Chapter 10

We Will Escape Together

Minho's feet dragged against the bumpy ground.  His weight was almost impossible to lift.  Or at least for Taemin it was, who was a much smaller than the body he was trying to carry.  His legs were aching and wobbly and bloody from all the times he had tripped over roots and vines.  He hadn't been walking very long, only a day.  He had taken multiple breaks for food and water, which he was dangerously low on.  

He hadn't slept in forty eight hours; his body was dangerously weak.  If he was doing this for himself, he would have just given up and waited there until death crept upon him and saved him from suffering.  But he wasn't doing this for himself.  He was doing this for Minho, the one who had risked his own life to save him.  He would suffer for Minho.  He would save Minho if it took his life.

But he was oh so tired.  Would he be able to make it?  Where was he even be going?  Was there anything out there?  For all he knew, he was heading away from the only place that could help him, if that place even existed.

Taemin fell to his knees, his love falling with him.  His raw knees burned as they came into contact with the rough, dry dirt.  His hands hurt, his legs hurt, his head hurt, his heart hurt.  

He gripped each of his arms with his hands, digging his nail into the skin and biting his lip to keep from crying.  He was useless, and it would only get worse if he cried.  

But he couldn't help himself.  The tears poured from his eyes once more as his sniffled, blurring his vision.  He gripped his arms even tighter causing the finger nails to break the skin.  

Taemin leaned down onto Minho's chest and buried his face in the cloth, no longer being able to support himself.  

"I'm sorry Minho," he said, staining the boy's shirt with his tears.  "I'm so so sorry," he repeated.  He wrapped his thin arms around the warm body, crying himself to sleep.

 

Taemin heard a rustling sound nearby, his eyes snapped open and his first instinct was to look around.  He didn't see anything, but it was only morning, and there were many shadows in the forest.  A dangerous being could easily conceal itself in the darkness.  Taemin didn't like not knowing.  He was scared.

Taemin found himself extremely lucky that they hadn't run into any dangerous beasts yet.  He had only seen the occasional raccoon or snake, but nothing that threatened their lives even further.  

A twig snapped and Taemin immediately looked in the direction the sound came from.  His brain was still slow from sleep and his muscles were sore from carrying Minho.  He was weak with hunger and thist, but feared to eat and drink what small amount they had left.  If he got into a fight right now, unless it were with a rabbit, it was obvious he would not come out of it the winner.

Taemin reached inside his bag and pulled out a small knife.  He faced where he assumed the beast to be and shielded Minho.  

"Who-" Taemin stopped himself.  This thing probably wasn't human.  "Wh-what's there?"  

He raised the tiny knife in front of him as if he were defending himself.  He could see his arms shake as they held the almost worthless weapon.  He took a deep breath in and out, trying to gain bravery.

"Show yourself!" Taemin demanded, gripping the knife tighter and forcing his arms to stop shaking.

Taemin heard leaves crackle as the thing took a few steps closer.  A small figure arose from the shadows.  It had the shape of a person, a very small person.  As it came closer, Taemin discovered it was merely a child, a little boy.  He looked maybe half of Taemin's age.  He had wide innocent eyes and a face that resembled his love.  Because of that, Taemin relaxed slightly.

"Who are you?" Taemin asked the small boy.  "Why are you out here?"

"Y-yoogeun.  Can you please put the knife down?" He held his hands up, showing he had no harmful objects.

Taemin thought about this for a moment, but then decided to put the knife back in his bag after coming to the conclusion Yoogeun wasn't dangerous.  When the knife was safely put away, Yoogeun answered the second question.

"I'm from a very near village," he said.  He pointed at the body lying next to Taemin. "And I can help him."

 

 

A/N- i was just about to give up on this and start a new one, but then the most wonderful thing happened.  I got more comments and subscibers :D  So i wrote this instead of doing my homework, sorry its so short

and just a little info, Taemin is 13 and Minho is 15.  I kind of have a thing for young, innocent love.  :3 its so pure and sweet

comment please!