XXII: SETTLING

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

 

Here's thee last straw I had and I'm working for the next Chapter... waaahhh! hehehe I didn't release this so early because I'm rechecking the flow... hehehehe... I hope you like this.  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 


Geum Jandi was sleeping  comfortably when her phone rings. She just groan and cover her face with her blanket and continue sleeping. Minutes passed, the phone stops ringing and her door slowly open. She grogilly open her eyes under the blanket as she felt someone walking slowly toward her bed but she intends not to budge then suddenly the person jump over her and they both scream. Jandi shrieks in shock blended with pain feelings as the other person brag her body down to be still while the other was just wanted to surprise her. She wildly remove her blanket over her face and sit up straight while glaring as the other persom move backward to the safest place

 


"Yyaaah!!! Why did you disturb me? And you even jumped on my BACK! Sheesh, Gaeul I didn't do that to you." she grimaces and pouts as she rubs to soothes her sore back.

 

"Mianhae! I'm calling you a million times but you even can't drag your hands on your phone to answer my call and tell me that you are sleeping.Tsk. And why you are still sleepy? Did you know that it is already late to be lying down to your bed?"

 

"Really?" she look down to her alarm clock. "Woah! I really did overslept..."


Gaeul leans forward to face her and eyeing her suspiciously.

 

"What had the two of you done after the party?"


"What kind of question is that?!" she blushed.


Gaeul moves back to sit properly, crossed her arm into her chest and squint her eyes to her.


"You blushed so there was something... I see." she nodded to herself.

 

"Y-Yaaah! Nothing happened! W-we're just held our hands, That's it! A-and I... I just kissed him in the forehead..." she defensed herself.

 

"Really? I don't think so... I know there's more than that."

 

"Really.. there's nothing more--"She blushes more when she remembers the snap kiss that she innitiated with Jihoo first at the hospital.

 

 

Gaeul stare at her and became serious.

 

 

"Are you two serious or just crazy enough to be like this?"

 

"What do you mean, Gaeul?" she asks.

 

"Is this a trick to fool Jun Pyo?"

 

"..."

 

"I'm asking you Jandi."


"I--I'm trying to forget him...now." she said.

 

Jandi looked down to her hands and felt guilty realizing she is moving on a bit faster than she had expected to be.

 


"So the two of you are not playing at all. I thought you're doing this to make Jun Pyo realize the mistakes he had done to you..."


"It didn't make sense anymore. I need to do this; besides he asked this why can't it be granted.""You're not being fair..."

 

"You don't want Jihoo for me anymore?"

 

"Not that I don't like him... I just knew that you still love him no matter what happen and this sudden change of yours made me worry." she look away.

 

Jandi hold Gaeul's hand then she looks back to her.

 

"I am trying. This isn't sudden, Gaeul... I'm in the process of it. I still felt guilty but also mad at Jun Pyo as he even not tried to be with me for once. So I think we're even."


"What do you mean?"

 

"Well, Jihoo is a perfect husband-figure. He won't let me hurt and I know he'll take care of me. He's my soulmate, isn't he?" she said.


"...but not your love of your life."

 

"He's not anymore, Gaeul... He is not and this is for the best, I know it."


"What if Jun Pyo change his mind and wants you back in his life, what are you going to do?"

 

"..." she looks down to her lap.

 

"Jandi... just take it easy. Don't hurry up--"


"I want to forget him even I'm being unfair to Jihoo!"

 

Gaeul stare at her for a while before hugging her and pats her back.

 


"I can't blame you being like this... Kun Pyo really did a wrong move. I don't know what possesed you to agreed with it... and It... It was like an arranged marriage between the two of you..."


"Let's sweep off this topic. Hey, are you excited this friday?" she asks to start up a new topic.

 

Gaeul played along just not to upset Jandi anymore.

 


"I'm a bit mad at your boyfriend for setting that day for us." she pout.

 


"Boyfriend, huh? Well it suits." she giggles and continue, "Jihoo knew me at all. He knows how he make me happy. How about YiJung? What was his reaction when Jihoo announced it without your permission?"

 

"Well at first, he got mad but then accepted easily as he know that Jihoo's intention is that he wanted his friend to be happy and not to be worried over other."

 

"Yeah... He's right. We don't want to be a burden unto you as you are worried over us."


"I know. I know... I just can't help it to worry... Just be there. It's my important day of my life."


"Yep. I'm your made of honour, right?" she joke as she want to change the mood.

 

"Just let me know if he hurts you. I'll beat him to death." she hugs Jandi.


"I just wish you can do that!" she giggles, " and I'm very happy that my best friend will not worry anymore to get married as I find a boyfriend to keep me. hehehe!"


"Silly!"

 


They laugh at it and continue chatting like there is nothing problem arise before but in Jandi's mind is still in trouble. After an hour Jandi's mom call them for a snack to eat with them at the sala. The sun almost set when Gaeul bid her farewell to them and promise to visit them again whe she got another free time. Jandi walks her out up to the bus station when Jungmin stops infront of them and wave at them to get on the car.

 


"Why, Jung Min-ssi? Did something happen to him?"

 

She panickily ask as she didn't understand why all of a sudden Jungmin was there to pick her up.

 

"Animidda, Miss. Actually, I was sent here to fetch you for something important. But because  Miss Gaeul is with you, we should drop her first to her destination before we proceed."

 

"Ani. I can ride a bus to  go to my place." she wave her hand to him.


"I'm sorry but Jihoo-ssi ask me to do this thing."


"He knew I'm with Gaeul? Is he spying me?"


"Animidda, Miss. Please climb in before I answer your question."

 


Gaeul and Jandi both climb in and when they were already inside the car, Jungmin started the car.


"He didn't say specific person but he said whenever you had a companion, I need to drop them off to their place before going back where he is right now."


"Even he is Woobin or Yijung?" Gaeul inquire.

 

"Yes, Miss."


"Wow. I need a boyfriend like that." Gaeul amused.

 

"Silly you were engaged already."


"I can change my mind." she teases.


Jandi's eye widen but then they both laugh at it.

 

 

Soon, Jandi was the only passenger on that car silently waiting to go the place where Jihoo is as Jungmin did not speak or spill out where they were going. They finally arrived but she gives him a confused look.

 


"A-are you sure h-he's here?" she confirms.


"Neh, Miss." he open his door and get off the car to open the other door for her.

 

"Kansahamnnida."  she bows when she already stood out the car.


"Please follow me."

 

 

Jungmin gesture and move inside the hanok house. They saw Jihoo sitting in the couch.

 


"You're really here..." Jandi says as they enter the lounge.

 

Jihoo close the file he was reading and look up at her giving her the sweetest smile.

 

"Geum Jandi." he calls out.

 

Jung min bows and leave the room. Jihoo led her to the other couch to sit there.


"I... thought  you were at the hos...pital?"

 

Instead of answering her query, he hand her a folder with a result from the hospital he had stayed. She read it and nod as she understand what it means.

 

"I see... you have been released today for improving and do need hospitalization, huh? I think you force them to write this statement. Tsk. Tsk. Bad patient."


"Not really. I just deal with them that every weekends, they will send a doctor to check up on me if I'm fit not to take those gruesome medicine they issued for me."

 

"You know that you need full rest."


"I can't rest there."


"Can you rest here?"

 

 

Suddenly, three screaming persons running as they enter the house then stops when they notice them at the lounge.

 


"Why are you here?" Kyu asks irritably.


"There's nothing wrong to be here. Besides, can't I stay in my own house?" Jihoo throws a question also.


"Annyeong Haseyo, Chairman. Annyeong Haseyo, Geum Jandi-ssi." Hyung Jun and Young Saeng greet them.


"We're playing, don't disturb us."

 

"Hyung, we can make a snack for them." Young Saeng suggest.


"What are we, A Maid? Do it to themselves!" he grimace.

 

"We can prepare some snack for us also."


"Yeah right, what an Alibi." Kyu jong scoffs.


"I don't know I got a greedy friend here." Hyung Jun tease.

 

Kyu jong glare at him.

 

"Don't mind us. Just do something for all of you, I can make ours later."Jihoo said.


"Tch. You wanted us to be conscionable persons. Guilt trip."

 

 


Young Saeng and Hyung Jun pushes him to go to the kitchen even wailing about not doing it. The two follow them with a stare and sighs after they had gone.

 

 


"Some ruckus they are, huh?" she smirk.


He just smile back at her.


"You like them around here?"


His smile never leave his lips.


"You don't reward me an answer."


They spend another calm silence between them while Jihoo quietly held her hand to entwine it with his. After a while, Jihoo spoke.

 

"Holding your hand can be a reward, isn't?"

 

Jandi nods.


"I planned to cook something for you but it change that the three already rummaging the kitchen."

 

"Really? Is it a dish? or you'll bake for me?" her eyes glisten.


He stare at her eyes but suddenly Kyu jong shout back at the Kitchen.

 

"The hell! Who bake this cake??? It burnt to death!"


"Hyung, shut up!" Young Saeng halts.


"Poor cake..." Hyung Jun commends.

 

"What, you too?!"

 


Jihoo look away to Jandi and feels embarrassed.


"What will we prepare if it is already messy here??? I will not preparing something for them!"


Jandi giggles before looking back at Jihoo.

 

"I see... you already rummaged it before they came."Jandi said as she hear Kyu Jong's wail.


She giggles more when she saw him blushing like a ripe tomato after that words.

 

 

He shook his head and tries to hide covering his face in the back of the couch. She was amused and touch to see this kind of side of Jihoo; she can never tell if she can see this heart warming character of him if she did not chose to be with him.

 


"Can I visit you tomorrow at the clinic?"

 

She nods.


"The next day?"


She nods again.

 

"The next next day?"

 

"Silly. Every day you can visit me there." she smile at her.


"Want to go somewhere else after your work?"

 

"What do you want to do?"

 

She sits properly and put her other hand to their entwine hands.


"I don't have any idea... I want to do something that had done by couples."Jihoo said.


"You're silly.You can change the things that the common couple's doing."

 

"Well... I didn't experience any of it... aside having a coffee walk and a ferris wheel ride..."

 

"And a horse back ride with me." she continue.


"Yeah... memories. But we were friends that time, were we?"

 

"Y-yeah. hehehehe. Today---what do want to do?" she change the topic as she wants to get that over.

 

"Stay here and eat with us." Kyu jong said as he was standing beside the couch.

 

"Oh, were you standing  there awhile?" Jandi asks.

 

"Don't leave us after we put some effort to make some snack. I'll kill the two of you if you resist." waving the stainless steel chopstick he used for cooking.

 

Jandi smiles at Kyu Jong.


"Why wouldn't we? This is the first time Kyu Jong-sii prepare something for all." Jihoo said.


"Then don't eat if you don't like to, I just need Jandi-noona be here for the food. And of course I'm not alone doing these things."

 


They walk inside the kitchen and were amazed as the three already set the dining table just for two. They set a candle light table for them, adds with wine and a simple ramyun.

 


"Wow. It deceives my eyes... it's look like a classy dinner date then the dish is instant noodles."

 

"Cool. Thank you for your compliments." Kyu said sarcastically.

 

"But why the table sets for two?" Jandi asks.

 

"We'll leave you two here, we'll eat in Young Saeng's room." Hyung Jun explains.

 

"Yep. A dinner date." Young Saeng added.

 

"Yeah. It's gross to see a lovey dovey you have my dear cousin."

 

 


They bow at them and leave them behind.

 

 

"Uhmn... I think that word triggers my anger."

 

"Shees. You're scary Jandi." He joke.

 

"YOU SHOULD BE." she smirks.

 

Then they laugh.

 

 

After a while Jandi pulled her phone out to take pictures of the table set up and the food for memories as she was asked by Jihoo of why she do snapping a shots at it. They savour the moment to have a decent dinner just the two of them.

 

"Thank you for tonight's experience, Jandi." he said when they were out of the garden walking around.

 

"You're most welcome."

 

"I am also thankful for giving this relationship a chance, both of us... even though it was like a set-up that I don't like but thinking that we are having this right now, it is not that bad to try at all."


"You're being talkative recently, huh?" she smiles and then asks, "What do you mean?"


She stop walking to fully understand him.


"I didn't do any blind date like the other elite family doing to their siblings for a fix marriage because I want to find a girl for myself that she actually want me as me and not my background." he explains.

 

"..."

 

"And Jun Pyo done the worst thing he can hit me headshot. He knew I like you a lot that I won't resist the temptation of being with you even though it was arranged by him."


"You're confessing your thoughts about it, huh? To be fair I'll tell you mine but of course I'll hear you out before me." she smile and lean to the side of the car near them.


"I tried to be away from all of you and distract myself by concentrating in work. I... I lose it and was confined to the hospital; it was over a week before Hani-ssi went to a solution that you may help me. Well, now there's no turning back here... isn't?"


Jandi remain quiet for a while; understanding every bit of his word.


"Are you doubting now that I already giveway about this set-up?"Jihoo asks.

 

She shook her head.

 

"Look, I'm serious when I said I am into this relationship... Yes, I will admit I still have feelings and there are times that I am having a guilt trip moving on but Jun pyo push me to my limit that I end up taking all things in front without overthinking it quite long. I know saying this will hurt you but I want to be honest to you as we are  starting opening up ourselves to each other." She hold his hand and look up at him again. "I am in the process of letting the man that I loved go and start a new relationship with the person I was set-up to--the one in my present. Mix emotions were up high and we ended up arguing the first time I want to settled it. I understand and very aware of it that you have rights to be mad at me for being insane but if I didn't do it I know for sure that I will be a goner as well."

 

"A-are you regretting it right now?"

 

"At first... y-yes... but, I mean..." she breath deeply and sigh aloud before continuing, "I know for sure your love to Seo Hyun-unnie is still there in your heart no matter how long that it takes and your love for me is different from hers, am I right?"

 

He nods slighty as an answer.


"Love can't fade away that easily and even we are going to settle now for the long run, my love for Jun pyo will be stay forever. This. That we are having right now is what can we call moving on; I'm here with you as I let myself be loved by you now--that I'm allowing you to be part of my life more than as a friend."

 

"And I'm very aware of your situation that's why I gave all the time you can have to justify your decisions so when you choose to let this end in the middle, I'll be broken."

 

"Jihoo..."


"That's the reason why I spent away from all of you... to you to decide it thoroughly because I can't take another pain in my life. Are you backing up now that you hear what I say?"


She shook her head and held hand up to his face.


"I want to finally fight what I had started."

 

"Even if I got sick and need to be hospitalize or in cancer without  cure?"


"I never... I will never regretting what we are having right now not even that. I will stay as long as you want to."


"Are you saying these because you don't have a chance to take care Jun Pyo as he refuse you to do that?"

 

"Aniyo... you or even my friends fall into that situation, I will stay by their
side." she smile sweetly.

 

'He was just devastated and can't think that time that's why he came up with a lame situation that he had regretted it right now.' Jihoo thought while looking at her deeply.

 

"Is there something wrong?"She asks.

 

He reach up his hand to her hand and carresses.

 

"I will make you fall in love with me."he mumbles.

 

"What did you say?" she asks in a quiery eyes.

 

"Nothing." he pull her hands down slowly."I hear you said something." she pouts.

 

He just shook his head.

 

"I'm sure I hear you say something. Tell me."


He holds her shoulder and hugs her.


"I said..." he said smoothly while his lips near to her ears, "I'm willing to be your next prince charming to cure the broken fairytale you had before."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, at Gaeul's house...

 

"Gwenchana?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You're mind is off and enjoying by yourself into your own world. What are you thinking, Gaeul? Are you worried about our wedding? You know I can move it on the other day or postpone it?"


"Ani. Ani. It's not about that." she sigh.

 

Yijung sit near to her and hug her in her waist.

 

"Then tell me what is bothering, my future wife?" He sweetly smile at her.

 

"What can you say about Jihoo and Jandi's relationship?" she said in serious tone.


"Pretty cool I guess. I'm happy for them."


"Are you not worried that this sudden change of them towards to each other is kind a dangerous?"


"What do you mean?"

 

"It's like they both use each other as an instrument of killing each other."

 

"That's way too deep to understand. Elaborate please." Yijung furrowed his eyebrow.


"How do I say this... Jihoo knew at all that he'll be hurt when Jandi decides to leave the relationship they have right now. He knows well how high the possiblity to be happen like that and he will really really suffer. On the otherside, Jandi said she was trying to move on but it might be she's using this situation to get her revenge to your friend Jun Pyo for doing what he asked or... or... or I don't know what to think."

 

"That's harsh."

 

"No... I mean... I mean... I am just too worried about my friend. She didn't think properly a lot these past few days and I don't want any of them be hurt by their wrong doings." she gesture her hand in front of her and drop her head down.


He hold her in her shoulders and Gaeul look up at him.

 

"You're being paranoid." he smile at her sweetly and twirling her hair to his finger.


"You're making fun out on me..."  she pouts.


"Because you're acting like her mother..." he giggles. "You're more than her mother when you act, really. Tell me, is her mother know about her situation?"

 

She nods at him.


"What was her reaction?"


"She said... that she should be responsible of what action she decides and she should also learn whatever will be the outcome."


"Alright, then. Hmn... I know Jandi trust you more... Did she really really said that she'll use Jihoo for her revenge?"

 

"Ani..." she trailed off to her word.


"See. You don't have to be so worried. Among us, you are the only one knew about your friend but because you are eaten up by stress; not only about Jandi but also you are dealing with a lot of pressure coming from me, you are also acting weird..." he smile bitterly.

 

"No. no. No,  don't think that you are a burden to me. I was the one who make you feel uncomfortable of my constant mother-side to Jandi. I'm so sorry about everything." then she hugs him.


"Just don't be too worried. What if she really wants to move on? We really don't know what Jandi's thinking so let us be her guide, okay?" he hugs her back and Gaeul nod.

 

"We'll buy our clothes for our wedding on friday morning, okay?"

 

"Why on that day?"

 

"So I can hook up Jihoo to stay up all day with us until the wedding celebrations ends."

 

"Huh?" Gaeul still can't catch up on what he explain.

 

He flick her nose with his finger and giggles.


"Jihoo planned this whole party for us to be finally settled but he also planned not to attend it so to get him stay foot on us, I threaten him that we will not pursue this when he didn't arrived to our wedding and if he didn't help us to get my suits."

 

"That's  a wise trap! hehehe! Childish." Gaeul giggles and hug him.