Prince Charming Not 3/3

Key To Another Life

I rose up from my bed like a person that was being controlled by a remote. I was about to lie down again, but failed. I didn’t realise that I was on the brink of falling and then slipped off the side of my bed. Awesome way to start the day right? Awesome, just awesome. I rubbed my eyes and felt something moist. I led my hand to my other eye and was surprised to see clear liquid. Was I crying in my sleep? Nonono because I am a MAN! A ‘VERY’ MASCULINE AND CONFIDENT MAN. SO MASCULINE THAT I COULD LIFT A BUILDING And… Oh, I give up.

 I literally had to crawl to the bathroom because of how weak I felt. As I came closer to the door, I realised that I had to turn the handle so I could get into the freakin’ bathroom. I don’t want to stand up though! I attempted to stretch my arm to just grab the door handle, but accidentally fell forward and hit my head on the door. I looked up at the handle and started cursing at it. I’m not crazy… well, I hope I am not. I groaned really loudly as I got up from my sitting position and kicked the door open instead. It swung open, the finale being it smashing into the wall with a big bang. MISSION COMPLETE!

I had some time to do my ‘business’, take a shower, thoroughly brush my teeth, wash my face, apply toner, sunscreen etc. I changed into my uniform and then went to do my favourite part which is… doing my hair~ I grabbed my straightener, expensive gel and hairspray. I looked into the mirror ahead of me. What should I do today? Of course, since I only had a little time left, I went with the original. There was some twisting here, spraying there and straightening somewhere else. Done~

I touched my chin and admired my handsome face. I swung my bag over my shoulders, fixing the twisted straps that really could have given me a bruise. I couldn’t be bothered walking down the stairs so I just opened my window and then slid down the pole on the side of the house. I landed with a thud on my feet. I yelled out in pain from the after effects. The sight was not pretty.

I ran to school. I could feel the wind slapping me in the face as I ran up the hill. Perspiration flying in all different directions and some landing in my hair.

With an effort of trying to arrive at school in 10 minutes, I actually made it. I quickly ran to the hall, but was startled to hear the bell ringing, signalling that period 1 had started. Crap! I ran straight to my locker and tried very hard to open it. I grabbed my books and then headed to my first class which was textiles.

I walked lightning speed to class 6B and saw that the door was open and I could see the teacher writing some theory onto the board through the window. This was my chance to get into class without being caught. I tip toed to the entrance and I saw that some girls were squealing. I shushed them and they immediately saw my problem. Everyone was waving their arms about, telling me to quickly come in. There was just one person that didn’t care less and that person was none other than Sora. I was a bit disappointed to see that she didn’t even care. If I had to jump off a cliff with the waters below infested with sharks, she would just walk off into the distance and leave me to die alone.

I ran into the classroom and quickly sat down in my seat. I took a tissue from my pocket and then wiped my sweat off my face. The tissue that was now sitting in the rubbish bin was covered in my sweat. I looked over at Sora to see that she was slowly falling asleep. That was strange.  She wouldn’t be like this at all. She was a total goodie- goodie at school. Sora was always very alert and happy, but today she was nearly asleep in the middle of theory.

I immediately looked straight ahead when I heard the teacher whipping her stick on the worn out edge of the desk. Sora did the same and looked startled for a while.

“Ok, class? Today we will be looking at some students design for the term assignment. Since everyone else has presented their marvellous pieces, I would like Jungkook and Sora to come to the front and show us what they have concluded with. Jungkook? Sora?”

Sora looked at me and I looked back at her with worried eyes. She took out a gift bag from her backpack and I did the same. Whew… lucky… I worked on it last night. We both walked to the front of the class, being very cautious. Everyone’s eyes were now focused on ours. I could feel the teacher staring down my back. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply.

“Ummmm… well… I was partnered up with as you know, Jungkook and our theme was ‘Prince Charming Not’. For this theme we tried to make it so these outfits actually had a story about royalty with a normal teenager. This makes the title itself, quite self-explanatory. I will now show you the outfit that I designed.”

I watched with amazement as Sora pulled out the finish piece and started dressing the mannequin, which made me blush, considering that the clothes were actually for me. She finished pulling up he sleeves and then stepped back. Everyone started to stare with amazement. I looked at Sora in the eyes and I saw that she was trying to tell me something. She waved her hands gently behind her back and I thought that she farted, but then I realised that she was telling me to go next.

“Ohhh… ahhh? Well, since the outfit that was designed for me by Sora had a cool vibe to it, I had to soften that out and match the theme by making her a dress. This dress is a mint green that is complimented with white lace and pearl embellishments. I present to you the dress that I made for my partner Sora.”

 I carefully took the dress out of the floral bag and then started slipping it onto the mannequin on my side. I pulled the zip up and stepped back. Everyone started to cheer and clap, causing the class to become a public circus. I turned the mannequin around and then breathed in.

“The back of the dress has a heart shaped cut-out which makes it feminine and also a big white bow that hangs at the back, making it a bit of a preppy style outfit. I spent many hours trying to perfect this.”

I put my hand out and surprised everyone with all the band aids on my hand and fingers.

“As you may probably tell, I am no very good at it so I hurt myself many times while trying to put the dress together. I put a lot of thought and effort into this piece and I hope that my partner likes it.”

I could hear people shouting out encouraging comments. I bowed and looked at Sora. I could see that she was amazed at the dress. She looked up at me and mouthed something that I couldn’t understand. I shook my head, trying to tell her that I didn’t get her message. She sighed and looked back at the class. We both bowed in sync.

“Thank you for your time.”

We both took our designs off the mannequins and sat back down at our desk. Just as the teacher was about to say something, the bell rang for period 1 ending. Everyone boarded out of the classroom and moved on.

Classes went by like wind. School ended and I just shoved my books into my bag and locker. I ran to the entrance of the school and waited for Sora. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me. The same girl that was in my conscious was standing right next to Sora, but of course she was invisible. Suddenly, out of nowhere, my eyes widened even more and then I saw Sora being tripped, strangled, tugged, pushed, stabbed with knives, cut. One word summed up all these actions. Tortured. She was being tortured right in front of me by these strange looking people. They had pitchforks and messed up uniforms. The look of zombies, but more leaning into the drunken picture. I don’t know! I tried to run up to her, but my heart suddenly felt empty and it stopped beating. I thought this is it. I am dying. I looked at her ruined figure one more time and fell to the ground, weak. No energy. Helpless.

Life then became light again. I snapped out of my thought and was engulfed by the bright sunlight. Sora was now walking my way. I rubbed the temples of my head and automatically smiled when I saw her laugh on the phone.

“Nae~. Bye, darling. Talk to you soon. Nae~. Bye.” She hung up and then locked her phone, placing it into the front pocket of her backpack.

“Oh. Hi, Jungkook… Haven’t talked to you properly since yesterday. How are you?”

I stuttered at her sudden question and then calmed down.

“Fine, thank you~. You?”

“I’m doing fine.”

She then bowed and started walking off. I had to make her forgive me. I walked up to her and then grabbed her thin arm.

“Stop.”

I talked to her in a very firm and angry expression. She slowly turned her head around, looking at me with scared eyes. I stared into her eyes with anger, lots and lots of thoughts circling my mind while it is still trying to process this moment.

“I have to ask you to do me a life changing favour.”

“Y-y-y-es…?” I grabbed her shoulders with force and placed my face right in front of hers.

“Forgive me.”

“F-f-for w-w-w-wh-at?”

“What I did yesterday. Don’t try to act clueless and innocent to me. You know what I did and I am now apologizing and asking you to forgive me.”

“Jungkook, I am really conf-.”

I shut her up by gripping on tighter. She flinched and shuddered in pain. I didn’t care if she was to kick me in the private part (well… I do kind of really care if she does…). I need her to forgive me.

“I am so sorry for hurting you, Sora. Please forgive me, baby.” She looked at me with her eyes, glistening with tears.

“Jungkook… I am so confused right now.”

What does she mean by that? Did she suffer from short term memory loss? I looked her more seriously in the eyes. I saw a single tear drop from her waterline and land with a tiny splashing sound. I realised that her shoulders were now shaking like a broken tractor. I slowly let go and dropped my head onto her shoulder. I felt more shots of pain rushing through my heart. The pain was unbearable.

“Sora?”

“…… Yes…?”

“I am going to tell you what has been happening. Right here and right now.”

“Go ahead.”

“I have been getting these flashbacks and I don’t know why. They must have something to do with the future, but I am not too sure. I have been visited by this young girl that only has a mouth. She always says that I will find out who she is and she doesn’t even tell me a clue about herself. I am so confused. Just then… not long… I saw you.”

“Me? Of course you did. I was right in front of you.”

“No! In my mind. You were… were… were…”

She pushed me to face her and she looked serious.

“What did you see? Tell me!”

“You were… were… were… being… tor-or-ortured…!”

“What…?”

“Yes and then I tried to save you, but my heart suddenly was drained and it stopped beating. I THOUGHT THAT DIED AND I COULDN’T SAVE YOU OR SEE YOU EVER AGAIN! I DIDN’T WANT TO DIE AT ALL! I THOUGHT THEY YOU WERE GOING TO BE OUT OF MY LIFE FOR GOOD AND I WOULD DO THE SAME!”

I tried to calm down, but my heart was making me suffer. I slowly slumped to the ground in emptiness and then covered my wet face with my shaking hands.

“Why must this always hurt me…? Just tell me what the answer is…”

“Jungkook, we can work this out toget-“

“No! I don’t want you to waste your time on me. I am hopeless Nothing, but a failure.”

“No, I am not wasting my time, Jungkook. I will help you. Even if I had to give my soul to you. Anything for you…”

“Thank you, Sora…, but it is not as easy as you think…”

I looked at her as she crouched down to my level. I looked at her face over and over and over again. She was just too perfect. Too perfect to be with me. I am nothing. She is in a world more different in many levels than mine. I don’t deserve her.

She sniffled quietly and I smirked. I swept her hair away from her face and then caressed her cheek. I just loved the way her long hair cascaded down her perfectly proportioned figure. It was just not human.

I then leaned in closer and closer till our lips met. I softly kissed her lips. She then did the same. This was a sweet and cute way of love between a guy and his girl. She is now mine, but not for long. I smiled in between and she did the same. I could feel something wet drop on my hand and I realised that she was now crying. I slowly leaned back and looked at her small face.

“Are you ok?”

“I’m fine, but… it is just that I feel useless as a person. I will try really hard to help you, Jungkook. Trust me with your heart.”

“Of course I will. You are my whole world and I would do anything for you and I trust you. With all of my heart.”

She circled her arms around my neck and I hugged her back.

“I just… just… just… just… Kook-.”

“KOOKIE~ Nice to see you!”

I turned to my right and saw a tall figure in the distance and it had long hair.

I was startled…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: X100 90˚ bows.

I am sososososo sorry for not updating like I said I would! I have been blank for quite some while and I have been given many assignments from school. *continued in the next chapter

Please subscribe if you haven’t already and please comment to give me your thoughts about the story so far. I have again lost one subscriber…

I will try to update as soon as I can. I love you all for reading this story^^ JJANG!!! PEACE OUT!!!^^