someone would realize something was going on if we made contact otherwise."


    "I guess that makes sense," Onew said, taking another bite out the bread.


    "It's so hard... He preactically thows himself at me!  I don't think I can keep denying him much longer."


    Onew shrugged.  "Then stop trying to deny him, embrace your feelings!"  Minho lolled his head to look at Onew with that you've-got-to-be-ing-joking look.  "What?!"


    "You know I can't do that!  What if one of his parents find out?  We would be in serious trouble," Minho said irritably.


    "You'll never know if you don't try."  To this Onew got no response, only a look of deep thought.

 



    Minho returned later than usual.  It was hours past sunset before he opened to door to the prince's wing.  As quietly as he could, he closed the door and took his coat off to hang it on the coat rack.  


    While walking down the long hallway towards the stairs, Minho noticed a light on that shouldn't be.  He entered the room to see if anyone was in there.  What he saw made him smile and sigh happily.  He walked over to the sleeping Taemin on the big red chair.


    "Taemin," Minho whispered, nudging the little prince's arm.  Taemin didn't even twitch.  Minho looked down at the helpless boy.  He knew that Taemin had fallen asleep there waiting for him to come back, this was where he was every Sunday when he came back.


    After various attempt, Minho soon realized the boy wasn't going to wake up soon.   He leaned down and took Taemin in his arm bridal style.  Unspurisingly, Taemin didn't even fidget.  Minho made his way upstairs into Taemin's room and lay him on the bed.  Minho tucked him in and brushed his hair out of his eye before kissing his forehead and wishing him a goodnight.
 

 

A/N- after this the story should get to moving faster and the actual plot will be set in action! :D

i will love you more than Minho if you comment