Twelve

Cursed

Wonsk's P.O.V

   My eyes flew open as a scream ripped through my throat and I scrambled away from the burning fireplace. A shiver ran down my spine as the images of my...dream flashed through my brain. I sat pressed up to the chair I had apparently fallen out of in my sleep and placed a hand on my chest feeling its' rise and fall.

   "Wonshik-ah?" A small voice called from the doorway and I bolted up to join it.

   "Leo, what are you doing out of bed?" I asked, gripping his arm and starting towards his bedroom.

   "I heard you scream." He replied and leaned into my grasp as we began walking.

   "Ah, I see. When did you wake up?" I asked.

   "A little while ago. Why did you scream?" He glanced at me curiously, almost tripping on a rug in the process.

   "I had a bad dream." I answered quietly without looking at him.

   "Oh." The silence that befell us then was something that unnerved me when I first met the man, but now...now I've come to love it. Those times that we would share, early in the morning while we drank in the garden or late at night after a good story or brainstorm, just enjoying each others company. The silence would naturally consume us and comfort us in times of stress. When the realizaton of how little time we had and how little progress we were making hit, it was this mutual silence that would surround us, no words needed to express the fear and desperation we would feel as we could recognize it in the air. An unsettling tension would arise and it was not words that comforted and brought strength, but a simple shared and knowing look that forced us to acknowledge that we were not alone. A simple light touch or pat on the shoulder or back to remind us that we were there for each other working for the same goal. A smile took over my features at the many memories made over the little amount of time we spent together.

   "We're here." Leo announced breaking me from my reverie.

   "I gues we are." I chuckled and opened the door, leading us into the large room. I helped Leo sit down on the bed after he let out a soft groan when he tried himself.

   "Does it still hurt?" I asked quietly after he was situated.

   "Yeah, but only when I move to much." He replied and patted the bed next to him, signaling me to sit.

   "Then why did you go downstairs? You might have torn your stitches, they are still pretty fresh." I scolded and moved his shirt to check on them, letting myself admire his form for a few seconds before letting it fall back down.

   "I was worried." He said slowly as if I should already know, which in hindsight I probably should have.

   "Oh, it's good to know you care so much." I replied and gave him my goofiest grin.

   "Of course I do." The seriousness in his expression and tone took me back for a minute. We stayed quiet, just staring into each others eyes.

   "You should get some rest." I stood, finding the unfamiliar glint in his eyes terrifying.

   "Stay." He whispered, his tone pleading and I complied easily sliding back down on the bed.

   "So it's finally over huh...is that mark still on your back?" I asked after a long moment of awkward eye contact.

   "I don't know, I haven't had the chance to look." He answered, a strange look in his eyes.

   "I guess I should have known that." I chuckled in an attempt to hide my embarrasment.

   "Don't worry about it." He laughed with me, a sweet melody to my ears. The sound revebrated throughout the room and I became silent in hopes it wouldn't end too soon.

   "Oh, I almost forgot," I started after the reverberations disappeared "who did it? Cursed you I mean."

   "No one told you?" Taekwoon's light expression turned to slight annoyance at the fact, but softened soon after. "He was a close friend of Hakyeon and I for many years. You've actually met him before."

   "What! When?" I racked my brain trying to recall when I might have met that person, but nothing came of it.

   "I don't expect you to remember, after all he was in a different form." He giggled, obviously having fun keeping me in the dark.

   "Just tell me already." I groaned.

   "It was my mouse." He replied.

   "Your...mouse." I deadpanned, feeling oddly stupid.

   "Yes. Hongbin. He changed his form to try and stop me from getting certain information. He was doing a good job at it too." He grumbled at the thought.

   "A mouse...my life has become so strange since you showed up Jung Taekwoon." I laughed loudly, but only for a minute before I noticed the confused look on his face and threw him one of my own.

   "Who told you my last name?" He asked, his head tilting slighty.

   "What?" The question catching me off guard.

   "I never told you, didn't have the chance to...so how do you know my last name?" A strange look crossed his face.

   "I don't know, I think Hakyeon told me...or maybe Hyuk." I replied carefully as I tried to remember just how I came to know, then it hit me.

   "I'm such a ing idiot." I gasped standing quickly and leaving the room without another word. I ran down the steps to the living room and picked up the frame that was left forgotten in the corner with the blank piece of paper that once held Taekwoon captive. It didn't take long for me to return to his room and show him what I retrieved.

   "I don't know how I forgot this." I mumbled as I presented the broken pieces of wood to him.

   "What am I looking at here?" He took the frame from me and inspected it.

   "Right here, in the design." I leaned in, pointing at the intricate weaves of the thin indents. Running my finger over the part I wanted him to see.

   "It was there this whole time, right in front of our faces. All we had to do was look." He uttered in shock as he traced the lines after me. Jung Taekwoon. Right there on the bottom of the frame, encaptured in the design.

   "I'm so sorry. If I had just told you...this whole thing could've ended faster. I'm so stupid." I groaned, sliding down the headboard to sit.

   "No you're not. Look closer." He said gently and moved the frame closer to my face, but I didn't see anything.

   "There's nothing there." I huffed after my eyes began to hurt from the strain.

   "Yes there is just, here." He sighed impatiently and covered my eyes with his hand.

   "How am I supposed to see thro-"

   "Shut up and give me a minute, I just have to remember the spell." Irritation laced his voice and I had to fight the urge to laugh at how endearing I found it. I waited patiently as he mumbled to himself and soon his hand moved from my eyes.

   "Now look." He whispered and I saw it.There on the letters was a slight discoloration.

   "Why is it like that?" I asked looking back at Taekwoon, a strange kind of light surrounding him now.

   "I let you see it, the magic. If I had to guess, I'd say that Hongbin cast it to stop us from seeing." He explained as he covered my eyes once again and whispered unrecognizable words. When he moved his hand the light was gone and I could see the childish look of fascination plastered on his face. A small smile spread on my face and my hand went up to cradle his cheek without my permission. Maybe it was the fact that he looked absolutely precious or maybe it was the strange look of shock and excitement in his eyes that urged me forward, I'll probably never know, but I pulled him to me, our chests colliding softly. My mind went completely and utterly blank as I felt his tenseness dissipate. My previous nightmare and fear of rejection seemingly disappeared for a brief moment as three simple words left my mouth, however they quickly returned when my quiet confession was met with silence. ! What have I done, he'll hate me now.

   "Wonshik-ah..." His gentle voice next to my ear sent the butterflies in my stomach in a flurry and a shiver run down my spine. I waited in hope and dread for him to continue. Instead of speaking I felt his arms rise from his sides to mine slowly, agonizingly slowly they moved until they found their spot on my back where they clasped and pulled us closer. I felt a grin grow on my face until my cheeks felt like splitting and I knew I must look incredibly stupid, but his shy act was enough to let me know everything I needed to. I pulled away, still smiling stupidly, and repeated those words.

   "I love you." I repeated louder with more confidence and couldn't help leaning in to gently press our lips together when I saw his red cheeks and small smile. It was short and soft, but filled with an unbelievable amount of joy. He pulled away, face stained pink and smile plastered on his face.

   "Wonshik...I...without you, I wouldn't be here. I'd still be stuck in that painting...You took me into your home and helped me when no one else in their right mind would have. Without you...I would be dead. I will be forever greatful for that. And now it's all over and...I can't help but think of how you made me laugh and comforted me when I was frustrated...you spent most, if not all of your time with me and even though the time we spent together was short I...I think I've come to love you as well Kim Wonshik." He pulled us together again and hid his blazing red face in the crook of my neck. I chuckled fondly and patted his head, leaving my hand slid to his back to rest there just to make sure he was solid and there and that this was actually happening, not another stupid dream.

   "Well then, Jung Taekwoon, will you go out with me?" I asked softly into his ear. He nodded his head and let out a strangled noise as confirmation. I let out a light laugh once again and tightened my arms around him, never wanting to let go.


A/N Okay I know what your thinking and yes I'm really bad at updating on time, but but I just got so distracted by final exams and work and my word processor gliched out before I could save and all of my work was gone and my mom made me s'mores to make me feel better and I'm a terrible person...

but anyway I tried really hard to make this chapter as good as my first draft that I lost (still seriously mad about that btw), but I think it falls a bit short. All the questions have been answered now, I think,  and Wonshikie and Taekwoonie have gotten together~ yay

There will be one more chapter and I promise, like seriously promise, cross my heart sixty times that I'll have it up really really soon. So I hope you guys enjoyed the story and I give great thanks to those that have subscribed and commented, I love you guys~~~~