Chapter 5

We Will Escape Together


    "Minho!  Can we finish now?  We've been doing it for two hours!" Taemin whined, making the cutest, most persuading pout he was capable of.  But Minho wasn't affected.  The had been practicing swordsmanship (A/N- totally not sure if that's a word?) for the past few hours outside in the grass arena.  Taemin had given up an hour ago.  His perfect hair was dripping with sweat, his limps were aching, and the wooden sword felt unbelievably heavy in hand.  He felt like passing out.


    Minho was different.  For him, the first hour was just a warm-up.  He was hyped and ready to go again.  And then again and again and again.  And maybe again.  "Taemin," he said.  "If you don't get this right how are you going to defend yourself on the battlefield?"  He wiped his sweaty forehead with the back of his hand.


    "I don't plan to be on the battlefield!  You know I hate fighting!" Taemin threw the sword on the ground and stomped on it.


    "What if your life is in danger?"  Minho asked, picking the sword up off the ground and wiping the dirt from it.  


    "Then I'll die," Taemin crossed his arms and looked at the ground, his auburn hair covering his eyes that would reveal his bluff.  He wouldn't leave Minho alone, even if that meant he'd have to kill someone to come back to him.


    "I won't let that happen," Minho said sternly.  He forced Taemin's skinny arms apart and wrapped his thin hand around the hilt of the blade.  Minho tilted Taemin's head up with his finger and looked into the prince's eyes.  "Will you please try it again?  For me?"  Taemin hesitated for a second before nodding and tightening his grip around the handle of his weapon.  "Good," Minho said patting Taemin's hair, making him blush and look away.  


    "Are you ready?" Minho asked after they had gotten into their positions once more.  Taemin nodded.  "Okay... Go!"


    Minho charged at Taemin with his wooden blade in hand, pointing straight at Taemin.  Minho swung at Taemin and the prince crouched as Minho ran right past him.  He stood up, facing Minho's back and placed his weapon on Minho's shoulder.


    "So you finally got it?" Minho teased as his turned his head slightly, getting a glimpse of the panting Taemin from his side view.  The prince dropped his sword and jumped up and down, doing a little happy dance.  


    "Minho!  I did it!" Taemin jumped on Minho and wrapped his arms around him.  He looked up at Minho with a smiling face.  Minho smiled too.  He knew Taemin was getting really tired and, though he wouldn't admit it, he was getting tired as well.  And why wouldn't he want to see the boys bright face after accomplishing something he worked so hard on?  So what if he let Taemin cheat the last time?  Taemin had Minho to protect him and that was all that he needed.      


    They heard the gate creak open and looked up to see Jonghyun walking towards them. "Key says that dinner is ready and if you two want to eat you should hurry back," he stated.


    "Goodness!  I just realized how hungry I am!"  Taemin looked down at his flat stomach and rubbed it.  


    "Then hurry!" Jonghyun said, pushing Taemin out of the gate and towards the castle where the three found a hot meal waiting for them.

 




    "Key, I think your cooking is even better than my moms," Jonghyun said honestly, slumping slightly back in his chair.

    Key grinned and said thank you while he took the dishes into the kitchen.  The three others were all too full to get up out of their seats.  They just sat there until Key came back out of the kitchen with two buckets.  He set one in Minho's lap and the other in Jonghyun's.  "Go get water," he commanded and left the room before any protests could slip past the two's lips.  Minho groaned as he got up and followed Jonghyun out the door and headed in the direction of the river.  


    About half way there, Jonghyun suddenly spoke.  "You can't just let Taemin think he's doing well like that.  Especially with his sword skills; he really needs to develop those."


    "You saw that?" Minho sighed.


    "Yeah, if he doesn't understand that he isn't doing well and doesn't try to improve, then he really will be in danger."


    "I know," Minho said, suddenly feeling really guilty for letting Taemin slack off.  He spoiled the boy too much.  "I'll try not to do it again..."


    "Good."  The older boy smiled and patted Minho on the shoulder.  "Let's hurry this up before Key gets pissy for us taking too long."
    Minho nodded.  And so they hurried back.



    That night Minho had sleeping for no reason in particular, he just couldn't sleep.  He sat up and looked out his window.  He guessed he had been laying in bed for about four hours, so that would mean about five more hours until the sun would grace the kingdom with it's presence.  


    Minho eventually gave up on the idea of sleep and decided to go visit the only thing that could relax him; Taemin.  He threw off his covers and rolled out of his bed.  After slipping on his slippers, he exited through his door and entered through Taemin's.  He took the seat next to Taemin's bed and just looked at the young prince.  He was beautiful.  The moon was shining through the window over the head of his bed, making his fair complexion look even more perfect.  Shadows of his eyelashes were projected onto his cheeks.  Soft hair fanned out on the white pillow; a few strands falling into his face, untangled and silky.  His slightly opened lips were a perfect pale pink and looked incredibly kissable, though Minho didn't dare taint these lips with his own.  He was too perfect.  


    Even though these two weren't lovers, Minho felt grateful for having Taemin in his life.  He was really just a normal human male who was unworthy of Taemin's company, but that didn't stop Taemin from loving him or Minho from loving Taemin.  But this friendship was enough for Minho.


    He continued to stare a Taemin and resisted the urge to tuck away the hair dangling in his face, he couldn't wake sleeping beauty up.  He only stopped when the moon started to make way for sun and dawn came, bringing along the sound of chirping birds.  


    He quietly stood from his seat and bent down so the sleeping figure was only a few centimeters from his face.  He kissed the boy's forehead, barely touching his lips to the smooth skin.  He smiled softly when Taemin didn't even stir.  


    Minho quielty walked to the door and looked back at his prince, yes, HIS prince, before leaving the perfect being behind.

 

 

 

A/N- yay! first comment :D so happy, i love you soo much first commenter!

so i checked my top 25 played songs on my ipod last night and number 1 was Romeo + Juliette with 828 plays, impressive no?

anyways, please comment!