Chapter 8

We Will Escape Together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kEvF1blLEk

 

 

"Are you ready?" Minho whispered into his prince's ear.  He was nervous beyond belief.  His heart was pounding hard.  His hand which grasped Taemin's was sweaty and shaky.  But he kept his voice strong and confident.  He had to be strong for Taemin.  This was for him.  But what if someone recognized them?  What if they couldn't escape?  What if-  Minho stopped his thoughts there.  It was no use thinking of all the bad things that could happen.  After all, being positive lead to success.  He couldn't be positive right now, but he tried his best to stay away from negative thoughts.

Taemin nodded and squeezed Minho's hand tightly.  "I'm scared, Minho," he whimpered.  Minho could only squeeze the young boy's hand back.  In the end, he was scared too.

"Jonghyun, we're ready,"  Minho said and looked up at Jonghyun's dark figure.  He saw the figure's head nod and moonlight suddenly flooded the tunnel as Jonghyun opened the exit.  Jonghyun climbed out and held out his hand to help Key up.  

Minho looked over at Taemin, who's face he could now see.  Realizing this might be the last time he would see Taemin's beautiful face, he paid extra attention to the boy.  His red hair was dirty and tangled and frizzy, sticking to his face with sweat.  His pink lips were chapped and swollen from when he had bit them to keep from crying.  His fair skin was pale and had a few blemishes here and there.  But his eyes, puffy and red, which were looking back at Minho's, conveyed all the feeling his has ever felt for the older boy.  Minho tried his best to do the same, communicating how deep in love he was with Taemin through his eyes. 
Minho felt Taemin's thin trembling arms wrap around his waist.  He returned the gesture so they were embracing one another, but didn't break eye contact.  Minho slowly leaned down and pressed his lips against Taemin's.  It was a gentle kiss, and it was his first.  He was glad he was able to share it with Taemin.  

They stayed that way, wrapped in each others arms, lips pressed together, forgetting everything besides each other.  But reality wasn't kind enough to let them stay this way forever.  They broke apart and looked into each other's eyes once more before Minho grabbed Taemin's hand and pulled him to the ladder.  Minho followed Taemin up the ladder and out of the tunnel.  

Minho looked around, surprised.  This place in the village was usually busy, but since most of the villagers would be getting ready to attack, Minho assumed that it would be fairly empty.  He was wrong.  Young men were bustling around everywhere, weapons in hand and a fierce look on their faces.  They munched on bread and drank strong liquor.  They were stong and looked fearless.  These were their enemies, and Minho felt even more frightened.

  It seemed no one had seen them yet.  He looked at Jonghyun and Jonghyun motioned to follow him and be quiet.  Minho gripped Taemin's hand tighter and followed Key who was following Jonghyun.  Even though they were hidden in the shadows, Minho felt too visible.  Every step he took was too loud.  Every small breath he took sounded like a heave.  Every branch he bushed up against was an avalanche.

They crept through the shadows for what felt like forever until the trees which shadowed them disappeared.  Ahead of them was a field, a large one, filled with people and showered with moonlight.  It seemed cramped.  But they had to cross it in order to escape.  They had to cross it to keep Taemin safe.  Minho could see it.  The stone gate that had never opened for it led to the unknown no one was brave enough to venture into.  But it was so far away... and there was so many people in their way. 

Jonghyun pulled up his hood and stepped out into the field, blending in with the hord of people, holding hands with Key.  Minho turned around to look at Taemin, who seemed as scared as ever.  He cupped the small boy's face with his free hand.

"I love you,"  Taemin suddenly whispered.  "No matter what happens, I will always love you."  His eyes were teary and his lips were trembling. 

Minho placed a kiss on his prince's forehead.  "I know," he whispered back.  He pulled Taemin's hood over his head, then did the same.

They stepped out of the darkness and Minho immediately felt in danger.  He felt everyone's eyes on them, even though they weren't.  He felt the need to have Taemin by him.  He pulled Taemin closer, and told him to keep his head down.  Taemin did as he was told.  

Minho was walking fast, almost too fast for Taemin, who tripped more than a few times; however, the gate wasn't much closer than when they had started.  In fact, it seemed to Minho that it was actually farther away.  He quickened his fast pace.  This caused them to bump into many of the people they were trying to get through.  It wasn't a problem until Taemin tripped and fell, his hood falling off, revealing his face.

Minho hurriedly picked Taemin up and asked him if he was alright.  Before he got a chance to hear Taemin's answer, the worst possible event happened.

"It's the prince!" Minho heard a voice yell.  So he did the first thing his instincts instructed him to do.  He ran.  

"The prince?"  "Where is he?"  "It's the prince!"  The news spread like wildfire.  Every new voice that said something about the prince caused another wave of adrenaline to coarse through his veins.  His limbs felt heavy and he was tired, but he ran faster, pulling his beloved behind him. 


It took too long for them to reach the stone wall, everyone around them knew of their presence.  Minho quickly picked Taemin up, who grabbed the top of the wall and struggled to climb up.  An arrow barely missed his head as he pulled himself up.  Minho clawed at the stones, climbing his way up and bloodying his fingers.  He heard rocks hit the wall.  He soon made it to the top of the wall where Taemin sat.  Arrows whizzed past them at dangerous speeds.  Minho looked to his right.  Below was an angry mob of barbarians who threw anything they could up at them, desire to harm them raging in their eyes.  He looked to his left.  It was a forest.  A thick forest with untamed vines and wildflowers and probably beasts.

"Taemin, give me your hand," Minho ordered.  Their hands intertwined again.  Taemin's sweat burned the wounds on Minho's hand.  He ignored the pain.  Taemin threw his other leg over the left side of the wall and slid downwards.  

"Taemin, I'm letting you go on three, okay?"  Taemin nodded as a rock hit Minho's back.  "Three, two, one!"  Minho let go of Taemin's hand and the boy tumbled to the ground.  He looked up at Minho, informing the older that he was okay.  Minho let out a sigh of relief.  Taemin was safe.  Everything would be okay.

Minho changed his position, getting ready to jump down to Taemin.  He felt another rock hit his back.  Pain exploded where it had hit.  He let out a grunt and prepared to jump.  Before he could,  he felt a much sharper severe pain hit his shoulder with enough force to knock him off the wall.  His life flashed before his eyes.  He felt the sensation of free fall not for a second as the world blurred together around him.  He passed out as he landed on his head.

 

A/N- sorry this took forever! i got my first case of writers block...

im not sure if i like this chapter or hate this chapter. theres something wrong with it, yet something right. oh well!

COMMENT PLEASE