Chapter 3

We Will Escape Together

"Taemiiiin!~ Guess who's back?"


    "Key!" Taemin's face suddenly brightened and he hobbled towards the font door to welcome his maid back home.  Key gasped when he saw Taemin injured leg.  Key ran to the prince and embraced him tightly.


    "Oh my! What happened to your leg?!" Key looked into Taemin's eyes, obviously worried.


    "I fell down the stairs," Taemin said quietly, blushing and slightly embarrased at his own clumsiness.


    "Well atleast you're okay now," Key said, smiling sweetly.  "Who's been taking care of you?"  


    Taemin met Key's eyes again and smiled even brighter than before.  He pointed over at Minho.  "Minho has!  He and I are friends now!"


    Key patted Taemin's head affectionatly.  "Good for you!  Are you hungry?  I'm sure you haven't had a decent meal since I left, what would you like to eat?"  Key walked to the kitchen, not giving Taemin a chance to answer.  "How about I just make beef?  I know it's your favorite!"


    Taemin didn't respond to his maid and Minho took him into the dining room where he helped the prince sit down.  They soon heard sizziling and the declicious scent of beef wafted into the room making both of the boy's mouths water.  Not long after the sizziling stopped Key came in skillfully balancing three full plates in his hands.  He set the plates down on the table and took his own seat. 


    The three of them sat, eating peacfully until Key almost jumped out of his seat loudly exclaimed that he remembered something that he needed to tell them.


    "Jonghyun is coming back soon!" Key told them happily.  Taemin almost jumped out of his seat as well.  He threw his arms in the air and shouted a loud 'yay!' a couple of times before settling down and starting to talk to his maid about when Jonghyun would be back.  It was obvious Key was just as excited as Taemin.
    Taemin and Key continued to talk about Jonghyun until Minho interuppted them.


    "Umm.... Who is Jonghyun?" he asked.


    Key gasped. "Oh! I forgot you didn't know him."  Minho nodded.  "He left to travel the world about a week before you came here.  He will be Taemin's 'brains' when Taemin is crowned King."


    Taemin looked at Minho and nodded.  "He is really nice though!  I've known him just as long as I've known Key!"  Minho wondered why he had never heard of this man.  Then he realized it was probably because he had never listened before.  "I think you'd like him," Taemin continued.  Minho shrugged.
    After they had finished all of their food, Key picked up all of the dirty dishes and placed them in the sink to wash later.  Taemin streched and yawned, a sign that he was tired.


    "Are you ready to go to sleep?" Minho asked the prince.  Taemin just nodded and reached his hand towards Minho, asking for help out of his chair.  Minho took the hand and pulled Taemin out of his seat.  Minho wrapped his arm around the wobbly boy and they journeyed upstairs into Taemin's room.  Minho sat Taemin down on his bed and took the heavy robes off of him, leaving only the thin underdress. (A/N: sorry that sounds so feminine) Taemin layed down on his back while Minho tucked the blankets in around him.  


    "Goodnight Minho," Taemin said, rolling over in his bed to face Minho.


    "Goodnight Taemin," Minho replied, bowing.  He exited the room and closed the door quietly.  Outside the room, he turned around to face a bowing Key.


    "Thank you for taking care of him while I was gone," he said.  Minho nodded.  "Honestly, if you weren't here it probably would have been a day before anyone found out he was hurt."


    "Well, protecting him is what I'm here for," Minho said with a smile.


    "Now that I'm back you won't have do it anymore, but thank you again." The maid bowed once more and started to turn away, but a large hand on his shoulder stopped him.  


    "Would it be okay if... could I... continue to take care of him?" Minho asked.  He really liked being close to the boy.  Having a friend in the castle was nice, and he didn't want things to go back to the way they were.  He still wanted to talk to Taemin, he wanted more than to just say Goodmorning and Goodnight.  Taemin was a good person and Minho could see them becoming good friends.


    Key smiled. "I was hoping you would asking something like that.  I think he likes you, and you could really use someone to talk to around here."  Minho smiled.  "I will let you continue to take care of him, but I still get to make breakfast."


    Minho bowed.  "Thank you."  Key went to his room and Minho went to his.  He changed in his sleepwear and plopped down on his bed, pulling the covers up to his chin.  He very quickly fell asleep.

 

 

A/N- no comments or subs, does it that badly? ._.

Anyhow, yes, key is tha maid. YAY KEY

please comment?