Nine

Cursed

Wonshik's P.O.V

   I pulled into my driveway shut off my car and just sat there. All the lights of the house were out except for Taekwoon's bedroom. As I stared at the window a dark figure slowly visualized and waved at me. It then disappeared, he was coming down to meet me. Am I ready for this?

*FlashBack*

   "Just promise me!" He begged. I didn't feel right about it, but the urgency in his voice brought me to agree.

   "Fine...I promise."

   "Thank you." He sighed.

   "I have a condition though." I replied looking him in the eye.

   "What is it?" He asked nervously shifting in his seat.

   "Tell me everything you know." I answered trying to show him how serious I was through my gaze.

   "Well," he started cautiously, " it all started when we were kids. Taekwoon-"

   "Who?" I interrupted.

   "Uh, the guy who came out of the painting...his name is Taekwoon." Hyuk replied in confusion.

   "So that's his name..."

   "Anyway, no more interruptions okay, Taekwoon's parents died when he was very young, about five if I remember right. Hakyeon's parents had been extremely close to Taekwoon's so they took him in. Hakyeon and Taekwoon were super close, almost like brothers. As the years passed they never fought and stayed close, until Hakyeon fell in love. The girl became all that Hakyeon would talk about and he stopped spending time with Taekwoon. They ended u drifting apart. A year later Hakyeon proposed to the girl and he invited Taekwoon and some other close friends, myself included, to a celebration. Towards the end of the night it was only Taekwoon and myself left. I don't know what happened exactly, but when I got to that room Taekwoon was doubled over and screaming in pain. I could sense the magic in the room and guessed what had happened. The only thing I could do was put him in that painting and try to figure out who realy killed Hakyeon's fiance. After all these years I found a few clues, but nothing big enough to figure out who did it."

   "Leo- I mean Taekwoon remembered pretty much all of that." I sighed. Nothing new huh...this is hopeless.

   "Really! That's great." Hyuk exclaimed.

   "How that means we have no new information and time is flying by."

   "No this means he might not actually have to talk to Hakyeon to figure this out...in fact maybe just seeing me will help him remember everything."

   "Are you serious?"

   "One hundred percent."

   "Well let's get going then!" I turned the key in the ignition, but then remembered ",before we go...what were those clues you found?"

   "Oh, well, I figured out that the person was at the party that night. He is also a somewhat powerful mage to be able to successfully cast a spell of silence in the amount of time he had. That's about all that I had though...pretty crappy, huh..." He sighed.

   "Well something's better than nothing." I replied as I turned the car towards our lane.

*End FlashBack*

   Hyuk and I got out of the car and walked to the door, as I reached for the knob the door swung open.

  "Wonshik! How did it go?" Taekwoon asked, not noticing Hyuk yet.

   "Hey...Taekwoon..." Hyuk squeaked, Leo squinted at the sound. I stepped into the house, making room for Hyuk to come into the light. As soon as he did and Taekwoon got a good look at him he fell backwards, I rushed to catch him before he hit the ground.


A/N Oh my gosh I am the worst person ever for not updating in two months and coming back with such a short chapter I am so so so so so sorry*bows to the ground a million times*! When I got back to school I had the great idea to join three clubs so between all of those, work, and homework I have had little to no free time.

Excuses aside,I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and sorry for any spelling errors. I have to leave for work in literally five minutes so I had no time to spellcheck. Anyway this story is probably ending soon and all the pending questions will be answered. I plan on updating again either tomorrow or next week saturday so look out for that. Also thank you for all of your comments and staying subscribed through my unplanned hiatus I really love you guys so much.