STEP NINETEEN: watch a film. (1/2)

30 steps to quitting Jonghyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 32

Watch a film. See how many movies you can fit into two days.

 

If I’m not that too dizzy, I would have probably choose a better clothes.

But that is a condition… If. Unfortunately, my head hurts so much that my vision is kind of fuzzy. At the same time, I’m feeling lazy and sleepy. But then, I promised Jinki that we’ll go on this ‘friendly’ date today, so might as well push it through, right?

I know I have a choice, I can tell him that I’m sick and whatnot, but I wanted this to get over with, so whatever happens we’re going to settle this at the movie house.

I check myself once more in the mirror. I put on a black dress with hoodies, boots and a khaki jacket—nonetheless I think it looks casual rather than having the appearance of Oh-I’m-Excited-I’m-Gonna-Have-A-Date-With-Lee-Jinki-Of-SHINee type of clothing.

I sling my bag over my shoulders and get my keys.  

-

I waited for Jinki approximately near one of the cinema’s entrance. I lean my head against the cold wall and close my eyes.

Mind over matter, mind over matter, I told myself a couple of times. Trying to brainwash myself that I don’t have this splitting headache instead I feel the opposite. In order to distract myself and be keen to my mind over matter mantra, I hum in some songs that I like and the first song that pops in my head is Super Junior’s No Other.

On my way to the chorus part, a breathless Jinki appears in front of me—with both of his hands on his knees, his back rises up then down. Finally when he was able to catch his breath, he stands up straight, let out a final exhale and smile at me. “Gyu, mianhe. I intend to go here earlier than planned, but escaping gets suddenly hard. Did you wait too long?”

I force a smile—a genuine one, but it looks like I’m irritated and mad, but then I’m not. I just feel sick and tired that even smiling is quite hard—and nod my head. Jinki removes my bag from my shoulder and sling it to his. “Should we eat first before we watch a movie, or eat while watching a movie?” He asks.

“Anything is fine.” I answer him with a smile as we walk side by side. Even walking is painful, it makes me lightheaded.

“Then… Can we eat first because I’m quite hungry.” He says in between soft chuckles. I laugh and nod.

As we both decide where to eat, immediately, I sit in on of the chair and wait for Jinki. I place both of my arms above the table and bury my face.

Jinki slides in across me with two burgers and fries. He unpacks the burger wrapper and passes it to me, putting the straw on my drink. I watch Jinki feats on his food as I take in some small bites. The truth is, I don’t have any appetite.

Whenever I’m sick, I don’t eat. I just don’t feel like it. And this exact moment is an example of it.

Then something happen— my stomach is on fire. I made the mistake of standing up to quickly, and the sudden movement made me dizzy. One hand flies to my mouth, the other clutching my stomach.  Jinki noticed it too, he sets down his burger and stands up, towering me over. “Gyu, are you okay?”

“I’m okay.” I say shoving him off. “I’ll just go to the bathroom.”

I left Jinki, clueless and perplexed more than ever. I went to the restroom as fast as I can. There was a queue of other females, ranging from different ages. I almost push one or two of them, but before I can get to the sink, I throw up all over the floor.

It’s pretty nasty. There were a bunch of brown chunks and green liquid.

I hear some people giving nasty comments, telling me how disgusting it is. I can almost imagine them giving me this dirty look. This is so embarrassing, I thought. The floor is too cold and I try to stand up. But I cannot seem to feel my legs.

“Gyu?” I hear Jinki’s voice. I look up and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter