Chapter 6

We Will Escape Together

    "Minho!" Key screamed from the kitchen.  


    Minho didn't even look in that direction, he was too focused on the task at hand: beating Taemin.  He moved his knight, the next step in plan.  He watched like a hawk and Taemin moved his bishop just like Minho thought he would.  He relocated his rook.  Just one more move.  One more move and-


    "MINHO!"  Key screamed right beside Minho's ear, causing both Minho and Taemin to jolt.  The chess board fell to the ground and Minho almost passed out.  He had never beaten Taemin at chess before and he was SO CLOSE.  He glared up at Key.


    "What?" he said rudely.


    Key placed his hands on his hips.  "I've been screaming at you for the past ten minutes!  How come you didn't answer?  I can't scream at everyone all the time!  Do you know what will happen if I lose my voice?  I won't be able to talk!" Minho liked the sound of that.  


    Key continued to go on for another minute or so before taking a deep breathe.  "Anyway, you have mail."  Key threw the letter at Minho as if it were a brick and could actually inflict damage on him.  The letter landed neatly in Minho's lap and Key spun around heading back towards the kitchen.


    Minho looked at the letter.  He was confused.  He never got letters.  NEVER.  Not during Christmas, not during his birthday, not for anything, not from anyone.  He was almost scared to open it.  It might hold something horrible.  Like what?  He didn't know, and that's why he was almost scared to open it.  But he figured it needed to be read and that was why it was sent.


    Minho carefully opened the letter and placed the slightly crumpled envelope on the arm of the chair and pulled out the piece of slightly crumpled paper it was carrying.  He carefully unfolded the letter and read it.


    
    Choi Minho,
        I have very important news for you.  Come to my house tomorrow at noon.
                        Your friend,
                            Onew



    After reading the letter he was even more confused.  It was Thursday, what couldn't wait until Sunday?  What was so important Onew couldn't wait three days to tell him?  The curiosity was already killing him.  Was it good news?  Was it bad news?  He hoped not.  His thoughts were interrupted by Taemin.


    "Minho?  Are you okay?" Minho looked up from the letter to see a worried Taemin.  


    Minho nodded.  "Onew just wants to meet me tomorrow instead of on Sunday.  Would it be okay if I left at noon tomorrow?  I think it might be something important."


    "Of course!"  Taemin said.  "I hope everything turns out well."  Taemin stood from his seat across from Minho and took a seat next to the older boy.  Taemin reached out and grabbed Minho's hand, entwining his slim fingers with Minho's strong ones, and squeezed gently.  Minho turned to look out the window to hide his blush from the prince, but he squeezed the frail hand back.  Taemin leaned his head on Minho's shoulder, making the older one blush even more.


    They sat there for what Minho thought seemed like forever.  He would have it no other way.  There was nothing that could be better than this.  Taemin's delicate lavender scent and steady breathing relaxed him.  It was quiet enough for the prince's barely audible snoring to be heard.  After making this observation, Minho realized his prince was asleep.  He very carefully turned away from the window, trying not to jostle too much, and looked at Taemin.


    Taemin looked like he always did; gorgeous.  Even with his mouth more than gaping open and drool dripping from his chin he was still the most beautiful thing Minho had ever seen.  His cheeks were red from the heat and some of his hair was stuck to his forehead with sweat.  It was summer after all, and Taemin was wearing an awfully heavy cloak.  


    Minho really didn't want to disturb the prince's sleep, but he figured it would be best for Taemin's health to help him cool down.  He let go of Taemin's hand and stood up, adjusting Taemin's posture so he leaned on the back of the chair.  Taemin's head lolled to the other side and he coughed as the saliva went back down his throat rather than out of his mouth.  Minho chuckled.  


    "Wake up, Taemin," Minho quietly said.  He nudged Taemin and Taemin stirred.  "Taemin, I just need you to change your clothing.  Then, you can go sleep in your bed, it'll be much more comfortable."


    Taemin opened his eyes lazily and rubbed them with one hand while placing his other one on Minho's shoulder.  "Ineeelpu..." he mumbled tiredly.  


    "Huh?" Minho asked.  Taemin mumbled his nonsense once more.  The message wasn't any clearer than the first time.  "Taemin, I can't hear you.  You're going to have to speak clearer.


    "INEEDHELPUP."  


    Minho smiled.  "Could've just said so."  Taemin mumbled some more nonsense, but Minho didn't ask what he said this time.  Instead he placed his hand on both of Taemin's sides and pulled him up.  Taemin stumbled into Minho and Minho nearly fell down.  He wrapped his arm around the skinny boy's waist and trudged up the stairs to Taemin's room, supporting the little one's full weight.


    He sat Taemin down on the bed and stripped him of most of his clothes.  As soon as his clothes were off, Taemin layed back onto his bed, not moving again.  Minho tried not to laugh.


    "Goodnight, my prince."




    After a late breakfast, Minho made he way to his best friend's house.  Along the way, he noticed many weird things.  For instance, things like the bakery and the floral shop were closed.  This was weird considering that the weekends were their busiest.  For another instance, places like the blacksmiths and stores that sold farming tools were filled.  It wasn't even hunting season, or farming season for that matter.  These happenings confused Minho, but he found it within himself to ignore it.  Maybe it was just one of those days?


    Minho stopped walking when he got to an enormous house, not as big as the castle of course, and knocked on the wooden door.  Almost instantly, Onew opened the door and pulled him inside before quickly shutting the door again.  


    "What did you want to tell me?" Minho asked.  Onew looked up at him with scared eyes.  He opened his mouth, but nothing seemed to come out so he closed it again.  This happened a few more times before Minho told him to spit it out.  Onew took a deep breath.


    "The commoners are going to attack the castle.  They plan to kill Taemin."

 

 

A/N- oh shhhhnap, whats going to happen now? only i know of course

anyhow, im so glad for my four subscribers :D thank you sooo much,  i was able to write this chapter because of you!

 

@Kayamalie- THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, you are indeed awesome. thankyouthankyouthankyou

I hope this one is better?  I extra edited it and tried to add as much detail as possible

 

@Mistral-  yes, that picture is of Minho's guard uniform

also, Minho's job is only to protect Taemin from enemies, Key's job is to take care of Taemin when he has things like a broken leg, but Minho wanted to take care of Taemin's broken leg so he asked Key, I hope that makes sense?

 

PLEASE COMMENT!