Chapter 39

Cinderella

“Noona! Kai!”

The two perks up at someone’s voice and look ahead to spot Baekhyun waving enthusiastically at them.  Haerin had just realised that she didn’t have the chance to see the boys after that encounter with Nara in her apartment.  She glances at Kai and immediately knows that he’s thinking of the same thing.

“Should we tell them?” She asks.

“That’s up to you to decide,”

“I mean, it’s no big deal for me to let them know, and-“ She squints at the bunch and shrugs.  “Kyungsoo’s not there,”

Kai chuckles.  “It’ll be harder when he’s there?”

Contemplating, Haerin frowns.  “No, not really.  Just…”

“Weird,” Kai nods and laughs along with her.  

 

“Hi, kids,” Haerin greets them and high fives those who offers.  

“Kyungsoo-hyung has something to do, so he told us to leave first,” Sehun starts.

“Speak of the devil!” Haerin grins.  “I have something to tell you about Kyungsoo,”

Kai hides an amused expression at her straightforwardness.  You might think she’d be sensitive about what happened and wondered what it is Kyungsoo’s doing after school, but she’s definitely not concerned.

“What is it?” Suho glances at the others and then at Haerin.

“I broke up with Kyungsoo,”

Everybody had to take a moment to understand what she was saying before they explode in surprise.

“Holy !”

“You’re kidding?!”

“For real?!”

Sehun, who was drinking his juice, chokes loudly and that was enough to show them how much of a surprise it is.

Haerin presses her lips together and lets out a small shrug.  “Yup, just two days ago,”

The whole ruckus dies down and Haerin notices how they share a suspicious glance with each other.  “You’re right,” She sighs.  “It’s because of Nara,”

Now it’s Chanyeol’s turn to choke on his drink.  “How did you-“

“How could I not?” Haerin ties her jacket around her waist and fixes the straps of her bag on her shoulder.  

An awkward silence settles among them as they watch her put on her shoes.  When she stands straight, she reaches out to push at Sehun’s and Baekhyun’s head with a light laugh.  “Aigoo, you don’t have to look so miserable! I’m the one going through a breakup here,”

“It’s because we’re sorry, Haerin,” Suho speaks for them all.

“For what?”

“For, I don’t know, for having an inkling? And not telling you about it,”

“You guys had an inkling about this?” Haerin’s eyebrows shoot up in surprise.  “You really did?”

“Well,” Baekhyun nervously shuffles his feet.  “Well, you know, being friends with Kyungsoo-hyung….”

“And knowing what kind of person he was- or is…” Chanyeol continues.

“Yeah,” Sehun finishes, clearing his throat.  “ I mean, no, we didn’t hide it on purpose and we didn’t know that Nara-noona would be coming back either.  We didn’t- we just- you guys just looked so happy.  You especially, and you’ve become as precious to us too, noona, we just-“

“We didn’t want to ruin that,” Kai softly adds.

Haerin looks up at him dejectedly.  “You too?” And sighs when he lets out a little nod.  Her hands pull at her hair as she repeatedly stomps her feet.  “You guys are babying me so much, I can’t stand it!”

Haerin was far from angry at them, actually.  She was grateful for their concern and attention.  She was beyond thankful, beyond ecstatic.  Sure, she was taken aback to find out that they had a feeling things wouldn’t last between her and Kyungsoo, but she was relieved that they hadn’t mentioned it when she was still with him.  She knew that they knew that she wouldn’t be as happy as she would be if she didn’t know about it.  “Any more of your babying and I’ll seriously start crying,”

“EH?!”

It’s as if the word ‘cry’ set them loose.  They started fussing about how they should carry her bag for her so that she wouldn’t be tired, how they should tie her hair up so she wouldn’t feel hot and discomforted, even Chanyeol started singing nursery rhymes in front of her with Baekhyun.  Haerin didn’t think they got the point of her not wanting to be babied.  “You’re all like Jongin,” Haerin laughs.  “You just can’t see a girl cry, can’t you?”

“No, we can’t, we REALLY can’t,” They say altogether.

Bursting out in laughter, Haerin shakes her head at them.  They were seriously inexperienced in the field of being friends with girls.  “Okay, I won’t cry,” She chuckles when their face evidently relaxes.  “So now, let’s get our asses home,”

 

It’s not going to be so bad with these boys around, Haerin thinks.  It’s actually going to be pretty good.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Nara,”

The girl who hears her name spoken looks up from her desk and smiles when she recognises who had just called her.  As she tidies up her stuff, she responds.  “Aren’t you supposed to be walking your girlfriend home, Soo-yah?”

Kyungsoo blinks at the way she called him.  It was his nickname, way back when they were still close together.  Why is she still using it now? “We broke up,” He states quietly.

Chuckling, the brown-haired woman stands from her seat.  “Don’t tell me it’s because of me?”

Judging by the way Kyungsoo says nothing to her in response, Nara shakes her head as her suspicions are confirmed.  “I’m the worst you can ever end up with, Soo, don’t be an idiot,” She brushes against Kyungsoo’s shoulder on her way out.  “Go fix things up with her,”

“But I-“

“She’s nice,” Nara cuts him off.  “Haerin, was it? The teacher told her to take me around the school this morning.  And while I was busy being a total jerk at her face throughout the whole tour, she’s so patient at getting all the information across, I can’t help but take it all in.  I can tell; she’s a really nice person.  Back at the apartment, too, when I touched you.  Normal girls would start calling me names and hit me and push me away or something but she just went to the point and went, “Don’t touch him,”,” At the memory, Nara’s lips tilt to reveal a little smile.  “But I guess, I’m ruining someone else’s life again,” Her laugh rolls lifelessly from her lips.

Kyungsoo’s hand shoots out to stop her from leaving.  “It’s not gonna work anymore between me and her.  It can’t,”

Nara eyes the boy standing in front of her.  He was sad about his breakup, sure, but his eyes were so focused on her; she could only see someone that was in love.  Her eyebrows dig into her forehead.  “Then what are you hoping from me?” She wrenches her hand away from his touch.  “You want us to start over? Don’t you remember how easy it was for me to break your heart? Do you want that to happen again? Why would you have feelings for someone like me and break up with someone like her?”

“You can’t fight what you feel, Nara.  I can’t fight what I feel, and-“

“You claim that you’re in love with me when you don’t even know who I really am,” The girl hisses.  “Do you know how I manage to pay for my meals? For school?”

“What does that have to do with-“

 

“I sell my body, Soo,”

Kyungsoo freezes in surprise at what she had said.  Was he hearing things? Did she just say she-

“That’s right,” Nara clenches her jaw.  “Jongin might know how I steal things, but stealing’s not all that I do.  Now, I sleep with guys who ask for it and I get paid for it.  The money I get, I use to live,”

Kyungsoo steps forward after her confession.  “Why are you telling me this? Does everybody know?”

“They call me ‘’ already, even if I don’t tell them.  What difference does it make if they know and don’t?”

“Do you want to push me away that much that you’d tell me something like this?”

“Yeah,” Nara curtly says.  “Yeah, I do,”

“Why?”

“Because I can’t stand you,”

“What? Me?”

“You and all of your being in love ,”

“But I am in love,” Kyungsoo frowns at how the word comes out so easily when he’s facing Nara.  “With you,”

“Don’t lie to yourself, Soo,” The girl laughs bitterly, rolling her eyes.  “Who’d fall in love with a legit ?”

“I would,” He sternly says.  “And you can change,”

“No, I can’t,”

“You don’t have to sell yourself.  You can change,”

“No, I can’t,”

“Nara, you can get another job; I’ll help you.  You can-”

“No, I ing can’t!’ She whips her head and brings a hand to Kyungsoo’s face, the sound of skin meeting skin ringing throughout the corridor.  “Stop thinking that everybody’s a ing saint inside, Soo,” She rasps.  “Some people are born as devils.  You can’t make a saint out of a devil,”

“Then so be it,” Kyungsoo insists.  “I don’t care if you’re a devil, I don’t care if you’re satan’s daughter or whatever,” He takes her hand again.  “Just let me be there by your side,”

Nara narrows her eyes at the boy.  She can’t believe what he’s saying as much as she can’t believe what she’s hearing.  Two years, and the boy whose heart she had broken so mercilessly is back, as if to forgive her for what she did when she didn’t ask for forgiveness.  It was also as if she was being forgiven for what she’s doing.  “I don’t know if you’re just a ing jerk because you’re trying to date me only days after you broke up with your girlfriend, or you’re just a hopeless romantic,” 

Nara pulls her hand back again and turns to leave.  “But it’s a no,”

 

OMG OK

GUYS TELL ME WHAT U THINK

AND

 

ok some intermezzo

I just watched Red Velvet's Happiness MV right before I posted this chappie (you know, SM's new girl group)

and well, I can't say that I like the video, but I I can't say that I dislike the group and/or their song

it's pretty experimental, their music.  Like f(x)'s strong electronic, fast-paced singing stuff combined with SNSD's I Got A Boy's mumbo-jumbo of a song.

They're actually pretty cool, despite how everybody's bashing on them for lacking variety (i mean guys, like srsly?)

although I have to say that their debut is probably a way for SM to distract ppl from all the dating scandals and lawsuits and everything going on in their company and that's kind of mean for these girls

but oh well

Red Velvet's up for a rough start and they're going to have it tough

but I'm looking forward to their live perfs and varieties and the future of their music

bcs they're talented, judging from their vids from smrookies

and as much as I'm a huge, huge fan of YG Family as a whole (man, their music, their sense of togetherness, their passion, heck, they do music with their soul)

SM comes in a close second with their indisputable popularity and impact on the world

so i trust that they shall not disappoint

 

wtf is happening to f(x), though?

sulli wtf is she pregnant or something? first time i've heard a group stop their promotions so soon bcs of one member's inconvenience. i mean, sure, she's like getting all bashed because of her deal with Choiza or something but is that really it? why is SM making such a big deal out of it? lots of their idols get bashed in the past but stopping promotions is v surprising to me.  I AM SO CURIOUS IT'S KILLING ME WHY CAN'T I WORK IN SM AND KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON and ofc be friends with all them idols uh huh EXO hi there kyungsoobaekjonginsehunchanniesuholayluhanchenxiuminkristao, SNSD, F(x) y'know just the usual deal

what's wrong with our big baby :(

i love f(x) and their music and their members and man Red Light's so cool why does this hv to happen

why are they deactivated :(

I am dying to know what's going on :(

 

and do any of u guys watch It's Okay, That's Love

I MEAN DO KYUNGSOO U WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME

HIS ACTING

IS JUST

SO

FLUFFY

he's pretty good as a rookie.  i mean, i didn't cringe a lot and you know he's just cute even if he's only breathing and he's doing a pretty good job

and i like the storyline

 

OK WOW GUYS i'd love it if u guys talk to me and react to my monologue bcs that way i won't feel like an idiot

i luv u

mwa