Six

Cursed

Leo's P.O.V

   "Are you sure you don't want to come along?" Ravi asked as he opened the front door.

   "I'm sure." I replied.

   "If you want I could have Jaehwan come and check on you later..." He suggested.

   "I'm not a little kid Ravi. I don't need a babysitter." I grumbled.

   "Yeah, but I'll be worried! I haven't left you home alone since I met you..." He sighed, running his hand through his hair.

   "...If it'll make you feel better..." I mumbled after a bit of thinking. He smiled brightly in response and I felt my heart stop for a moment.

   "Are you okay? Your face is pale." Ravi asked, sounding concerned. He lifted his hand to my forehead and I thought my heart was going to explode. I felt my face begin to heat up, I backed out of his reach quickly from shock making Ravi jump a little. He looked at me with a mix of confusion and concern.

   "Maybe I should just stay home...you didn't seem to be running a fever, but you don't look healthy either..." He said while shutting the door.

   "NO!" I shouted making both of us jump in surprise. "I mean...this is the first real possible hint we've had since I came here..."

   "O-okay...but I'm calling Jaehwan to come over and watch you." He replied cautiously. He pulled out his phone and walked into the living room for some privacy. I leaned on the wall closest to me, closed my eyes, and put my hand over my fast beating heart. Maybe I am sick...I've never felt like this before.

   "Leo?" Ravi called. I opened my eyes to find his face a few inches away from my own. I gasped and tried to back up, but was stopped by the wall.

   "Oops, didn't mean to scare you," Ravi chuckled. "Jaehwan should be here in a few minutes and I should be back in a few hours. If there's an emergency have Jaehwan text me, because there isn't really good cell reception where Mr. Cha lives."

   "Okay..." I mumbled.

   "Bye...Leo..." Ravi waved from the doorway reluctantly. I waved back and watched as the door slowly shut. Moving to a window, I watched the car pull out of the drive-way and disappear down the road. I let out a long sigh and walked to the living room, plopping down onto the plush sofa gracelessly.

Several hours earlier

 "This is the name of my neighbor...Cha Hakyeon." Ravi replied confusedly pointing at the name. I felt a flash of pain run through my head making me whimper and almost fall backwards, but Ravi caught me.

   "What's wrong?!" He pretty much yelled. Suddenly my vision went black as memories flashed before my eyes at high speeds. Then they slowed down and the outline of a person enveloped in light stared at me. As the image became clearer I recognized him from my dream a few days ago. His dark skin and dark hair clashed harshly with the bright white behind him, but the bright light was no match for the bright smile that decorated his face. He looked at me lovingly and outstretched his hand towards me.

   "Did you fall down again?" He chuckled, helping me to my feet. Suddenly the bright light was replaced with the soft beams of the sun, which caressed the lucious green of the grass and trees that surrounded me. I looked around at the beautiful sight, a sparkling blue creek flowed by the two of us gently and song birds sang quietly so as not to disturb the comfortable silence that grew between us.

   "We should head in...everyone's waiting." He whispered, motioning towards the small cottage.

   "I don't want to leave this place Hakyeon..." I found myself saying without thinking. So this is Cha Hakyeon...

   "I know...but we'll come back here next year," He chuckled "After all we do come here every summer."

   "Yeah, I know. It's just so beautiful here." I sighed.

   "Not as beautiful as you!" He giggled wrapping his arms around my waist.

   "Ew, get off me!" I laughed back wiggling in his hold. He laughed hard at that and began to assault my side with tickles. I gasped and giggled uncontrollably, eventually falling over again taking him with me.

   "Come on guys stop goofing off. We have to get going!" Another boy with dark reddish hair called from the doorway of the cottage laughing lightly at us.

   "Yeah yeah." I sighed getting to my feet and then helping Hakyeon.

    "Why is it that the youngest has to be the most responsible one here." The man grumbled before going back into the cottage. Hakyeon and I laughed shortly before running into the cottage together. The image slowly dissolved and was replaced with a darkly lit room a girl was lying in the middle of the floor in a pool of blood. I rushed to her side and felt for a pulse, there was none. I heard a loud bang and I looked at the doorway to see a pale Hakyeon. He ran to the girl and dropped to his knees, feeling for a pulse.

   "What have you done?" He asked, his voice cold and emotionless.

   "I didn't do this!" I answered.

   "Don't give me that . You're covered in her blood..." He replied glaring at me. I shrunk away from him and looked at myself, it was true I was covered in blood.

   "Please Hakyeon you have to believe me!" I pleaded.

   "We're the only people in this house Ta......," The last word faded away as if some stronger force didn't want me to hear it, "who else could have done it!"

   "No...it wasn't me...it was-" I tried to explain, but wasn't able to finish the sentence. I heard a small voice whispering a spell and I knew I wouldn't be able to say who did do it.

   "I loved you like a brother and you killed her! YOU killed her!" Hakyeon yelled at me, bringing my mind back to the situation at hand.

   "No...please Hakyeon you know I wouldn't!" I sobbed. Hakyeon stood up quickly and began mumbling.

   "I curse you... I curse you to live forever in pain! Always remembering the pain you brought upon me." He hissed. A flash of searing hot pain ran through my body after he finished speaking, making me scream. Hakyeon let himself cry then as he ran out of the room, leaving me alone with the pain and the metallic smell. After what felt like an eternity of pain I heard another door opening slowly. The man from the cottage came into the room.

   "I know you didn't do this," He said motioning to the lifeless figure next to me. " so tell me who did."

   "I can't..." I choked through the pain. "Spell of silence."

   "Dammit..." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

   "Please take it away...the pain..."I cried, clinging to his shirt.

   "You know I'm not as powerful a mage as Hakyeon...there's only one thing I could do, but I don't know if it would be any better." He replied.

   "Anything is better than this." I growled.

   "Okay..." He sighed and stood up, walking out of the room. He returned not to long after with a blank canvas. He whispered words of magic into the canvas and then set it down next to me.

  "I will trap you into this canvas, until someone who can help you finds the painting. This will take away the pain, but also your memory, so when you come back into this world you won't remember anything not even your name. Unfortunately this isn't really a spell, but a curse. When you come back to this world you will be cursed to find out who cursed you and why. If you don't find out in fourty-two days you will die in more pain than you are experiencing now. Is that okay?" He asked looking me in the eyes the entire time. I nodded in response and watched as he finished the spell, then I felt myself falling and darkness overtook my entire being.

   After what felt like forever the darkness faded away and I was back in the library. I realized after a while I was laying on the floor and I was alone. I tried to sit up after a while, but was stopped by extreme pain stabbing into my head. That's when Ravi walked around a book case holding a pillow and ice pack he rushed over to my side and helped me lay back down.

   "Woah don't sit up!" He commanded shoving the pillow under my head and placing the ice pack on my forehead. We sat in silence for a long time before Ravi broke it.

   "What happened to you?" He asked, unconsciously pulling at his shirt, a tell-tale sign he was more worried than he looked.

   "I remembered something...a big something actually." I replied feeling tesrs threaten to fall as I remembered.

   "What was it...if you don't mind me asking..." He shifted so he was facing me.

   "I remembered Cha Hakyeon..." I began, not sure if I wanted to reveal everything, "we were childhood friends at first...until my parents died. His family took me in and we spent all of our time together. As the years passed we stayed close... until one day when he fell in love. I was happy for him...that is until I met her...she was a total . I don't remember exactly what happened, but Hakyeon and I's relationship was rocky after that. A few days later he proposed to her and a few days after that I saw someone kill her. Whoever did it ran away when he saw me and I ran to her to see if she was alive...she wasn't. I didn't kill her, but Hakyeon thought I did. So he cursed me to feel his emotional pain physically. One of my friends found me and put me into the painting." Ravi sat in silence when I finished.

   "That's...messed up," He sighed after a long time "but if you knew who killed her? Why didn't you tell Hakyeon."
   "Spell of Silence." I replied, cringing a little.

   "I see..." He said slowly "how long ago was this?"

   "About two...maybe three hundred years ago..." I answered nervously.

   "If I didn't know you came out of a painting, I would send you to an insane asylum." he chuckled.

   "If I didn't know I came out of a painting, I would check myself into one." I laughed back.

   "So what should we do?" He asked.

   "I need to remember who cursed me...then I'll remember everything else." I replied.

   "Maybe we should go visit him." Ravi suggested.

   "NO!" I shouted sitting up quickly. M vision went black and I fell backwards, Ravi caught me before I could hit the floor.

   "Why not?" He questioned, still holding me. I felt my face heating up and I couldn't look at him.

   "He think I killed his fiancee..." I stated matter-of-factly, wiggling a little. Ravi refused to let me go, however.

   "Oh yeah...I can go alone then I guess." He shrugged.

   "You can put me down now." I whispered, feeling my face heat up even more.

   "Nah, you're too cute like this." He laughed. How can he act so idiotic when we were talking about something so serious.

   "You're such a dork." I sighed and gave into his warmth.


A/N Wow Ravi way to be a dork at the worst times... So who do you think killed Hakyeon's fiancee? That's actually kinda impossible for you guys to guess seeing as how there isn't enough information yet. Maybe the person who cursed him killed her...maybe Hakyeon actually killed her...maybe leo is actually the killer even though he clearly remembers he didn't kill her...maybe I'm just throwing ideas out there so you all don't figure out who it really is hehehe.

Sorry for another late post, I haven't had access to a computer. So here's a longer chapter and some of Leo's past exposed. It's always fun to end a chapter with fluff hehehe.

Anyway please leave a comment on what you think as always. ^.^