Mission 7 - Sickies

World Warp!

Tats was known to be an overly fussy hen on the best of days but when it came to Shishi being sick, he went from fussy hen to complete infection control, nurse maid annoyance fur ball in a matter of minutes. So upon the prompt learning that Shishi was in fact suffering from an actual flu, the medical matoki had immediately sprung into action. Shishi was confined to quarters, which was perfectly fine according to the grey matoki and if anyone went into his room without wearing the necessary gloves, apron, breathing mask and funny little hat then they would be immediately pounced upon and mercilessly thrown into the bath and scrubbed completely clean and then disinfected.

 

So everyone was avoiding Shishi and his room for now.

 

And since the big boss was away, the little matoki were going to play.

 

Looking up from his book as Tats entered with some lunch slightly later than he would normally do, Shishi smiled towards the pink masked matoki, “Are they giving you hell again Tats?”

 

The medic sighed as he sat down, giving Shishi a large tray which held a bowl of chicken soup, a couple of rounds of toast, a fruit bowl and something which looked distinctly like sponge pudding and custard which the leader was more than happy to accept right now. “They’re being complete pains in the neck, Shishi,” Tats complained, fiddling on with his plastic gloves, “Dada has insisted on doing nothing but annoy the living daylights out of Kiki, Joko is grouchy as anything because he can’t find his precious tools and don’t ask me even how he managed this but Toto somehow got himself stuck in the ventilation system because apparently he was chasing after a sootball or something.”

 

“A sootball?” Shishi asked, blinking confusedly towards the medic.

 

Tats gave him a look before remembering and sighing, “I’ll bring you the DVD to watch, Toto’s currently obsessed with Studio Ghibli movies and you’ll need to watch them to understand his constant blabbering right now.”

 

Shishi chuckled, just catching a cough in his napkin before grimacing, “Well he will do that when he gets obsessed with something.”

 

“But did he have to do it when you’re sick?” Tats complained, “Seriously, none of them are behaving in the slightest.”

 

“Tats,” Shishi said with a smirk, “Don’t take this the wrong way but they misbehave like this all the time. You just don’t have to deal with it constantly.”

 

He received a death glare from the other and Shishi quickly recovered, “Look best thing to do is to tell Dada to give Joko back his tools and then tell him to go and take a look in the scrap yard to see if he can find anything which we can use for something, give Kiki the cooking duties for a bit or set him cleaning out the cobwebs in the ceiling and take Toto out on a long walk to the park or something to get rid of his energy and see if you can pick up anything on that signal from the other day.”

 

Tats blinked, “But then whose going to look after you?”

 

“Me, by myself,” Shishi smiled, “You’re tired and you’re going to make yourself ill if you keep on going like this Tats,” reaching forward to place his hand on his face, Shishi grinned, “and I can’t have my medic sick now can I? That would throw everyone completely out of synch. I’m feeling a lot better today anyways so I should be up and about tomorrow so you go and have some fun with Toto and let the others do some work for a change.”

Tats looked like he was going to argue for a second or two but Shishi knew the ultimate weapon to stifle any argument. Quickly he leaned forward, pressing a kiss to Tats warm lips and smiled as he pulled back, “Go and have fun today Tats, you’re exhausted and I don’t want you to become sick over me.”

 

Pouting, Tats leaned forward to press his own kiss to the leaders lips, “Okay, but if I do get sick I’m so blaming you.”