Chapter 7

We Will Escape Together

  
    Minho finally broke the long silence.  "...what?"


    "Minho, they are unhappy that the king is raising their taxes!" Onew explained hurridly.


    Minho shook his head, trying to get rid of the confusion.  "But the king is good to them, why should they be mad?"


    "That's the reason!  They are too spoiled!  The king lets them have whatever they want so now something they don't agree on happens, they fall back into extreme measures."


    "What about the nobles?  They have enough money, extra taxes shouldn't be any trouble for them.  Why aren't they trying to stop this?"


    Onew sighed.  "We aren't stupid.  They said if we didn't support them that they would kill us too."


    Minho's head fell into his palms and he had to sit down on the couch.  He didn't understand.  "What does this have to do with Taemin though?"


    "They want to over run the royal family and replace them.  The leader of the rebellion is going to be king.  If Taemin lives, he is still the rightful owner of the throne."  Onew sat down next to Minho.  He body was stiff and he looked uncomfortable.


    "How prepared are they? When will this happen?" Minho asked.  He realized whether he was confused or not didn't matter.  He needed a plan to save Taemin.  


    "Tomorrow night.  They have swords and spears and bows and arrows, Minho, they have everything!"


    Minho thought a moment.  That meant that they would need to leave tomorrow morning at the latest.  That was too soon. But he would make it happens, for Taemin.


    "I know you're going to escape with him... I told your family, they wanted me to tell you that they love you and they wish you the best."  Onew placed his arms around the shoulders of the slumped figure next to him.  Minho looked up and found his best friend smiling sadly.


    Minho wrapped his arms around his best friends and squeezed him.  "Thank you so much...."


    "You would have done the same for me."  Onew hugged his friend back.  


    Minho stood up and let his arms fall to his sides uncomfortably.  "Can you tell my family I love them?"


    Onew nodded and stood up, then walked to the door and opened it for the friend he was never going to see again.  Minho bowed before exiting the house and stood facing Onew.


    "Be safe."  Those were the last words he said before closing the door.  


    "Of course," Minho muttered.  Then he turn around and ran.  He ran for Taemin.

 




    Taemin and Key both looked like they were about to pass out.  Jonghyun, having been raised to make desicions in stressful stressful situations like this, began to think of the best way out of this.  


    Taemin regained his composure earlier than anyone thought he would.  "What am I going to do?"


    "WE, Taemin.  What are WE going to do," Minho corrected.  The two others nodded. The younger boy didn't protest.  He felt comforted by the idea he wasn't going to have to escape this alone.  The fact the it was Minho, Key, and Jonghyun just made it that much better.


    "What are we going to do...?" the prince repeated, only much quieter.  His face seemed unnaturally pale and his eyes were wide and scared.  Minho was at a loss for words.  He didn't know what to tell his prince.  Surely he couldn't tell him everything would be alright, that's what people say before things don't turn out alright.  


    "There's a passage way."  Everyone looked up at the speaker, Key.


    "Where does it lead?" Jonghyun asked.  


    "Behind the flower shop, no one knows of it except for me.  It's big enough for all of us to fit through."  Jonghyun absorbed this bit of information, and he began to form a new plan. 


    "Where would we go from there?" Taemin's voice was shaky, unsure.


    "Outside."  Jonghyun spoke with confidence.


    Taemin's eyes widened even more.  "W-where?"  Minho was shocked.  Had he heard right?


    "Outside," Jonghyun spoke again.


    "Jjong!  We don't even know what's out there!  There are walls up for a reason!" Key wasn't fond of this idea.  Wasn't fond of it at all.  No one knew what was outside.  No one was courageous enough to venture.  It was the unknown. 


    "Where else are we supposed to go?"  Jonghyun looked at Key.  His eyes were hard and serious.  "I'm open to suggestions."  Silence.  "I say we take our chances."

     Minho had to agree with this.  If there was even a slight chance that it would spare Taemin's life, he would take it, no matter the risk.  Taemin nodded in agreement.  Once seeing Taemin agree,  Key did the same. 


    "When do we leave?"  Minho asked.  Now that they had some form of plan, he was much more confident that they had a chance of surviving. 


    "Tonight," Jonghyun answered.  No one seemed to think of a better time, so they prepared for their departure. 

 

 

 

A/N- since i didn't build much on Minho and Onew's friendship I decided not to make it dramatic or anything. 

Also, i hope youll forgive for making such a crappy chapter?  I wanted to post this before I went to Sky Ranch(aka the worst camp ever) for the next three days, no electronics there, so no updates :(

i might write one on my phone on the bus ride there tomorrow morning, but its not likely

COMMENT PLEASE? :D