Five

Cursed

Wonshik's P.O.V

   I woke up earlier than usual, the clock read five o'clock. I lay in my bed enjoying the peaceful silence for a few minutes before I rolled out of it. I strolled down the stairs to the kitchen to make some coffee. When it finished I poured some in a cup and walked out the back door.

   The sun wasn't up yet, but it wasn't dark by any means. There was a soft cool breeze flowing through the damp morning air. Two birds quietly sang  to each other as I walked across the patio. I sat down on my singing bench and leaned back enjoying  the smell of the woods mixed with my fresh coffee. I closed my eyes and sipped some of my coffee, the heat flowed through my body and I felt the most relaxed I have felt since Leo came into my life.

   Even though I've been calm on the outside his life is pretty much in my hands and that would stress out even the most relaxed person in the universe. Not to mention the fact that we're running out of time wthout much to show for it. It's not like we haven't been trying...it's just hard to figure out who a peron is without knowing anything about them. Plus finding out who he is is only the first step in figuring out who cursed him and why. All this uncertainty was driving me insane.

   I let out a sigh, running my hand through my hair, and leaned forward. I opened my eyes and almost dropped my coffee when I noticed Leo leaning against the wall next to me. He had his eyes shut, a small smile gracing his usually emotionless features. The breeze tousled his slightly messy hair and turned his ears and cheeks a light shade of pink. He slowly opened his eyes to meet my gaze and I couldn't bear to tear my gaze away from such a beautiful sight.

   "Good morning." He whispered.

   "M-morning." I stuttered smiling up at him. He turned away from me to stare at the forest.

   "It's amazing out here."

   "Yeah...do you know what time it is?"

   "Six-ten I think."

   "Ah, the sun should be rising soon then." I said finally turning my attention to the already brighter sky.. Slowly the sky turned from a dark black to a light yellow as the sun peaked out over the tree-line. The sun gradually climbed the sky bringing with it a bright blue and the sound of several birds joining the first two in song.

   "How many days left?" I aske without looking away from soft blue sky.

   "Thirty-four." He answered immediately, the smile on his face turning into a grimace.

   "Well we better get to work then." I smiled at him brightly.

   "What should we do first?" He asked sounding nervous.

   "Laundry!" I laughed after a short uncomfortable silence. He let out a small laugh and his face softened. We took our time walking to the laundry room, I was blabbering away about not putting red shirts in with white underwear. When we got to the laundry room he took to separating the lights and darks while I checked the pockets of pants for spare change or reciepts.  In one of my pants pockets I found a crumpled up piece of paper so I opened it and as I read it I let out a gasp.

   "What's that?" Leo asked looking over a large white shirt.

   "I can't believe it! This is basically the first peice of evidence we found and we completely forgot about it!" I shouted waving it through the air. Leo reached over and caught my arm, taking it from my hand. He read it over and his eyes got wide.

   "I told you not to lose this..." He tsked handing it back to me.

   "I didn't lose it...I just forgot about it." I pouted, which I knew made me look and sound weird. He gave me an amused look and went back to sorting the clothes. I followed his lead and went back to work, still thinking about the numbers on the paper.

   "I think it's a combination." I mumbled, barely paying attention to what I was doing.

   "Obviously." He scoffed, I huffed and stuck my tongue out at his back when he suddenly turned around.

   "First of all that's really childish and second of all I think I know what it's for." Leo rolled his eyes and then walked out of the room. I followed him cautiously, afraid he was going to punch a wall again. He led me to the back of the library and started pulling out random books.

   "What are you doing?" I asked picking up a book he tossed to the floor.

   "Looking for the- Ah...found it." He pulled out a book and the bookcase moved to the side revealing a large safe. I gaped at it, I hadn't known it was there.

   "Sometimes I think you own this house, not me." I gaped.

   "I think I did own this house before you," Leo replied "I mean why else would there be a box full of my pictures in your wall."

   "Oh yeah...I forgot about that." I laughed nervously scratching the back of my head. Leo laughed and then told me to read out the numbers for him.

   "7...34...20...9" I read out slowly. The safe door clicked and then swung open. Inside boxes of documents were stacked up to the top of the afe. Leo took out a paper on top and read over it.

   "This is about previous owners," Leo replied "It doesn't list any names, but I think one of these has to."

   "I guess we better get reading then." I sighed, pulling out a box and putting it on a table. Leo nodded and followed suit.

A few hours later

   "So does the name Park Chin Ho sound familiar?" I asked finally finding a list with the previous owners names.

   "No." He answered flipping through a short packet.

   "What about Kim Hyun Ki?"

   "No."

   "Kim Kwang Sun."

   "No."

   "Uhm...Anything with Kim?" I asked looking down the list.

   "No." He replied moving next tome to look at it.

   "Most of these are Kims, looks like this place was passed down with a family." I sighed scanning the paper full of names.

   "Looks to be that way." He agreed resting his head in his hands.

   "Oh that's weird."  I sat up straight.

   "What is?" Leo asked.

   "This is the name of my neighbor...Cha Hakyeon." I replied confusedly pointing at the name.


A/N Finally N comes into the story. Sorry for the really really late update my laptop died last week forever. The motherboard is completely destroyed and I don't have the money to buy a new one any time soon. So RIP my first ever laptop. You were the best thing to happen to me since I discovered Kpop. Anyway please leave a comment I seriously love them all no matter what they say! ^v^