Two

Cursed

A/N Italics are their thoughts.



Wonshik's P.O.V

   "Ravi, wake up." A loud voice woke me from my slumber.

   "Ken...what are you doing here?" I asked rubbing my eyes. I was on a sofa in the living room, so last night must've been a dream.

   "Are you listening to me?" Ken asked waving his arms around comically.

   "No, what did you say?" I answered.

   "What am I going to do with you," Ken shook his head, massaging his temples "I was just telling you that I came to check out your new place. I rang the bell, but you didn't answer so I tried the door. I can't believe you left it unlocked, one of these days you're going to get robbed."

   "Did I? I thought I locked it." I mumbled standing up and stretching out.

   "No you didn't.  Oh yeah I almost forgot, who's that guy in your kitchen?"

   "What guy in my kitchen?"

   "You don't know him? He said he had been waiting for you to wake up for hours, he even made you breakfast.." Ken scratched his head.  I quickly walked to the kitchen and almost ran right into him, the man from the painting. It wasn't a dream? Seriously.

   "...cold..." He suddenly mumbled.

   "What?"

   "You're food is cold." He repeated a little louder.

   "Oh." I started walking to the table before I mentally slapped myself.

   "Don't distract me with food, which looks really good by the way, who are you?" I huffed at him. He stared at me and after what felt like a century he shrugged his shoulders.

   "What? How can you not know you're name?!" I point at him accusingly. He stares at my finger and I lower it, feeling a bit foolish. We make eye contact again and he just shrugs. Then he turned away from me and made his way to the dining room. He sat down and began to eat. He has got to be messing with me...right?

   "Okay then ho-" I started, but was interrupted by Ken.

   "So who is he?" Ken asked sitting down by me.  He put the plate of breakfast in front of me and started picking at it.

   "I don't know." I answered.  Ken spit out some food he started eating.

   "What do you mean you don't know?" Ken yelled in my ear.

   "Calm down okay." I shouted back.

   "What's your name?" Ken asked, the man let out a long sigh.

   "I don't know." He answered.

   "Do you have amnesia or something?" Ken questioned leaning over the table.

   "...Maybe..."

   "Do you know where you are right now?" Ken moved closer to him, he shook his head.

   "Okay...where were you born?"

   "Don't know."

   "What's today's date?"

   "Don't know."

   "Ravi I think this guy really has amnesia!" Ken exclaimed.

   "Maybe we should take him to the hospital." I replied.

   "NO!" The man suddenly yelled startling us both.

   "W-why not?" I asked.  He shook his head and sat back down.

   "Maybe he's insane..." Ken whispered in my ear.

   "I don't know...he doesn't seem insane to me." I whispered back.

   "Look, he just wandered into your house without your knowledge and then made you both breakfast while you slept. That sounds pretty insane to me."

   "Well mayb-" The man suddenly got up, silencing us both. He picked up his empty plate and walked to the kitchen.

   "Either way he just seems way to calm for the situation he is in...and so do you for that matter." Ken sighed.

   "Ken, could you leave?" I asked looking at the kitchen door.

   "What! What if he kills you! I can't just leave!" He gaped.

   "I'll be fine. I just think I'd be able to get more info out of him if you weren't here."

   "I don't know about this..."

   "You can call me later, if I don't pick up then you can come back guns blazin'." I shoed him to the door.

   "Fine, but expect my call...and if you do die...I'll give you a kick viking funeral." He winked at me.

   "Seriously, just leave man." I shook my head. Ken shut the door behind him as he whipered 'Fighting' to me. I rolled my eyes.

   "Is he leaving?" a quiet voice called from directly behind me making me jump.

   "Don't sneak up on me, and yeah he's leaving. I need to ask you some more questions." I said. He nodded and then followed me to the living room.

   "How are you here?" I asked after a long silence.

   "What do you mean?" I had to strain to hear him.

   "You were in the paiting one minute and then standing in my living room the next. Are you real?"

   "Of course I am."

   "Okay then explain to me how you could possibly have come from a painting." I sighed. He stared at me for a long time.

   "Though I don't quite remember my past, I can remember little things, but there is one thing that I remember clearly." He answered.

   "What is it?" I leaned forward in my chair.

   "I'm cursed." He answered.  I just stared at him, completely dumbfounded.

   "Wha...what?"

   "It's true!"

   "Okay...what kind of curse?" I can't believe I'm even asking this. I should be calling an insane asylum.

   "Well...it's kind of like a story someone told me once...Rumpelstiltskin...if I can't remember the name of the person who cursed me in fourty-two days...I'll die." He replied, looking everywhere in the room but me. This guy has got to be kidding, no one would ever believe that...then again he did come out of a painting. Are you seriously thinking about this Wonshik? Call 911!!

   "Why should I believe you?" I finally asked after a small internal war with myself.  He looked at me, obviously confused.

   "Why shouldn't you?" he was staring at me like I was insane.

   "I...I...don't know?" This guy's logic confused me.

   "Well I guess I could show him..." he mumbled more to himself than me.

   "Show me what?" He stared at me long and hard before standing up and turning away from me. He started to raise his shirt slowly. Is he stripping!!!! I quickly stood up and pulled it back down.

   "What are you doing?!" I yelled turning him around. He looked completely shocked and embarrased.

   "I-I ju-just wanted t-to show yo-you the mark!" He stuttered, his face growing scarlet. I let what he said sink in and my face turned a similar shade of red. What was I thinking, of course he just wanted to show me a mark! Wonshik you total ! He turned away from me once again and lifted his shirt to reveal a large red mark.  42 was burned into his back with small, blood-red, scratches stretching away from the numbers.  I stared at it for a long time, neither of us spoke.

   "Can I...touch it?" I whispered. After a while he nodded his head. I reached out and touched one of the scratches lightly. I followed it with my finger toward the numbers, putting a little bit more pressure as I got closer. He cringed when I touched the numbers.

   "I'm sorry did that hurt?" I asked, pulling my hand away quickly.

   "A little..."He replied. There is no way this is fake. Guess I have no choice now...

   "I believe you." I sighed.

   "Really?" He pulled his shirt down and turned to face me.

   "How could I not?" I chuckled.

   "Will you help me?"

   "Of course I will." He sighed in relief and sat back down.

   "Thank you." He whispered.

Six Hours Later

   "RAVI ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?" Ken yelled as he burst through the door. He ran into the living room and was immediately met with an ice cold glare.

   "W-what have you done to Ravi?" Ken whimpered, shrinking away from the man.

   "Ken I'm fine." Ravi sighed from the doorway. Ken spun on his heels and ran over to Ravi.

   "Why didn't you call me?" He huffed.

   "I forgot." I shrugged.

   "Am I that easy to forget?!" He cried.

   "Sometimes." I replied making him pout.

   "So did you figure out who he is?" Ken asked.

   "Nope."

   "Seriously! You still don't know his name."

  "Nope he doesn't remember."

   "Why haven't you brought him to the hospital? He might have brain damage!"

   "He doesn't want to go."

   "So, if my liver was failing and I refused to go to the hospital you would just accept that and let me die?"

   "Yep."

   "You're so mean."

   "I decided to help him remember who he is. So until he does he'll be living here."

   "Great! Why don't you just invite all the amnesia patients in the world in here!"

   "I won't change my mind." I said crossing my arms.

   "I know...well I guess we should think of something to call him." He sighed.

   "You're right." I admitted. I stared at the man for a long time and thenn it hit me.

   "Leo." I said proudly.

   "What?" They both said in unison.

   "It's perfect! I mean he looks just like a lion!" I exclaimed.

   "Yeah I can see it now." Ken agreed.

   "We haven't been properly introduced," I stated walking over to him, I smiled and my hand toward him. "Hello Leo, my name is Kim Wonshik. It is a pleasure to meet you." He took my hand in his and shook it gracefully, showing me a small sweet smile. At that moment I felt myself falling.


A/N So sorry for the late post. I hope it is worth the wait. I've had a bit of writer's block and I had to study for a bunch of tests. It also took a while to read it over and try to fix mistakes, but I'm so tired I don't know if I got them all so sorry about that. I hope you enjoy the story, I've got plans forming for this story. I just hope I can write out my ideas well. I've never been good with words. And I'm rambling on aren't I...sorry ^.^