Unconscious

Fabricating Stardust In Oblivion

Luck just wasn’t on my side. I clumsily tripped over my own foot and fell forward onto my front. I had my hand in front of me but my upper body hit the ground with a thump. My stomach felt like it was going to launch out of my throat and my heart too. All my internal organs shook in my body, as for my bones, I wasn’t so sure but I felt a stabbing pain in my chest.

How can I feel the pain when I’m already dead?

The question lingered in my head until I felt something clasped around both my ankles.

“Didn’t expect you to run so fast!” he snarled.

“Let me go!” I screamed and tried to wriggle my leg around to loosen his grip but it was useless.

He was dragging me along the sandy surface. The dust swept up and flew into my eyes. It was all over my face and I tried to dust it off. Then once again, I heard the muffling sound of those human eating monstrous caterpillars.

“Let go of me!” I shouted once he has stopped.

“Now that you’re here, it’s hard to go anywhere!”

Then he lifted me off the ground and threw me into the opened cage. I could see that my ear-splitting scream made him cover his ears but it had no effect towards the monsters. I landed on my sides in the centre of the cage. The beasts had their goggling eyes fixated right on me, I swallowed and tried to think of a way to get out but it was impossible. Every space and gap was occupied with the murky brown skin of theirs.

I was shaking all over. Their saliva dribbled out of their mouth as they slithered closer towards me. Me, their prey, surely I wasn’t big enough to feed them all?

A mouth as big as an open door gaped open, they could swallow me whole without chewing.

“Bye!”

The faint whisper of the demon who threw me in here reached me. He wasn’t Lay. I’m sure he wasn’t.

“Noooo!” I screamed when the monster’s mouth closed around me.

Then I hit a hard surface. It felt like carpet. Then I opened my eyes.

“Raine, are you ok?” Kai asked.

“Kai?”

“Yes, I’m Kai.”

“What happened?” I asked as he tried to get me up and seated on the sofa, “Where is Lay, where are the caterpillar looking monsters?”

“What are you on about, Raine?” he looked at me, very puzzled.

“Was I dreaming?”

“Probably, because you fell asleep while I was talking to you,” he said.

“Oh.”

I scratched my head and realised my body was fine. Everything around me still looked the same as before. But it felt too real to be a dream, I must be going crazy.

“Where is Lay and everyone else?” I asked.

“They are all upstairs in their room,” he told me, “I just came down to get a glass of water and heard you scream and then fell onto the floor.”

“Okay, thanks Kai.”

I got up and went upstairs to see Lay. I had to tell him about this weird dream. It probably didn’t mean anything but I just wanted someone to comfort me, someone to hold me and tell me everything is going to be alright.

“Lay?” I knocked the door gently, “Are you asleep?”

He opened the door and looked at me.

That guy in my dream wasn’t Lay; he just looked like Lay and sounded like him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked and took my hand, pulling me into his room.

“I had a really weird dream,” I started, “There was this black ink looking stuff under my bed and then my body started burning away when I touched it.”

I told him the rest of what happened while it was still clear in my mind.

“It’s just a dream, don’t worry about it,” he said, patting me on my head and ruffling my hair, “You need to get some proper sleep.”

“I will,” I said then headed towards the door but he pulled me back.

“I want you to sleep next to me, so that I know you’re safe,” he said softly and hugged me from the back.

I nodded and climbed into his single bed. It was small but cosy; I guess he was already in the bed because it was warm from his body heat.

“Sweet dreams,” he said and kissed the top of my head.

“I don’t want to dream of anything.”

“Okay, just sleep.”

Then my eyelids fell like red curtains at the end of a performance. But I knew that the performance had a sequel, a sequel where the casts disappears one by one. 

 

Aaa! It has been so long!

I bet most subscribers would see this update and think what the hell is this fanfic about and when did I subscribe to it!?!? XD

But if you still read it and remembered....Wooo!! A big thumbs up for you!!! Because you're amaxing!!! 

You know the drill....college, exams, work, no life, library turns into a second home etc...

Thank for reading.....if you're reading it!!! ^.^