Chapter 6: EXO Comeback Congratulations~

We Got Married

-CK-JAm’s Dorm- Time: Too early in the morning.

            Indie is seen walking into the kitchen area, with sweats, a loose T-shirt and her hair in a sloppy bun. She puts on a red checkered apron and washes her hands. “Yosh!” she chants quietly to herself. “Fighting!”

 

PD: What were you doing so early in the morning?

Ind: I wake up earlier than the rest usually to make breakfast and lunches for my members. But I woke up even earlier that day because EXO was having their comeback and we had a schedule for another program that day in the same building, so I decided to make a celebratory lunch for EXO. Thank goodness we usually just eat a banana for breakfast when we’re filming for something. I would’ve been up even earlier if it were just a normal day.

PD: What did you make for them?

Ind: For my members I packed the typical bento box. Rice, stir fry chicken, carrots, tomatoes. And as dessert I cut up half a watermelon into bite size squares and put them into a big container so they can all eat freely out of it. Oh but the twins Melody and Harmony had another schedule afterwards and they were on a diet so I pack them a lot of fruits and vegetables in small quantities. For EXO since it was supposed to be a congratulatory lunch, I made it more special.  And I don’t know what they all like, so I made a variety of things.

            Studio: Waaaah. She’s so thoughtful.

                        She does that every day!?

 

            Indie is seen calmly packing CK-JAm’s lunches with experienced speed and precision. She sets them down at the large table by the kitchen on what appears to be each member’s respective seats. “Breakfast, breakfast,” she quietly reminds herself and pulls out a large amount of bananas from the fridge and places them in the center of the table. Along with the bananas, large containers of vitamins, medications, and bottles of water are place on the table.

            “What should I make first?” Indie ponders as she opens up the refrigerator once more. “Sandwiches. That’s probably best.” Her upper body seems to disappear into the cold box and reappears again but with arms full of different ingredients. She closes the fridge shut with her elbows. She makes several different kinds of sandwiches, labeling the contents of each one as she puts it into a plastic bag. “I really don’t know what they like…”

           “And just in case some of them don’t like bread, I will make onigiri too.” And again, she quickly sets about it.

            When she is nearly done making all of the onigiri the first member enters into the kitchen mumbling, “Unnie…joun achim…”

            “Oh, Jin-ah. Joun achim,” Indie grins up at the maknae as she washes her hands since they had become sticky from the rice. “Since spring is starting up, I put out your allergy medicine in case you wanted to take it.”

            Studio: She’s seriously like a mother.

                        She’d make a really good housewife, hahaha.

            “Gomao,” J.K. mumbles again as she nearly stumbles into her seat. She grabs a water bottle and downs half of it in one go. “What time do we have to be ready by?”

            “We have to be there by nine to do mic and camera check.”

            “Well good thing I woke up first. I can shower without having to wait for everyone.”

            “You better hurry then, everybody will be up before you know it.” Indie pulls out a container full of mini baozis that she had made the night before from the fridge. “I just need to steam these, and cut the watermelon and I’m done.” J.K leaves the kitchen to take her shower.

            As she is steaming them, the smell seems to have awakened all of the Chinese members as they all entered the kitchen. Kitty is the first to speak out, out of all of them, “Ai-ya~. Can I have a baozi? Just one little baozi?” she says in Mandarin, knowing that Indie can understand perfectly well.

            “No,” Indie replies in perfect Chinese, “you’ll gain weight if you eat too much, Huang Kaishi~. Plus Mei and Langai are on a diet right now,” she points at the twins who were sitting down eating their bananas. “Don’t make them feel any more miserable than they are.”

            The twins nodded in agreement. “Yeah, jiejie, don’t be so cruel.” They both said at the same time in the same tone of voice. (A/N: jiejie = older sister in Chinese.)

            Amanda shivered when she hears them. “Aish, I hate when you two do that. It’s so creepy.” She rubs her arms that now have Goosebumps.

            Kona enters the kitchen as hyper as ever. “Good morning world~!” she nearly yells. “Unnie, how was my pronunciation there?” she skips over to see what Indie is doing.

            “It’s getting better.” Indie says as she takes out a watermelon from the fridge. “How are your other phrases sounding?”

            “Uhmmm. Not as good. ‘Good morning!’ is the only thing that I’ve been practicing.” The younger girl admits sheepishly.

            “Koryung-ah, your English isn’t going to get any better if you don’t practice.” Indie scolds as she cuts the watermelon in half. “Are ChoHee and MiKyung still sleeping?” Time, 7:33 AM.

            “Of course they are,” Hana calmly says as she walks in, rubbing her eyes. “I tried waking them up but they wouldn’t budge.” She stretches her arms our above her head as she walks over to the table. She takes hold of a bottle of water and drinks most of it as she takes her vitamins and other pills.

            Indie sighs as she continues to slice the watermelon. “What are we going to do with those two?”

            “Who knows~? Kona shrugs with full of banana.

            Studio: Their dorm is full of so many languages.

Isn’t that why they’re called CK-JAm? C for Chinese, K for Korean, J for Japanese and A for American.

Ohhhh. That makes so much sense!

            “Ya!” Indie yells across the hall. “ChoHee! MiKyung! Wake up! We’re going to be late if you don’t!” Time, 8:18 AM. Hearing their leader alarm clock the main dancer and main vocal drag themselves out of their room.

            “What time is it?” MiKyung asks.

            “Don’t you have a clock in your room? We’re leaving in 15 minutes whether you’re ready or not.” Kitty answers.

            Hearing that MiKyung’s eyes go wide. “Why didn’t you wake me up earlier!?” She runs into the kitchen and hurriedly takes her medication and vitamins.

            “I tried,” answers Hana, “but you swatted me away.”

            Meanwhile, ChoHee is calmly washing her face and putting on sun block. “Why are you so calm unnie!?” MiKyung asks as she jumps around, brushing her teeth and doing other random things.

            “Because I’ll just eat breakfast in the car. It’s just a banana right? Plus, fifteen minutes is plenty since we’re doing makeup over there.” She replies in a dazed way. “And you’re just such a spazz.”

            “Am not!” she says as she runs out of the bathroom and into her own room. “Clothes, clothes, clothes!”

           The other members along with two of their managers are laughing at them as they wait in the kitchen. “Unnie, hurry up~,” J.K. calls out to them.

            “I’m all good,” ChoHee walks in and grabs a water bottle and downs all of her vitamins. “MiKyung-ah, hurry your up.”

            “I’m here, I’m here!” She yells as she runs into the kitchen.

            “Finally,” one the managers sighs. “Let’s get going girls.” He guides them out of the dormitory.

 

-Meanwhile at Mnet building- Time, 9:02 AM

            EXO has arrived at the building in order to do the first rehearsal. Baekhyun is playing around on his phone, looking tired and sleepy from how busy he had been these past few days.

            Seeing how he was on his phone, Chanyeol decides to a bit as they enter the waiting room. “O~? Is Baekhyunnie texting sister-in-law?” He says loudly to ensure that the rest of the members hear him.

            BH swats his best friend away as he tries to see over his shoulder. “Hajima.”

            “Ahhh, but our Baekhyun has been smiling a lot recently while looking at his phone,” adds Lay. “We all saw the broadcast right?”

            “No I missed it last week,” Chen says. “What happened?”

            “They didn’t broadcast all of it but he took her to his hometown,” answers Tao excitedly. “And hyung told me that they got to see their newlywed house too. Ahhh! They were doing goosebump-y things, like falling asleep on the train together and holding hands and feeding each other! Ahhh!”

            “Ya! You slick bastard!” Chen pushes BH playfully.

            “Hajimaaaa.” He pleades. “Hyung, control them.” He begs Suho.

            Suho looks at him with a puzzled expression. “I don’t think I can do that. Haha.”

            Hearing this, BH gives up and goes back to his phone, not even stopping his other members from looking over his shoulder anymore.

 

PD: You seemed pretty annoyed by your members.

BH: You don’t even know. Hahaha. I wanted them to behave since Ai-chan never said when she was going to stop by and that’s why I was checking my phone constantly, hoping that she would tell me when she going to head over. My members are really rowdy and ever since we started WGM, they’ve gotten even worse and I didn’t even know that was possible. So even if it’s just for five minutes, I wanted them to be good in front of her.

 

-Later in EXO’s waiting room- Time, 9:56 AM.

            The EXO members were finished with their first rehearsal and mic check and were now getting their hair and makeup done for their first pre-recording. BH had already finished his makeup and was now sitting down to get his hair done.

            That was when the door opened and a soft voice said, “Anyonghaseyo.”

            BH whips his head in the direction of the door and instantly smiles at the sight of his “wife.” “Wasso,” he mutters quietly as he gets up to greet her.

            “Wah!” Chen is the first to react out of the 11 other members. “Indie-sshi is actually here!”

            “EXO sunbaenim, comeback chukaheyo.” She bows ninety degrees to them before moving any further from door.

            Instead of the more feminine clothing she had been seen in for WGM, she is wearing her usual tomboy attire today. She sports a baggy, oversized, yellow T-shirt with the number 01 and “JAM” written across it in white. She’s also wearing black harem pants along with yellow sneakers. Her long hair is tucked into her black beanie that has a white stripe along the crown of it, making it appear as if she has short hair. She wears black leather, fingerless gloves that have studs across the knuckles. To finish everything off she is proudly showing her ring-necklace even though it does not match with the rest of her ensemble. Since EXO’s concept was bright and fun, BH happened to be wearing a bright yellow suit ensemble as well, making the two match accidentally.

            “Waaaah, gomao.” Suho thanks her in behalf of everyone.

            By then BH had already gotten to her before anyone else and pulled her into a tight hug. This sparks an intense reaction from the 11 members. Some of them yelled, some rubbed their arms to try to rid them of the goosebumps they got, others did both. ChanYeol rolled up his sleeve and asked Kai to hit it and he in turn asked for the same favor. “Aren’t you guys overreacting!?” BH yells at them after a moment.

            “If you guys just got a room this wouldn’t be happening!” Chen retorted.

            Indie just laughs at the interaction that they were having.

            Suho being the leader then took charge. “Okay, okay. Enough of that, let’s greet our sister-in-law properly.” They all lined up a straight line minus BH. “One, two, three—“

            “We are ONE. Anyongahaseyo, sister-in-law!”

            “Anyonghaseyo,” she bows again.

            “Are you staying for a bit?” BH asks eagerly.

            “Actually,” Indie starts, “I have to go back. I just came by after we finished makeup.” BH gives her a slightly disappointed look. “I’ll be back later though, I promise.” She smiles at him.

            “Okay,” he smiles back at her.

            “Keep it PG!” The other two members of beagle line yell while throwing balls of paper at them.

            BH just rolls his eyes at their childish behavior. “Work hard.”

            “Mm. You too.” With that she leaves the waiting room.

            “Oh did we scare sister-in-law away?” laughs Sehun.

 

-Much later in EXO waiting room- Time, 12:44 PM.

            EXO was taking a break before they finish their last recording. Many of them were on their phones playing around, or talking to each other. Nevertheless, they all looked exhausted.

            Then there was a knock on the door and Indie entered. “Anyonghaseyo,” she greeted them for the second time that day. BH smiles brightly at the sight of her, the exhaustion now gone from his face.

            Sehun who happened to be walking by the door when she entered decided to play around with the couple and suddenly pulls Indie into a hug before BH could. He then grabs her cheeks and says, “Ohhh my love~, how cute you are~.”

            “Owwawaddayadaoin?” she tries to speak but the words don’t come out quite right.

            “Ya! Ya! Ya!” BH runs over to them. “Sehun-ah, what do you think you’re doing?” he tears Sehun’s arms off of Indie. She rubs her cheeks with her palms to relieve some of the pain.

            “Hyung, don’t worry. I was just playing around.” Sehun chuckles as he walks away.

            BH sends daggers at Sehun with his eyes, and Indie just giggles at the sight of this. “Have you been working hard?” Indie asks.

            “Yeah, we just have to do the final recording and we’re done. Did you work hard?”

            “Un,” she nods. “I think I was pretty funny today. The MCs laughed quite a few times. Haha.”

            “Oh it was for a variety program?”

            “Mhmm.” She then sees her big brother figure in the corner of the room. “Gege!” she calls out to him. “How’d he do?” She asks mischievously, knowing fully well that no one else will be able to understand. (A/N: gege = older brother in Chinese.)

            Kris looks up from his phone and tilts his chair back. “Hmmm, pretty good. Better than Jongdae, who fell a bit flat on his climatic high note.” He nudges his head over to the vocalist. “And of course your amazing Yi Fan gege did the best of all.”

            She rolls her eyes at him. “Sure, sure. Don’t be so full of yourself gege.” The rest of the EXO member look at them with dazed expressions since they are only able to catch a few words every once in a while. She then turns to BH and smiles “Hold on one second.” She quickly makes her way out of the room once again. Before any of them could say anything she was back with a big sac. She waddled over to a table and placed all the food onto it. “Thank you for your hard work. I made lunch for everybody in celebration of your comeback.” She explains carefully with a bright smile. “I didn’t quite know what you guys liked so I made a variety of things.”

            They all looked at her with her amazement. “Jincha?” BH is the first person to react.

            “Wow~ meimei is talented. There’s so much food!” Tao exclaims and pets her head proudly. “You really made all of this? You didn’t buy anything?” (A/N: meimei = little sister in Chinese.)

            “Of course!” She responds. “I woke up early to make it.”

 

PD: How did you feel when she brought you and your members the food?

BH: It was seriously a touching moment. She made all of it, and there was so much of it and it was good too. I didn’t believe her at first but when all the food was put out it was clear that all of it was homemade and packed carefully. It was amazing! Seriously, every sandwich was labeled with what kind of sandwich it was and homemade little steam buns for our Chinese members. It was really a moment where I thought, “Wahh, Ai-chan is amazing.” I’m still in disbelief that she did all that.

PD: She prepares breakfast and lunches for her members every day, and that day was no different.

BH: Are you serious? Is she superwoman? Does she make dinner too? (PD: She didn’t say.) Aish. Still… I’m going to have to call her later and really thank her.

            Studio: That’s right call her, call her!

                        Create opportunity for them to become a real couple. Hahaha.

            BH comes around and gives Indie a hug from behind, startling her for a moment. “Gomao,” he says softly into her ear. She smiles shyly when she hears him. “How long can you stay?” He says hoping that she can stay longer than earlier.

            “I’ll leave when you guys do the final recording.”

            “Fair enough,” he looks over at the clock. “That’s in fifteen minutes. But seriously, thank you for everything. You didn’t have to do all of this.” He hugs her even tighter.

            Studio: They feel so real!

            “Sister-in-law, sister-in-law!” Luhan calls. “You made these too?” Lay and Luhan had discovered the container of baozi. Indie nods in response.

            Lay pops one into his mouth. “They’re so good!” he says with his mouth full.

            “Minseok! Look! Baozi! Baozi!” Luhan holds up the container to the eldest member. “They’re really good!”

            Indie just giggles as she watches them eat and react, proud of her cooking. “I didn’t realize my cooking would be so popular.”

            “Yup. That’s EXO for you. We really like to eat.” BH is now resting his chin on her head with his arms draped down her shoulders. He is also eating one of the sandwiches she brought. “This is seriously good though,” he says after taking a bite, “and it’s only a sandwich.”

            “Maybe you were just hungry,” Indie suggests, “everything tastes good when you’re hungry.”

            “Ani. You’re just good at making food.” He swallows. “Have you eaten?”

            “Ne. I brought my own lunch and ate it earlier since I didn’t know how long I was going to be here.”

            After several minutes of hectic interaction with the brother-in-laws, EXO is finally given the five minute warning for stand-by.

          Indie also takes it as her cue to leave. “I’ll get going then. Please work hard and do your best. EXO fighting!” then she looks directly at Baekhyun. “My Baekhyun Oppa fighting!” Before anyone can react she bows ninety degrees as she says goodbye to them and leaves the room.

            As soon as she does, the EXO members begin to hackle BH.

            “Ya!” Chen is the first to do so. “You don’t deserve her! That’s not fair! Why wasn’t I given a chance?!”

            “Someone hit me! I can’t!” Chanyeol yells.

            Xiumin is still stuffing his face with baozi but tries to say something incomprehensible.

            “BaekAi, BaekAi, BaekAi,” the three members of maknae line are chanting.

            BH just sits down in a chair and props his head up with his arm. His expression seems to speak for him: “I give up on you guys.”

            The only calm reaction comes from Suho who says, “She’s such a good girl, treat he well.”

            While all of this is going on Indie is standing outside of the door. “Should I do it?” she asks the camera. “Should I? Should I?

            Studio: What is she doing?

                         We don’t understand English~. Indie please speak Korean~.

            “Should I? Should I? No you’re not gonna shoulda woulda this and coulda woulda that ‘cause we’re never coming back to this t-t-t-t-trap.” She suddenly bursts into rap mode. “Aish. What am I doing?” she slaps her face with both her hands. “Wake up. Get some guts. Just run in there and do it.” She puts her hands on the door knob and takes a deep breath.

            “Jogiyo,” she calls as she opens the door.

            “Oh! Meimei,” Tao greets her.

            “I forgot something,” she sheepishly makes her way over to the table where BH was seated.

            “What did you forget?” BH asks her.

            “This,” she suddenly hugs BH from behind and pecks his cheek. He turns around in disbelief but she is out of the door the moment it happens. “Sorry for intruding!” she says as she makes her way out. “EXO fighting!”

            As she closes the door she hears Chanyeol yell, “Someone hit me! Goosebumps! Goosebumps!” She chuckles as she makes her way out of the building.

 

PD: The kiss was a way to support him?

Ind: *She covers to stifle a squeal* I still can’t believe that I did that. Hahaha. In America we would call it a “Kiss for good luck” and since it was his comeback, I thought that he was probably nervous and tense. So at the last second I decided to give him a good luck bbobbo…*blush* Aish. *grabs her face* I’ve become soft living in this country. I used to not blush this easily.

            Studio: Awwwh. She’s so cute.

PD: She gave you a kiss on the cheek.

BH: *puts his face in his hands* I seriously got goosebumps. When she said that she forgot something, I had a gut feeling that it would be something like a hug, so when she gave me the backhug I thought, “I knew it.” but then I felt her peck my cheek and I was just surprised. “Did that really just happen? Did I just imagine it?” thoughts like that were running through my head all at once. And it seriously made my heart beat so fast and I didn’t know what was going on. Thanks to her I really felt motivated and energized for the recording and I felt like I did the best I’ve ever done on a live performance. But the problem is I feel like I’m the only one feeling this way. She’s always the one making my heart race and not the other way around. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? Hahaha. Ai-chan, I promise you that I’ll return the favor, and make your heart beat really fast soon.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awww how cute.

So this was kind of a chapter that wasn't supposed to originally occur (still working out the entire plot) but I really wanted to show the rest of CK-JAm since they're OCs, and how Indie interacts with the other members of EXO. It was a bit boring wasn't it?

Well, I will hopefully update the next chapter soon.

Much love to you and thank you for putting up with this story. >w<