Chapter 15 (b) - Grasping Onto Reality

A Complicated Regard

Jin busied himself with work that was due by the end of the week. Yes, his boyfriend was awesome but he was really very lazy at times. And honestly, it was a little annoying. Just a little.

“Hi hyung,” Namjoon wished as he walked into the room. Placing his bag coolly on the chair beside Jin, the ivory haired president went right beside the vice president and bent down to investigate on what his lovely boyfriend was up to. “Hey, pres,” Jin wished back, his face buried deep in the paperwork.

“What are you doing?” Namjoon asked. He wasn’t an incompetent president, honest. But it was just that his memory . Yeah. It was that plain and simple.

Your work, Jin thought sassily and let out a small chuckle. But he didn’t mind doing the work. It was for Namjoon and he too knew of Namjoon’s horrible memory. So his chuckle went unnoticed by the ever so dense president and Jin just smiled and turned to his Namjoon. “Just catching up on some work,” he replied when his breath suddenly hitched.

Namjoon was standing close to him. A little too close.

A short silence of awkwardness followed and Jin could face his face heat up. Namjoon realized the gravity of the closeness and smirked to see such an adorable reaction from the elder.

“Stop that,” Jin said and turned away, his face displaying a vibrant red. Namjoon stood back up straight and bit his tongue. Jin looked adorable, yes, but he didn’t dare to . After all, he did see how Cha Youngjae got beaten up just a few days back by the wrestling champion Kim Seokjin.

“How are your injuries?” Namjoon asked instead and stood back up, looking at the tall French opened windows towards the right side of the room. The president could clearly see how Jin’s injuries were. They were healing at an alarmingly fast rate but Namjoon just had to ask.

“I’m fine. It’s healing quite quickly, if you’ve noticed,” Jin said and went back to the unfinished work.

 

Namjoon continued to stare out the window, watching and waiting for nothing in particular as the wind blew past some emancipated leaves. The sky was turning grey slowly again, just like the previous days for the past week. And a small gust of wind blew in and he felt the coolness and freshness of it.

“Say hyung,” he said suddenly, his gaze slowly turning to the hard working male beside him.

Jin looked up to the president curiously. What could he want all of a sudden? Did he forget another piece of work or something?

The dimpled President smiled due to the eye contact gently and bent down towards the face of the now normal colored Jin. “Go on a date with me this weekend.”

The color definitely returned to Jin’s face. Along with the heat and the nervousness. Why was it always like this? He couldn’t even manage to stammer out a valid answer when Namjoon continued.

“You’ve been working so hard this past week. God only knows why. And I want to thank you for putting up a fight for me even though it was totally unnecessary. And I know I’m not that much of a romantic when I’m around you. So as a sort of thanks and apology, leave your studies aside this weekend and go out on a date with me.”

Jin giggled like an overly excited pre-teen who just got asked out by her long time crush. Which was exactly what was happening. Except that his giggle was more of a chuckle but it was just a smidge bit manlier than the giggle of a pre-teen. And obviously he was older than a pre-teen and the fact that he wasn’t a girl.

Jin nodded his head, not trusting himself with the answer in fear of embarrassing himself. Namjoon let out an amused chortle and kissed the head of the sitting vice president softly, even further making the red head suffer from rapid beating of the heart. “I’ll plan out everything,” he assured and moved away. After which, he asked with all innocence of a child. “Which reminds me, hyung,” he said, turning to the vice president who was still suffering from heart anomalies. “When do you intend on making our relationship public?”

Jin choked on his own saliva to hear this.

Finally clearing up the mishap by coughing it out, Jin replied, looking like a scared dormouse. “Why would you want to make it public?” Namjoon knitted his eyebrows in confusion, “To mark that you’re taken, silly,” he said as if he were suggesting that they get a bottle of water from the vending machine. The coloring of Jin’s cheeks followed once again.

“And,” Namjoon continued, “To tell the world that I have the best boyfriend in the world.”

“Gosh,” Jin laughed, covering his mouth like a proper princess should; his work long forgotten by then. “That was too cheesy. Even for you, Namjoon,” he said.

“But it’s true,” Namjoon kinda, sorta pouted and awaited Jin’s reply. Jin finally calmed down from his hysteria and wiped a tear of laughter away from the corner of his eye. He turned to the standing male and looked deep into his eyes, eyes filled with utter affection and a splash of bashfulness.

“After the date,” he said and quickly added, “Maybe.”

Namjoon seemed satisfied. “Maybe?” he asked nevertheless.

“Depends on how the date goes.”

Namjoon smiled to hear the answer. Boy was he going to prepare the best date of the century for his boyfriend!

 

 

 

 

Park Jimin wasn’t really known for being a practical person. His actions were always exaggerated of sorts, his ideas were always spontaneous and his reactions to certain actions were always… interesting. But the one thing that he never even dreamed of in his life EVER was for Min Yoongi to ask him to go out with him. It was beyond his wildest imaginations. And it was so absurd that even he himself doubted his own brain. And eventually, his brain switched on its own sort of defense mechanism and came up with a legible theory.

That he imagined the whole conversation which had taken place in the library that afternoon as something of his imagination – something very much like a dream. Or a nightmare. But his consciousness couldn’t accept that he labeled it a nightmare.

Yes, everything was a dream. He was dozing off in the library for reading too much. Yup, that was the sole reason.

 

 

However, as obvious as it was, convincing himself with this theory seemed a little impossible to believe even for himself when he found Yoongi right in front of his house with his school bag and another one slung loosely across his chest that evening. He was soaking wet. Then again it started raining as soon as Jimin reached home so obviously Yoongi was soaking wet.

 

“What are you…?” Jimin was about to speak when Yoongi handed him his school bag without uttering a single word. Confused at the action, Jimin accepted it warily only to notice the elder turn his back towards him and headed out again to the rain. And this irked every little nerve in Jimin’s body.

“Yah! Min Yoongi!” he called out. He deserved an explanation. Even if Yoongi was playing with him all along, he just needed an explanation. He just had to get it so as to stop his throbbing heart.

He needed at least a tiny, even the tiniest bit of explanation to soothe his hammering heart to stop yearning for the elder’s voice. Why was this happening? Jimin had initially questioned when he reached home that afternoon after the not very subtle proposal of Yoongi’s.

But before we can even recall back to Jimin’s conclusions of this event, Yoongi walked away abruptly, not minding Jimin’s calls for him. He took one step then another and then another till he was completely off of Jimin’s front porch and was now standing firmly on the stone footpath that was surrounding by the grass which were enjoying and dancing in the rain.

“Yoongi!” Jimin called out again and yelled out that he shouldn’t walk in the rain. He suddenly felt bad for making him walk all the way to his house just so he could return a bag. But Yoongi refused to listen and he continued to tread slowly onto the footpath till he was almost out of Jimin’s lawn.

The bits and pieces all fit snuggly into the puzzle, Jimin knew that much. But he didn’t have time to think back (let alone give us readers time to go through a flashback) so he dropped the wet bag on the front porch with a loud thud and went out running in the rain. Gosh, he definitely hated this Min Yoongi!

 

“I said wait,” he said and jerked the poor male who was slightly taller than him (by a ‘staggering’ centimeter) by the arm to face him. And before the elder male could realize what was going on, Jimin’s warm lips, as compared to the harsh cold raindrops, crashed on Yoongi’s. And this was only possible as Jimin stood on the tip of his toes because Yoongi stood too firmly to even bend down. Damn that damn centimeter!

Without even realizing, Jimin’s hand tugged harder onto Yoongi’s school blazer, deepening the kiss with every fraction of a second. And the need for air never came until it was a little too late.

 

The younger pulled back with a sudden breath, the blush on his face hidden fairly well by the splattering drops of rain. He didn’t know how to react after that. It was a total spur of the moment thing but damn it! Falling in love with Yoongi was also a spur of a moment thing!

Yes, people. F-A-L-L-I-N-G IN L-O-V-E. WITH MIN FRIGGEN YOONGI!

 

Disappointed at the fact that Yoongi didn’t react at all, Jimin’s lips stammered and he tried to make a plausible explanation as to why he kissed him. Damn it, he should have known! Min Friggen Yoongi was playing with him all along! But still, it felt so good to kiss…

 

Jimin didn’t even have time to complete his thought because Yoongi’s bag splattered onto the ground where the millions of droplets of water broke apart into billions and the elder swopped in for another breathtaking kiss. Yoongi’s hands found his way to Jimin’s soft cheeks and this enabled him to pull the younger closer to him so he could basically kiss the daylights out of the younger.

 

And as they stood, kissing under the rain like those scenes into the movies, Jimin slowly pulled away with a very annoyed but pleased smile. He looked like he was about to cry but the rain made it hard for Yoongi to see.

“I,” Jimin said breathlessly, his hot breath already cool as air as it reached Yoongi. “I really hate you.”

 

Yoongi just smirked. He would’ve said that everything went according to his master plan but then again, why spoil the romantic scene with unimportant thoughts? After all, Jimin finally admitted that he ‘hated’ him, didn’t he?

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You should honestly stop staying over my house, Yano,” Hoseok sighed as he closed the door to his empty refrigerator. “Hey,” Sangwon, or particularly, Yano, shrugged his shoulders in a non chalant manner and replied that a growing boy needed to eat. Hoseok argued, “Growing boy, my foot! You’ve emptied out my entire fridge you pig!”

Sangwon merely grinned and said that those were the perks of having him as his best friend. “Best friend, indeed,” Hoseok grumbled and slapped the back of his friend’s head. The deemed blonde whined and came up with an interesting topic. “I am your best friend, Hoseok. You love me, don’t you?”

Hoseok gave his oddly heart shaped grin after a roll of his expressive eyes. “Sure!” he answered cruelly, with all the sarcasm that anyone could muster up, “You are loved.”

Yano accepted this and ignored the sarcasm. “Yay!” he shouted in exaggerated glee. He pulled Hoseok down on the couch on which he was sitting and suggested that play some video games. “Why do I even bother?” Hoseok mumbled exasperatedly and did as ordered as his best friend switched on the screen of the television and ordered him to set up the xbox.

It was raining outside, after all. There was nothing else he could do…

 

 

 

 

 

 

The pitter and patter of the raindrops upon hitting the window pane eventually silenced after fifteen minutes or so. But no voice escaped from either one of the two males who were comfortably snuggled up in each other’s arms.

The biting cold from Jungkook’s body went absolutely ignored by the elder as he continued to hold him, in his arms. He knew that the spiritual entity was not in its awakened form so he made no attempts to wake him. Instead, he kept quiet and compelled himself the illusion of listening to Jungkook breathing ever so softly. This gave him mental peace of sorts.

What he noticed as something new was this: he could hear the beating of a heart from Jungkook. It had a normal pulse, Taehyung took note of the normalcy even though it was most definitely his mind playing tricks on him.

No, Jungkook was a ghost. Is a ghost!

Why would he even have a heartbeat?

But deep down inside, Taehyung wanted to believe otherwise. Being a selfish individual he was, he wanted Jungkook’s imaginary heart to beat for him and solely for him. And when he drifted off to the world of dreams, he dreamt exactly that.

 

 

 

A/N:

Short Chapter, I know. But a little fluff to keep the story interesting...

Oh yeah, how cute was that YoonMin scene though? >///< (I kinda feel accomplished *pats myself in the back*)

Okay, I need to do this part now ---> A round of applause to YuukiHikari, SpawnOfAphrodite, mallowme, Ni-el-ni-el-pabo and YinChipmunk for guessing that Kookie was involved in the accident which Aejin mentioned in chapter 9 (It'll be further explained...)

Also, a special standing ovation to blue911 for deducing that Kookie was the one whom Taehyung saw in the first chapter (the student in the other uniform getting on the bus)

 

And now, as always, please comment, subscribe and upvote. These things may seem small and insignificant but they do wonders to the writer... ^_^ 

Indefinitely,

TypicalFangirl09