Chapter 33

Cinderella

Haerin eyes the two boys sitting in front of her without a word.  She has her hair up in a ponytail and had just finished bathing when she came down to see Kyungsoo still in the same clothes he wore last night and Kai doing the dishes.  When they sat her down for a talk, she knew that her foreboding was turning into a reality.

“So..?” She coaxes for them to start speaking.  When nobody answers, she sighs in exasperation and eyes Kai.  “Why hasn’t he washed up, Jongin?”

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo frowns, turning to Kai.  “Since when did she start calling you-“

“None of your business,” Haerin snaps and draws back immediately, regretting her rudeness.  “Sorry, I’m-“ She sighs loudly, nostrils flaring.  “Okay, let’s start over.  So, what’s up?”

Kai glances nervously at Haerin and Kyungsoo.  He should have said no, now things have gotten really weird.  “Noona, hyung has something to say to you,”

“He does, doesn’t he?” Haerin smiles.

“I do,” Kyungsoo nods.

“Well, then, let’s hear you out,”

“It’s about Nara,”

Haerin shrugs.  “Figured as much,”

“I take it that you know Nara already and who she is,” Kyungsoo looks at her.

“No ,” Haerin doesn’t meet his eyes and smooths her hair back.  “Gah, sorry, yes, I do.  Go on,”

“She’s basically the reason I can’t l-love, Hae,” Kyungsoo continues.  “See, I’m even stuttering at the word.  She’s why I’m broken and she’s why I’m not letting you tell me how you feel.  She’s the reason I have so many limitations, even when I’m with you,” He explains.  “She’s why I can’t trust in anybody and she’s why I doubt every single thing people do for me,”

Haerin nods.

“And now she’s back,” Kai pipes in helpfully, nodding at Kyungsoo.

“Yes, and now she’s back,” The older male quietly repeats, and Haerin, although stoic, has her gut wrenched at the way Kyungsoo’s words hung over the fact that his first love was back.  “And please, Hae, know that I absolutely did not have any purpose of hurting you or breaking your heart, but I realised, that I still have unresolved feelings for Nara, despite everything that she has done to me,”

Again, Haerin nods.

“And I’m here to tell you, that-“

“You’re breaking up with me,” Haerin intercepts.  “Because if you don’t, you’d be hurting me, right?” She chuckles.  “I knew from the start you two asked me to sit and talk to you, Kyungsoo, you don’t have to get all nervous about explaining things to me,”

Kyungsoo’s gaze snaps up to meet Haerin’s and he frowns.  “W-what?” Is she really laughing at this?

 

“To be honest,” Haerin lets out a shaky breath.  “To be honest I’m really angry at you, right now, and it really hurts.  It hurts so ing bad, to be ricocheted back to where I was, alone without you, when I’ve gotten so damn close to believing that I could- damn it!“ She hisses and drops her hands.  “But I understand, oh I do, I really do,” She stands up, dusting an invisible speck of dust off of her khaki pants.  “And I know you want me to fight for you and , but I’m sorry to say that I’m not going to, because even if I do-“ With choked laughter, Haerin stands up and forces herself to stand her ground instead of storming out the house to run away from all that is happening to her.  “I don’t think it’ll make any difference,”

Kyungsoo blinks at her, unable to believe that he was letting him go just like that.  “See?! Do you hear yourself right now? You’re not even trying!” He stands up, warily pointing at her.

Haerin scoffs in anger and disbelief.  “What? You want me to try harder? When you’re so ing in love with her? Is this some kind of game of push and pull to you, huh?!” 

“Well, ask me why or something! Why can’t you just-“

“You ing played with me twice, Kyungsoo,” Haerin digs her nails into the palm of her hand so hard she was thinking that it was going to start bleeding.  “You kissed me back at the rooftop and now you’re dumping me like I’m some piece of that doesn’t even matter to you! I’m just a second choice when all along, you’ve only had eyes for that woman.  I understand everything so ing perfectly I don’t even need to hear your out,” Haerin strides towards the door, taking a last look at the house, where she thought she could find home.  “I can’t believe you,”

Slamming the door behind her, Haerin disappears, like all the other times she had in front of Kyungsoo, whom she believed could be her prince charming on a white horse.

But he had turned out to be someone else’s from another fairy tale.

 

SIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

ALL THE SIGHS IN THE WORLD

SAY HO HO

 

man do u know how hard it is for me

to hold back from just posting everything ive written

BCS IVE WRITTEN THE NEXT CHAPTER

 

 

EHE <3

 

comments are luv