XXi: THAT SHOULD BE ME

Boys over Flower II: Eternal Love

Minutes later, he arrived to the said place and wander around to look for them. He spotted the four, having good times drinking a blue liquor in a test tube shot glass. Kyu saw him and wave his hand gesturing to come over to their place.

"You are so late, my cousin. My dearest cousin. Did you enjoy Jandi's campanion than us?"

 

"Really? How late am I that you drunk too much as you're calling me like that?"

 

"Have this! You w-will like it! Com'on, drink." he lift one shot glass and giving it to him.

 

"You need someone to be sober so there is someone can send you home."

 

"And you will be the savior!" he claps and whistle widely.

 

"Oww! How grateful I am to have you as my cousin! Why you became heart warming now that we are expose to the public? Are you afraid that they will see the spoiled Jihoo, huh?" he taunts.

 

"I never hide how I treat people.They know me too well."

 

"But your emotion does." he glares at him.

 

"In what terms?" Jihoo raise his brow.

 

"Gotcha!" he hysterically laugh at him.

 

"Don't mind him too much, Chairman." Hyung Jun apologizes.

 

"Call me in my name if we are out here or off in work, Hyung Jun."

 

"Neh... Jihoo-ssi."

 

"Why are you quiet, Saeng-ah? Are you drunk too?"

 

He lift his face to look at Jihoo and he notice that his face was red like a ripe tomato.

 

"No, Hyung... I... I--" he hiccups. "I am... a bit dizzy--" another hiccups. "I'm much better than him." another hiccups releases before pointing to his brother.

 

He just shook his head and turn to Jung Min.

 

"Are you drunk or a sobber like Jun?"

 

"The two brothers were just playing around earlier with soju and then they done having a shot of test tube liquor a moment ago."

 

"You didn't join them?"

 

"At first, Hyung Jun-ssi and I joined them but in the middle of the shots, we refuse to take another round as no one will help us go home."

 

"Can you order me a light cocktail."

 

"Yes, sir."

 

He calls out one of the waiter and order one for Jihoo and two brandy for Hyung Jun and for him.

 

"Brandy?"

 

"For removing hangover?" Hyung Jun said.

 

"All of you are heavy drinker."

 

"Yep but Saeng-ie can't handle the spirit of alcohol well. He instantly becomes tipsy but still can figure what is happening arounds him." Hyung Jun explains.

 

"How about that guy?" he points out Kyu.

 

"Well, he suppose to be sobber like us than Saeng-ie in the usual way. I think something bothers him that the alcohol hit his head up right easily."

 

"You know them well, huh?"

 

"Why can't I? I spent my life with their family almost everyday and Uncle Nam treats me like his own son. I love them all."

 

"Do you... remember how... Mrs. Kim looks?"

 

Hyung Jun stares at his glass when he heard Jihoo ask about Mrs. Kim.

 

"Why are you asking about my eomma?" Young Saeng asks suddenly in a serious tone.

 

They look up to him and Jihoo gaze at him intently.

 

 

"I'm curious on how she looks like. If she looks like Yoon Yu Jin-ssi. I want to hear something... about her."

 

"My eomma had the most beautiful round eyes in our town. She may be look frail as she was like a porcelain doll but she was tough inside protecting us from this world. Eomma wants nothing but to be happy. We live comfortable and nothing to worry but something came up in our life--in her life. Eomma became stressed when we were thirteen. Appa lost his job; Eomma too and their savings were getting little and didn't enough for a week. We heard them arguing whether going to grandpa or not as we were losing penny that time. They went home arguing without anything and after that, everyday she became sad and did not talk to appa that much. That was the time to let our talent used as money maker." he smile bitterly.

 

He look down to his brothers whose head is resting on the table and pat it a bit. He gets another shot of blue liquor and continue what he is saying.

 

"At first they got mad at what we decided but then agreed as we need money. We began living alright when mom was sent to hospitaland as we found out she had a cancer... cancer and it was malignant. Dad went to grandpa but being a president, we can't even have an appointment. He borrowed money from a shark loan but the time years by, eomma is getting worse and she died when I was fifteen and hyung was sixteen." He looks straight to Jihoo's eyes.

 

He get another blue liquor but stops by Hyung Jun.

 

"Dongsaeng, enough of tha--" Young Saeng gives him a death glare for interrupting  and took a shot without removing his glare to him.

 

'Woah! He's upset. This is the second time I saw him got mad.' Hyung Jun thought.

 

"I think that's enough. You'll going to puke later on if you continue drinking that mixed liquor." Jihoo said to him.

 

"Are you afraid to hear and not to continue what was next?"

 

"No. The liquor not the words that you're saying."

 

"Pathetic excuse. You're just afraid."

 


"What do you mean?"

 

"Eomma told something to Kyu before he died that is why his hatred are like a deep cut in his heart."

 

Silence.

 

"Then say it."

 

"The last thing she said...'The first time we went to your grandpa... he didn't accept me as his daughter and exiled me for living in my own without telling him. But I saw my brother's son living comfortably with other elites. He was like a mini-Yu Jin. I hope one day, grandpa notice you like he noticed that son of my brother.'... you live without nothing to worry. We both had accidents in life but the truth is, it is always unfair for us."

 

Jihoo drink up straight his cocktail then look down  his glass and it made a weary silence for Jung Min.

 

"Saeng-ie..." Hying Jun calls at him as he felt it too.

 

"If grandpa accepted us before, I think Kyu-hyung will definetely take care of you and none of these happens! That... that should be me... or us that you keep in your side!"

 

"So you had a hidden hatred too." saying it still head down playing his glass.

 

"YOU KNEW THAT BEFORE. I will never agree to hyung to had fought to you at Jeju and here in your business  if I don't have that hatred." he drinks another shot.

 


"Thanks for confirming it."

 

"It is. But not because of the wealthy you have... yes, in the past but I accepted it already. But... I hate you because you made us leave my father alone. I HATE YOU for being so cold that we also need him in our life but you separate us from appa. You think I will never know that you went someone to get my appa out of Jeju! You! I pity you so much!" he slam down the glass that he is drinking.

 

Jihoo looks at him darkly, the features of concern and warm were gone.

 

"You're the one who is pathetic. Acusing randomly... Tch.You know why? So you will know how hard without nothing but you alone." he replied g.

 

Kyu Jong moves back in sitting position abruptly and the four looks at him. He rubs his eyes and blink twice before talking.


"Jun-ah...Min-ie... my sight is... is pinning even I rested. And something..." he massage his abdomen. "I feel sick! You wake me up with your voices." he said drunkenly.


"You want to go home now?" Hyung Jun  asks.

 

"Nah! I want to walk... Can we walk... all five of us?"

 


Jihoo silently stands up and helps Kyu Jong to stands up but He flail his hand away to him.

 

"I never want your help." he sloggily stands up.


They pay out for the bill and goes out the pub. The breeze embraces them while walking in the street;  No one speak or tries to start a chat. Kyu stopped in front of a swing and sat in there for a while before putting some effort to reek himself in the swing. Jihoo found a bench and sit there while Hyung Jun walks at the back of Kyu to push him for continuously swinging back and forth and Jung Min made his way at Jihoo's side silently. Young Saeng leaned his side to a Monkey bar for support and contemplating whether to confront his cousin or not about what he had said earlier. The peaceful silence remains as no one dare to talk to each other again. After an hour or two, they decided to get their cars and go home for a rest that they are already sobber. Kyu had his and the two climbs at the back. Jung Min should drive Jihoo home but Jihoo decided to be their driver instead for him.


"I can't give the responsibility to Kyu Jong of the their lives. Keep them safe Jung Min."

 

"What are you, an angel cousin?" Kyu mocks.


"How about you sir?" Jung Min asks.

 

"I can get a taxi for myself, You can claim this one later afternoon and It's already dawn so it's safe."

 

"Ow... my cousin Jihoo will hide again somewhere cave he had. Where is it so I can pay you a visit, huh?" Kyu mocks.

 


"Your already a sobber, I can see that" he stood up straight before the window, "Sure why not. Hospital. Just guarrantee that you'll pay a visit."

 

He walks away amd wave his hand to bid his goodbye. Young Saeng and Hyung Jun's eyes widen as what he said.


"Tch. Probably he was joking, don't jerk up about it."

 

"B-B-but..." Hyung Jun stutters.

 

"What happen yesterday that you worried too much for him?"

 

"You knew it already... his depression." Young Saeng answered.

 

"Can we go now? I'm too tired listening some looser excuses."


Jung Min put the key on and started the engine. He looked back using the rear mirror as he drive backward to get out in the parking area and turn the wheels forward to proceed to the exit.

 

It is already six in the morning but Jun Pyo's eyes remained open wide and his mind were crowded by many thoughts... most especially the danced between Jihoo and Jandi. Jun hee entered his room and noticed that he was still awake.

 

"Something bothering you, Jun?" she asks.

 

"Noona... " he trailed off while staring at the ceiling.

 

"Why I can make her life at peace?"

 


"Huh? What do you mean? Whose life? Geum Jandi?"


He nods silently.


She stares her brother for a while before answering the question he asks.


"Jun Pyo, Darling, how you want your life to be is a choice. Like Jandi... She's happy even she cannot afford anything but she is contented on what she receives from above."


"Then why did He sent me to her and hurt her more than thrice?"


"Jun... every decisions you make... even you like it or not there is always--as in always affects the life of the persons that surrounds you in a positive or negative. Either way, you must embrace the consequences."

 

"Did I deserved to be punished like this because of mistakes I had done before?"

 


"Don't named them as a punishment... take them as a challenge that will make you stronger in the cruelty of the world we created."

 

He stared blankly to the ceiling.

 

"Jun... is there something bothering you?"


"Maybe... maybe not."

 

"You can tell noona, you know that."


"Hm." he nodded.


"What is it?"

 

"You'll be piss if you heard what is in my mind right now."


"I'll try not to."

 

He shift his head to look to his sister properly.


"I want her back..."

 

Jun Hee just stares at him waiting for the next word he will say.

 


"...but at the same time I don't."

 


"What makes you over think that?"

 

'After returning my life.' he thought.

 

"After their dance, I guess?"he lied.

 

"This isn't the first time you had been confused over that, isn't? And you always fall to follow what you decided. Is there something more than that that makes you doubt?"

 

"...Well, this is the first time I saw them into each other. Jihoo became sweet and showy than the last time that he always refused to be with her."

 

"I see."

 

"Am I too late to reconsider it?" he look back at the ceiling.

 

Silence.


"Yes. Now we decided to be formally accept each other as a couple you intend to intervene. How cruel are you, Jun Pyo?"

 

He tensed as he hear the familiar voice and cramly sit up straight to confirm it. Even Jun Hee was surprised as the answer was expected from her but was given by other person. They both look to Jihoo who lean on the door frame.


"It was open that I didn't knock. I look inside then I overheard the two of you."

 

They just nod slowly.


"I think this isn't the right time to visit. I'll just go back and just pretend that I didn't caught you regretting over the thing you had done that made me happy."

 

He acted to move out but stopped when Jun Pyo ask him.

 

"What reason that you walk here after your anniversary?"


He look to him over his shoulder.


"Well I was in the mood to thank all of you personally but for you, I guess it's not necessary anymore."then he walks away.


Jun pyo jumps out to his bed and scurriedly run into him winning his hand when he catch up. Jihoo stops and look down to Jun Pyo's heaving body.

 

"Jihoo... I... need to... tell... something..." he breathe out.


He then look up to him to secure that Jihoo is all ears.


"I w-want her back..." he trailed.

 

"You. are. a. ing. Mess." he said in a firm foreign language.


Jun Pyo was surprised of what he had heard and saw Jihoo glaring at him with anger and disgust.

 


"Who the hell are YOU to play our lives in your own hands?!"he shouts and forcefully remove his hand from his gripping.

 


"I... I don't know what's into me. A-after seeing the two of you like that, I never felt this hurt before---That... that it should be me... n-not you..."


"THAT'S IT?! YOU JUST SEE US COMFORTABLE IN EACH OTHER,  SO YOU DECIDE TO GET HER BACK! That's bull!"


"I---" but he was cut by him again.


"I'm not finish!" he hisses.


For the first time, Jun Pyo feels his body trembling in frighten of Jihoo's sudden change.


"You pissed me over and over! I already gave you time to decide to regret it as I had been disappeared almost a week and you wasted it thinking where I am  instead of contemplating over it. You made Jandi's life miserable!!! You played it like we were just your toy! You are mess in your brain not in your heart!" he pointed out.

 

"That's enough!" Junhee shouts while walking towards to them.


"You gave me a reason not to doubt by giving another chance of my life to fight what I didn't fight before. You should rot in your own dillema you created." he continued.


"I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH!!! Can't you see how hard for him this thing?" she briskly move down to hold Jun Pyo's shoulder.

 

"You should teach him not to toy around people's heart so that he will never have a time to hurt anyone."


"You too. You hurt people in your own way!"


"Me? Of course... maybe but I can never sent someone to shoulder his own burden and when it feels alright and already made it away from him, he will get it back---Like nothing happens!"


Jun hee remains silence as it was seems like that.

 

'Jihoo is right. It really is the point of this things happening right now.' she thought.

 

"I wish I can be like you. I hope we just switch our life..."

 

"I wished that before... but I am too humble not to wish that now."

 

"W-what do you mean?"

 

"Because I don't want any of my friend suffer as I AM SUFFERING RIGHT NOW." he emphasize every bit of it.

 

Jun Pyo who realize it, slowly sat down on the floor voluntarilly and  felt broken.

 

"Mianhe...I... I was never been so lost. H-help me to understand  this Jihoo..." he look at him with gushing tears.

 

"You'll never learn it because you already lost your--"

 

A loud slap on his face interrupt him from saying his last word. He glared at Junhee who hurt his face and look down to mess-up Jun Pyo before continuing.

 

"...heart."

 

Then he walks away.

 

"So much drama..." she mumbles as she hugs her brother. "Get up now, Jun... you need some rest."