One

Cursed

Wonshik's P.O.V

        I still remember the summers of my youth when I visited my uncle.  He didn't have much money and lived alone in a small apartment back then. He would play with me all the time and tell me stories, I loved him very much. When I turned thirteen he used some money he had been saving to start a business. After a few rough years he made it big and became a millionaire. He bought a large house and moved away, I couldn't spend my summers with him anymore.

        Now, 8 years later, I got a letter in the mail telling me he died. I went to his funeral and before I could leave my uncle's lawyer told me I was in his will. I was shocked when I was told he left me his mansion. So I packed my bags and moved in. It didn't take me very long to start exploring.

        There were three floors, counting the basement, the first floor was the largest of all. It consisted of a kitchen, dining room, and living room with several other rooms surrounding the foyer. The foyer was the largest of the rooms, with two grand staircases leading up to the second floor. Next to it was a smaller room with a beautiful black piano in the center. Cases for several different musical instruments lined shelves on the walls. The second floor was where my bedroom was. It's a large room with an equally large bed. Long curtains flowed in front of the long windows like waterfalls. Next to my bedroom was a small room filled with easels and a rainbow of paints, my favorite of all the rooms. There were several guest bedrooms on this floor and a large library filled with dust covered books. The only floor left for me to explore was the basement. The basement door was located in a dark corner of the kitchen. I opened it to find a long, narrow staircase that led into pitch black. I walked down the first few steps cautiously, feeling the wall for a lightswitch. When I didn't find one I quickly went to a box in the foyer to get a flashlight. Then I quickly returned to the stairs and carefully walked down.

         The basement was a large open space filled with old wine bottles and a few shelves. While looking at the small trinkets on the shelves I noticed a door in the corner, I tried turning the knob to find it was locked. I looked everywhere for the key, on all the shelves and even between the wine bottles. I was about to give up when i heard a small squeak. I turned around slowly to see a small mouse sitting in the corner. Call me crazy, but I swear we made eye contact. It stood still for a while and then began to move away to the side, still staring me into the eyes. As it slowly sidestepped away i noticed a shiny ring on the floor behind it. I moved over to get it and the mouse shrieked and darted away. I shrugged and picked it up. It was an old key ring with two equally old keys, maybe older. I turned and tried one of the keys on the locked door, which clicked open. I slowly walked inside the small room and looked around. There was nothing in it except for an old crate covered in chains. I walked over to it, picked up the lock, and tried the other key. It easily slid in and unlocked the chains which fell away on their own. I slowly lifted the lid expecting to find treasure or maybe a pricless vase, but instead I was met with two black eyes. Shocked, I dropped the lid which fell on the floor with a loud bang. Once I calmed down I looked in and was embarrassed when I pulled out the painting. It was a large portrait of a young man. I didn't want to leave it down here in the dark so I took it upstairs and looked for a place to hang it. I decided to put it above the fireplace, because what mansion doesn't have a portrait above the fireplace. In the bright lights of the room I could see the painting better and was stunned by the man's beauty. His dark black hair framed the milky white skin of his face. His two dark eyes, filled with emotion, stared back at me and my breath was taken away. I always dreamed of being able to paint something like this.

        After a bit of staring I decided it was time for me to start unpacking at least my bedding as it was getting late. I went back to the foyer and began to dig through the boxes when suddenly the ground began to shake. I fell over and grabbed the stair's railing so i wouldn't fall again as the house began to shake harder. Then the lights went out and I was engulfed in darkness. A crash came from the living room and the shaking stopped. I stumbled for the lightswitch to turn the lights back on when a quiet cry stopped me. I stood frozen in my spot as the sobbing intensified. I slowly walked towards it with my arms outstretched infront of me, feeling for obstacles. I finally made it to the living room door and opened it slowly, though i couldn't remember closing it. As soon as the door opened the crying stopped. I looked around in the dark and shuffled towards the shape infront of the fireplace, it was the painting. The frame was broken and the paper was on the floor a few inches away. I picked it up and squinted at it trying to see if it was ruined in any way, and then the lights flickered on. I blinked rapidly at the sudden blinding light. I slowly opened my eyes to see the piece of paper was completely blank. I flipped it over in my hands again and again in disbelief. The man in the painting was gone.
 

        "What's going on?" I mumbled to myself while rubbing my eyes. I continued to stare at the paper until movement in the corner of my eye forced me to look up. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief again as the man from the painting stood, shaking, in the corner.
 

        "W-who are you? How are y-you? Wha...what?" I stuttered in confusion. The man looked me in the eyes and began to fall over. I quickly ran over to catch him as he fainted.


a/n   i can't help but wonder if i was a bit too descriptive...

    i hope you enjoyed it and please leave a comment on what you think,  i love reading comments ^u^