Chapter 8: SOS, Somebody Save Baekhyun

We Got Married

            “What should I call you?” Indie says slowly for him with large hand gestures.

            “Whatever you called your boyfriends in America,” Baekhyun says nonchalantly.

            “Baby?” she says questionably without hesitation.

            BH gets up from his seat suddenly, startling her. “So you’ve had one before!?”

            She starts laughing and collapses sideways on the sofa while covering her face with her hands.

            “And you called him ‘Baby’!?”

            Indie keeps laughing. “Oh nooooo,” she says in between laughs. “I’ve been caught.”

            “Why are you laughing so much? Answer my question!” He quickly walks up to her.

            “Okay, okay,” she finally calms down and sits up straight. “I never said that I haven’t had one before.”

            “I have no idea what you just said,” he admits. “Yes or no: You’ve had a boyfriend before.”

            She just smiles sheepishly at him before saying, “Maybe…

            He just stares at her blankly for a moment before saying, “That’s not a yes or no!” She starts in a fit of laughs once again.

 

            The two are exhausted and sitting in silence when the doorbell finally rings. They both perk up and BH runs to the front door as fast as he can. “Hyung!” he yells as he opens the door. When the door opens, Kris is standing there, startled by the yelling. He wears a black long-sleeved graphic Tee and distressed blue jeans. BH grabs his arm and nearly drags him into the house. “I need your help. SOS. SOS.”

            “Wha..what’s going on?” Kris nearly stumbles as he rushes to take his sneakers off.

            “It’s seriously an emergency.” BH rushes him to where Indie is.

            “Gege!” Indie greets Kris when he enters the living room area.

            “Oh, meimei,” he simply greets back.

            BH quickly grabs the mission card from the table and shows it to Kris. “This is why I need you,” he explains.

            Kris takes the card from him and reads it to himself. “Ahhh,” he says in understanding when he is done. “Meimei can’t speak Korean, so babo husband needs his hyung to translate for him.”

            “Hyung…you could have left out the babo part.”

            “It seemed right to me,” Indie says teasingly.

            BH looks at Kris with hopeful eyes, but the response that he receives it, “I’ll translate when I feel like it.” He tosses the card onto the coffee table like a Frisbee.

            Kris’s action makes Indie laugh hysterically while BH collapses sidewise onto the sofa groaning. After a few moments Kris takes it back, “Ani, I was kidding. But at least show me around your house first. Am I the first one?”

            “Yeah,” BH nods as he gets up from the sofa. “I’ll should you around hyung.”

            “Then I’ll make tea.” Indie also gets up and shuffles her way into the kitchen.

            “What did she say?” BH whispers to Kris as they go up the stairs.

            “Tea! Tea. T-E-A.”

            “Ahh! Kure…”

            “That’s elementary school level. Aigoo, this is why I called you a babo.”

            Studio: *Laughter* Baekhyun is completely hopeless without Kris.

            “So this is our music room,” BH announces as they walk into the room.

            “Wow,” Kris says in approval, “It’s nice.”

            BH closes the door and approaches . “Hyung, I need your help.”

            “Hm?” Kris turns to him curiously.

            “So earlier when you weren’t here,” BH begins, “we came across the problem that she didn’t know what to call me since she normally calls me ‘Oppa’ but that’s Korean.” Kris nods at BH’s explanation. “So I told her without thinking to call me whatever she called her boyfriends in America. And she responded back with ‘Baby’ without any hesitation whatsoever! So I tried to ask her more about that but I didn’t understand anything that she was saying so that ended badly.”

            “Ahhh. So now you’re curious about her past?”

            “Uhn.”

            “It’s never come up before?”

            “It hasn’t.”

            “So what do you want me to do? Should I just tell you everything that I know?”

            “You know?”

            “Uhn. She tells me almost everything.”

            “Almost everything?”

            “Uhn.”

            “Even our phone calls?”

            “You guys call each other?” Kris says after a moment.

            Studio: Awwwh. That’s something that she’s kept to herself.

                        Kris-sshi seems like the really over protective brother type hahah.

            After another pause BH nods. “Hyung, the thing is,” he moves back to the original topic. “I want to know about her past but I don’t want to hear it from you. I want to hear it from her and I don’t think I can wait for another three hours having the questions eat away at me.”

           

PD: Do you have any past experiences in dating?

Ind: Ne, back in America. But I haven’t dated in Korea before so it’s been close to four years since I’ve been in a relationship.

PD: Just how experienced are you?

Ind: Hmmm… honestly not that experienced. When I date someone it’s usually for a long period of time. So compared to most people, I haven’t had that much experience in dating that many people.

PD: How long was your longest relationship?

Ind: Close to two years? In high school. Hahaha! What am I doing? This is the first time I’m saying anything like this on television.

 

            Indie sets down three cups of tea on the dining table as BH and Kris make their way down the stairs.

            They sit there in awkward silence around the dining table in front of the couch.

            “Oh! There’s actually something I’m curious about,” Kris chimes in. They both look at him with curiosity. “When you did the interview at the very beginning to see if you were compatible, did you guys choose each other?”

            “Hyung, you already know this…” BH tries to avoid the question.

            “To be honest, I do, but I don’t think either of you know about the other, so tell each other.”

            “Honestly…” BH bites his lip nervously. “Ahhh ottokhe. This is seriously embarrassing…”

            “Bali. If you don’t hurry and say it, I’ll say it for you.”

            “Arrasso….Honestl…” he begins again. “I went in and asked specifically to do WGM with you.”

            “Really?” Indie’s eyes go wide and her hand goes up to . “I feel a bit bad now…

            “Meimei, tell him what you wrote when EXO members’ names came up,” Kris leads.

            After a moment of hesitation she replies, “No thank you.” Earning a confused look from BH. “That’s what I wrote.”

            “What?” BH tilts his head to the side and continues to stare at her.

            Indie nearly topples over laughing. “I’ll show you.” She grabs her blue notebook and starts writing all of the EXO members’ names. “This is what I did when I got to the EXO page.” She immediately crosses off three names. “Kris, Tao, and Sehun. I’m too close to them to get married with them.” She crosses of Chanyeol’s name. “He’s too tall, it would look awkward.” She crosses off two more names. “Luhan-sshi and Minseok-sshi are a little too old…” Suho, DO, and Kai’s names are crossed off. “They really aren’t my type.” Lay and Chen’s names are the next to be eliminated. “I don’t think I can hold a serious conversation with either of them.”

            Studio: Omona! BH-sshi is the only name left!

            BH smiles because his name is the only one left, but that soon disappears when Indie draws a big X across all of their names and writes, “NO THANK YOU…” on the side.

            He immediately stands up and points at the notebook accusingly. “Wae!? Wae!? Wae!? Why was I eliminated too? They all had reasons but you just crossed me off with a big X! Wae!?”

            Indie just stares at the floor with wide eyes and a strained smile. While she refuses to speak, BH sighs and turns to Kris.

            “Hyung, please tell me why,” he seems to beg.

            “Baekhyun-ah. It’s a happy reason,” Kris starts. Indie snaps her head in Kris’s direction with wider eyes and starts to violently shake her head in protest.

            “Gege! Nononononono, you can’t tell him!” She fails her arms around hopelessly due to her lack of height.

            Kris simply smirks and keeps going anyways. “She was an EXO fan in university.” At this point Indie has given up and has hidden her face in her hands in order to avoid any further embarrassment. “And you were her favorite, so she was afraid that she would seem like a crazy sasaeng fan.”

            “Yi Fan Kris Wu! I hate you!” Indie screams.

PD: Kris told BH the truth…

Ind: *fumes angrily* I hate him…. That was seriously the one thing that I was hoping he wouldn’t ever find out about me… If Kris Gege every gets the chance to be on WGM, I will make sure to make an appearance and I will ruin him…

 

PD: How did you feel when the truth was revealed?

BH: I understood a lot of things then. Even though we’re in the same company we weren’t that friendly to each other. But she was really friendly with my other members, and whenever I would try to talk to her, she would seem really distant. And I always wondered why, but now I know… she was avoiding me because she liked me *nervous chuckle*

 

            “Have you had a boyfriend before?”

            “Yes.”

            “When was your last relationship?”

            “Four or five years ago?

            “Really? That long ago?”

            Nod. “What about you? .... Other than the obvious one….” (A/N: Yes for plot purposes we are making Taeyeon an EX-girlfriend. And only for plot purposes. I personally am a pretty big supporter of the couple ^-^)

            “Hmmmm, yeah other than the obvious one. One other.”

            “When?

            “Uh… a long time ago, in the beginning of high school.”

            “Hmmmm…. I guess I really am the more experienced one here…” she sighs. But then she perks up seeming to remember something. “But you have more experience in kissing different girls!

            “Kiss?” BH recognizes that one word and Kris quickly translates form him. When he hears the translation he violently shakes his head. “That’s not true!”

            “Yes it is! Musical! I saw it on the internet! Don’t deny it!

            “Well… you kissed Sehun in your MV!”

            “That was on the cheek! And I only did that because none of my other members wanted to. It was seriously the most awkward thing I’ve had to do, but I did it as the leader.

            “I did it because it was part of my job.”

            “I know. I was just saying that you had more experience in kissing different people.

            The conversation continues like this for a long time with Kris acting as the middle man. When the clock finally strikes 6 o’clock Kris stands up abruptly, surprising the two.

            “Hyung, where are you going?” BH asks confused, as Kris makes his way to the door.

            “It’s six! I’m leaving! See you later Baekhyun! Bye meimei.” And the sound of the door slamming closed is heard.  

            “Yay! 6 o’clock! 6 o’clock!” Indie sings as she waves her arms above her head. “Korean~. Korean~.”

            “That was seriously one of the most frustrating things I’ve ever done in my life” BH sighs.

            “Me too,” Indie agrees. She picks up the three cups from the coffee table and brings it over to the kitchen sink. “Well since you know just how frustrating it is, I believe that we can say that we have successfully completed our mission.”

            “Ai-yah,” BH calls out to her as she begins to wash the cups. “Am I better than your other boyfriends?” She simply just hums and nods as a response. “Really?”

            “Of course. You’re my husband not my boyfriend. And you’re my husband for a reason, right?”

            Liking the answer, BH smiles broadly as he gets up from the sofa and makes his way toward her. “Come here you!” He engulfs her petite frame into his arms. “My wife is definitely the best!”

 

~~~~~~~

Whooo!

I'm alive!

Yes. I'm very much sorry that this took centuries to write.

College and work are both taking quite the toll on me...

I'm so sorry!!!!

I'm also very sorry that this is so short >.<

But please be patient with me as I will try to update as frequently as possible!